Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Golden Tate fined $21k for hit on Lee
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Golden Tate fined $21k for hit on Lee Reply with quote

Tim MacMahon reporting on ESPN that Tate was fined $21k for his blindside hit on Sean Lee

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8399942&city=dallas

Sig courtesy of mack.

Last edited by MaddHatter on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link?

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
green24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
First name?

FIFY.

#TeamManfred
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pete Carroll just confirmed to us that Golden Tate has been fined for his hit on Cowboys LB Sean Lee. Pete says he will appeal

https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/248511848142499840
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golden Tate made a bruising crack back block on Sean Lee, I recoiled in my chair when I saw it.

It's a shame that these hits are illegal now, he didn't see it coming, but Golden Tate hit him in the chest/side so should be allowed to occur IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpEzLr7wJeY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Golden Tate made a bruising crack back block on Sean Lee, I recoiled in my chair when I saw it.

It's a shame that these hits are illegal now, he didn't see it coming, but Golden Tate hit him in the chest/side so should be allowed to occur IMO.

Tates crown clearly hit Lee in the helmet/head. Its also a hit on a defenseless player - if Tate gets protection why shouldn't Lee?

Sig courtesy of mack.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

Tates crown clearly hit Lee in the helmet/head. Its also a hit on a defenseless player - if Tate gets protection why shouldn't Lee?

He hits him in the chest? or am I just terrible at anatomy?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

Posted it in the Hawks forum, but here you go...Lee's head made contact due to it whipping forward from the hit Tate gave him.

Siv

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saw a slo mo replay of it only in real time but it looked clean. Now if he did hit Lee in the head then I agree with the fine.

Edit: After seeing that above it doesn't look like he got his head. Nice chest shot. But he was defenseless.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

Posted it in the Hawks forum, but here you go...Lee's head made contact due to it whipping forward from the hit Tate gave him.

No it contacted because Tate launched himself upward - I also never stated that he made first contact with the head, only that his crown hit Lees head

Sig courtesy of mack.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

No it contacted because Tate launched himself upward - I also never stated that he made first contact with the head, only that his crown hit Lees head

Lee bowed his head in order to brace for the impact and bought it towards Tate's helmet as much, if not more, than Tate's was moving upwards.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

Lee bowed his head in order to brace for the impact and bought it towards Tate's helmet as much, if not more, than Tate's was moving upwards.

How does one brace for impact they don't see coming.g?

Sig courtesy of mack.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He seemed to spring up. If he went straight in then it would've been legal. That's another hit that was this close to being an amazing play.

At least it seems like these iffy bigg hits are much closer to the side of legal, nice plays. Much moreso than last year.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Tate's crown of his helmet knocked him pretty good in the face guard, causing his neck to snap. Seems like a good fine, clearly that looks like an illegal hit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: