Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tate fined $21k for hit on Lee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Tate runs a crossing route and gets blown up by Lee before he can land or brace, SEA is up in arms and Lee gets fined

Lee gets demolished by a blindsided crackback hit and Tate gets fined and SEA is up in arms.

Sound right?
Stop with the generalizing. I said it was a penalty from the moment it happened based on the new NFL rules. Please tuck your tail between your legs and head on home.

I'm sorry but you being one of if not the only one to put aside hometown doesn't make my statement false when every other poster fits.

And a mod telling a poster to stop posting isn't exactly smart

Sig courtesy of mack.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Tate runs a crossing route and gets blown up by Lee before he can land or brace, SEA is up in arms and Lee gets fined

Lee gets demolished by a blindsided crackback hit and Tate gets fined and SEA is up in arms.

Sound right?
Stop with the generalizing. I said it was a penalty from the moment it happened based on the new NFL rules. Please tuck your tail between your legs and head on home.

I'm sorry but you being one of if not the only one to put aside hometown doesn't make my statement false when every other poster fits.

Pot calling the kettle black here? Your team lost. You have been waiting around for a fine to happen because that's all you have left to look forward to in regards to the game played. That is PATHETIC. GTFO of here with your crap. Your logic is flawed. If he deserved to get fined over the rule, good. Fine. Sean Lee said himself that the blow wasn't to the head, that it knocked the wind out of him. If the guy who took the hit can handle it better than the fans, obviously it shows what kind of fans the team has and a lot about the man wearing the uniform.

Respect to Lee. Football isn't the same and it is disappointing. I like player safety, but isn't it common knowledge to ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings? Lee let his guard down. It happens. Get over it.
hdshot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Sound right?

So a defender a couple of yards from the ball runner is defenseless?
It's a blindside hit.

He got blocked in the chest. Ryan got blocked this way and the NFL put that play up on a flag pole showing it good hard football play to all the teams. Now Tate gets punished? C'mon man!
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a sad day when instead of applauding the hit, people immediately pull the 'FINE HIM' card.
hdshot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Sound right?

Pot calling the kettle black here? Your team lost. You have been waiting around for a fine to happen because that's all you have left to look forward to in regards to the game played. That is PATHETIC. GTFO of here with your crap. Your logic is flawed. If he deserved to get fined over the rule, good. Fine. Sean Lee said himself that the blow wasn't to the head, that it knocked the wind out of him. If the guy who took the hit can handle it better than the fans, obviously it shows what kind of fans the team has and a lot about the man wearing the uniform.

Respect to Lee. Football isn't the same and it is disappointing. I like player safety, but isn't it common knowledge to ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings? Lee let his guard down. It happens. Get over it.

There is another problem with his logic. Tate goes up for a catch the defender can still wrap up or dig at the ball. If Tate wrapped up on his block thats holding per the rule.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter why are you so upset with everyone and everything? You're the only Cowboy fan in here just whining and complaining. It was a big hit that could have gone either way.

I'm pretty sure Goodell and Jerry Jones are buddy buddy so I'm not surprised Tate got fined.
I could be wrong about Jones and Goodell though. Too lazy to look that up.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
It's a sad day when instead of applauding the hit, people immediately pull the 'FINE HIM' card.

Pretty much there was nothing else for Tate to do unless you want him to go low but then we would have people complaining that Tate was going for the Knees Lee has 52 pounds on him Tate would have been trucked if he tried to just push him.

I think the rule is dumb to be honest.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Sound right?

Laughing okay MadHatter.

It's a penalty because of the rule.

In every other conceivable way, it's an excellent hit and a great football play.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
klyon7634

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madhater...i bet if it was one of your guys that laid a block like this you would think it was clean and if they got fined you would be upset just like us. But it was one of your players that got JACKED UP so you have your panties in a bunch.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
sirensong

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And man did Lee get jacked up.

Heck, even Kam couldn't top that. Tho Witten looked like a scared girl all game too afraid to catch a ball with Kam coming downhill all day.

#toughestteamintheleague.
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Sound right?

Laughing okay MadHatter.

It's a penalty because of the rule.

In every other conceivable way, it's an excellent hit and a great football play.

It's the sad truth. At least Rugby draws the distinction between intentional and unintentional head contact.

(Not that it gets called right most of the time)
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still don't agree with it. The amount of the fine tells me that Goodell (or whoever makes the choice of the dollar amount) was very borderline on his decision to make this call.

Hilarious. This reminds me when the league fined Aaron Curry for 2 or 3 straight weeks. After that he never gained back his relentless nature on the field. I really do think the fines ruined his game.

Hopefully Tate doesn't lose any of his moxy out on the field because of this. That's still a lot of money for a guy working on a 2nd round rookie contract.

Still love the fact that he made the hit.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
12th man thank you for your support thru these financially hard times! I wouldn't change a thing if I could do it all over again other than

- Golden Tate (@ShowtimeTate) September 19, 2012
Not hit him as hard.

- Golden Tate (@ShowtimeTate) September 19, 2012
Well then.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000064214/article/seahawks-golden-tate-doesnt-regret-hit-on-sean-lee?module=HP11_headline_stack

Doesn't sound like it but we will see i guess.
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll get his money back.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$21,000 and 4,000,000 views on youtube.

Tate hasnt got this much recognition on ESPN or NFL network since the Doughnut hiest.

Amazing Block!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: