Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Zac Dysert/QB/Miami(OH)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Zac Dysert/QB/Miami(OH) Reply with quote

I couldn't seem to find a thread on him, so I figured I'd start one. I first noticed Dysert when he was RS sophomore. I came away impressed than and I've kept tabs on him since. I watched him again week 1 and again came away impressed.

I really like this kid and feel he should be more talked about in draft circles. He has a great arm and size. Plays with poise and solid accuracy. What do you guys think?

Dysert vs. Ohio State

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
Nobody

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Zac Dysert/QB/Miami(OH) Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
I couldn't seem to find a thread on him, so I figured I'd start one. I first noticed Dysert when he was RS sophomore. I came away impressed than and I've kept tabs on him since. I watched him again week 1 and again came away impressed.

I really like this kid and feel he should be more talked about in draft circles. He has a great arm and size. Plays with poise and solid accuracy. What do you guys think?

Dysert vs. Ohio State
I was gonna say he wouldn't be drafted too early because of his school, and then realized Big Ben went there too! From what I've seen he could be a nice mid rounder.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned him in the "underrated QBs" thread as a guy who will wind up in that second tier of QBs taken when all is said and done.
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a pretty solid prospect. His two biggest hurdles are his lack of elite mesurables and his level of competiton. But he's shown he can ball.

RIP Robin Williams
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's things I like and things that absolutely make him a risk :

Pros: very strong arm and has a rapid quick release similar to Aaron Rodgers. Moves around the pocket well and has above avg accuracy.

Cons: he doesn't go through progressions. Seems to stay locked in on one side of the field which will make you pay in the nfl dearly. Can be sporadic at times with his accuracy and has the gunslinger mentality.

Overall he warrants a 4th-5th rd selection and could be a huge steal if he's under the right staff that develops him. He has a lot of te mental aspects to develop but the physical tools are there.
c0insnap

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding pocket awareness... very underrated attribute. Seems to have it all from the shoulders on up.

Beast
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
Outstanding pocket awareness... very underrated attribute. Seems to have it all from the shoulders on up.

He does for sure. My problem which is a big problem with him is he doesn't scan the field and go through his progressions. He looks to one side of the field and his eyes don't leave that side. He's worth a pick bc if he sits and learns from a good staff and veteran starter he can be an elite signal caller.
green24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he can end up going in the first two rounds of the draft. I watched some highlights of him and it seems as if his receivers all have stone hands. Depending on what happens between now and the draft, he could possibly go in the top 15-20 picks IMO.
Tacos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been one of my sleeper QB's, I like how fast he gets the ball out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I think he can end up going in the first two rounds of the draft. I watched some highlights of him and it seems as if his receivers all have stone hands. Depending on what happens between now and the draft, he could possibly go in the top 15-20 picks IMO.

I think many are just enamored with the big arm and athleticism. Couple games I've seen him, he consistantly stares down the 1st read and waits for him to get open. He doesn't scan the field very well and go through progressions.

He's got the physical talent, decent accuracy, but needs to improve in the mental aspects in the game and his footwork. He's a nice developmental prospect.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to think of what type of player he will be. I think he can be a very poor man's Ben Roethlisberger or an Andy Dalton.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I'm trying to think of what type of player he will be. I think he can be a very poor man's Ben Roethlisberger or an Andy Dalton.

He's the type of guy I would love to draft in the 3rd or 4th round, then next year let him sit behind Sanchez towards the end of the season let him loose and see what he's got

All his weaknesses are coachable and fixable

But you dont find many 6'4 228 QB's with great accuracy, strong arm and a rapid quick release

edit: just watched the Ohio State film and this kid has all the tools, just needs some pro coaching but he looks like a potential stud

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
green24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dysert is really being overlooked. He is my third favorite QB in the class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmMa5Nv2zoI
http://youtu.be/hOdI99eC8ao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT4YTB8PDDU
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a sit and learn type QB with big upside IMO.

I have always liked him but I thought it was because of my bias toward small school Ohio high school football.

Jamison on the sig
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched a ton on him. Mainly just what I've been able to find on YouTube but from what I've seen - he's impressive.

I first noticed him back in the beginning of the season when Rotoworld really started to mention him as a potential first-round pick so I did some work on him and came away impressed. He does seem to lock-on to who he's throwing to, so you have to hope that you're able to correct that but other than that, he's impressive. Oh, and his name is pronounced like Dicert. It just sounds cool. Laughing

Currently, pending more research, he's my second rated QB.

-#1- Tyler Wilson
-#2- Zac Dysert
-#3- Geno Smith
-#4- Mike Glennon
-#5- Ryan Nassib

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: