Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tate fined $21k for hit on Lee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JOEJOE


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 695
Location: 'DrunkMode' in Playersville
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
Yeah well there's one problem with your theory, You're judging the hit on where Tate's helmet ended up and not judging it on where Tate's helmet began... and for anyone who can SEE, can see that Tate's helmet started in Lee's midsection and ended up at the head area..... If Tate can't play his fines I'll happily help him the best I can.


I am under the impression that any and all hits leading with the crown of the helmet, regardless of where the initial conctact point is.



Then every hit can be deemed an illegal hit then by that thinking, because when you lead into a hit the first thing that gets there is your head, and if you watch the tape Tate leads with his shoulder not the crown of his head.
_________________
Adopt-a-Hawk

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45172
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tate runs a crossing route and gets blown up by Lee before he can land or brace, SEA is up in arms and Lee gets fined

Lee gets demolished by a blindsided crackback hit and Tate gets fined and SEA is up in arms.

Sound right?
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24766
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
What B/S this league is getting so weak now a days. You know Tate could've went for Lee's knees and completely torn both of his ACLs and given himself a concussion in the process, I'm sorry but that was a CLEAN pill-back block, if I've ever seen one... Goodell is ruining this game with this safety B/S... IT WAS A CLEAN BLOCK, The only reason it was fined was because it looked worse that it was.


Actually. Blame the players. Lawsuit after lawsuit directed at the NFL for lack of safety has caused these rules to be implemented. Goodell has to protect his company - and part of that is to prevent these lawsuits from former players.



That's a crock, Goodell has been trying to enforce anything and everything because his a power hungry pig, there has been plenty of hits in the past that where he fined the player and everyone in the NFL community Players/Coaches/Fans and (even the player that was hit) have said Goodell completely missed on that fine... I mean c'mon the first year the NFL has an appeals panel in place and they overturn 4 suspensions for lack of evidence.... That right there is cute, This isn't Goodell's company there are 32 owners in this company and none of them go by the name Goodell.


Ah. Wow. So we won't be able to have an adult conversation I see. Enjoy your conspiracy theories. You are free to have the last word on this issue if you would like, I am now done with this discussion.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pie Romania


Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 1828
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
He planted his feet and exploded upward into Lees helmet - just because he started at chest level doesn't matter. He turned his body into a blind side upper cut and every definition of the rule declares it illegal.


I don't think many are arguing that it was illegal by the new rules....Moreso arguing that Tate did what he should have done given the circumstances. Should he have lowered his head even more and put it straight into Lee's abdomen, potentially causing himself neck or spinal injury? You stated in another thread he should have just shoved him, but since when have real fans wanted to see a guy just push someone else to the side and potentially get trucked over in the process? You don't leave those situations up in the air. Tate did what was best for him and his quarterback given the time frame to make a decision.

I don't know the new rules front to back, so if he violated a rule, fine, take his money....but that doesn't mean the new rules are bulletproof in any given situation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hdshot


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total b/s. What is Tate to do? Give up and let his ball runner get hit? Or hope Lee does not see him and plant his chest into Tate when Tate is in two hand touch mode? Tate go for knees? Tate has no right to protect himself incase Lee see's him? Should be a rule then if someone is in coverage the defender can't break away from his man if the QB decides to run. The defender should not put themselves in danger either. Laughing

I could understand if Wilson was not past the LOS. Lee knew Wilson was past the LOS and went full steam towards Wilson causing the collision.


Last edited by hdshot on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
outside_Insider


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 1218
Location: Calgary, AB
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if he would have got fined if he didn't celebrate like he did.
_________________


"We all we got, we all we need"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JOEJOE


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 695
Location: 'DrunkMode' in Playersville
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Ah. Wow. So we won't be able to have an adult conversation I see. Enjoy your conspiracy theories. You are free to have the last word on this issue if you would like, I am now done with this discussion.



I bet you weren't crying when this happened....




So save me your crying about this little hit on your linebacker....
_________________
Adopt-a-Hawk

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hdshot


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
I wonder if he would have got fined if he didn't celebrate like he did.


There is a celebration fine for that which I don't think he got that.

I guess JJ is a cry baby because Okung got his arm ripped off last year. That fine was only $7,500?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mu113t


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 3
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so happy the NFL decides to fine good clean hits. Here's a question if it was such a dirty hit that he hit him in his "head" where is his concussion say he hit him in the chin where is the mark the blood the injury that this man would of sustained if this hit is truly aimed at the head\neck area. As many times as I have watched this block I am still going to say the same thing and that is one hellava block and happy as hell to see it. Let's turn the table here if it was olgetree( I don't know how to spell his last name don't hate) who smacked Wagner instead.... I would say again that is one hellava block. I hope he appeals and I hope he wins it if he even can I'm not sure how the rules go since I do not care for stupid "defenseless" player bs. What I see is a linebacker trying to make a play on a quarterback who go lit up for not keeping his head on a swivel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21595
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Tate runs a crossing route and gets blown up by Lee before he can land or brace, SEA is up in arms and Lee gets fined

Lee gets demolished by a blindsided crackback hit and Tate gets fined and SEA is up in arms.

Sound right?
Stop with the generalizing. I said it was a penalty from the moment it happened based on the new NFL rules. Please tuck your tail between your legs and head on home.
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hdshot


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mu113t wrote:
I'm so happy the NFL decides to fine good clean hits. Here's a question if it was such a dirty hit that he hit him in his "head" where is his concussion say he hit him in the chin where is the mark the blood the injury that this man would of sustained if this hit is truly aimed at the head\neck area. As many times as I have watched this block I am still going to say the same thing and that is one hellava block and happy as hell to see it. Let's turn the table here if it was olgetree( I don't know how to spell his last name don't hate) who smacked Wagner instead.... I would say again that is one hellava block. I hope he appeals and I hope he wins it if he even can I'm not sure how the rules go since I do not care for stupid "defenseless" player bs. What I see is a linebacker trying to make a play on a quarterback who go lit up for not keeping his head on a swivel.


This block was shown as a legal block around the NFL. I say hellava block as well, even defenseless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok8TDM6oe1Q
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hdshot


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Tate runs a crossing route and gets blown up by Lee before he can land or brace, SEA is up in arms and Lee gets fined

Lee gets demolished by a blindsided crackback hit and Tate gets fined and SEA is up in arms.

Sound right?
Stop with the generalizing. I said it was a penalty from the moment it happened based on the new NFL rules. Please tuck your tail between your legs and head on home.


So a defender a couple of yards from the ball runner is defenseless?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21595
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Tate runs a crossing route and gets blown up by Lee before he can land or brace, SEA is up in arms and Lee gets fined

Lee gets demolished by a blindsided crackback hit and Tate gets fined and SEA is up in arms.

Sound right?
Stop with the generalizing. I said it was a penalty from the moment it happened based on the new NFL rules. Please tuck your tail between your legs and head on home.


So a defender a couple of yards from the ball runner is defenseless?
It's a blindside hit.
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hawkman98272


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 18855
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Tate runs a crossing route and gets blown up by Lee before he can land or brace, SEA is up in arms and Lee gets fined

Lee gets demolished by a blindsided crackback hit and Tate gets fined and SEA is up in arms.

Sound right?
Stop with the generalizing. I said it was a penalty from the moment it happened based on the new NFL rules. Please tuck your tail between your legs and head on home.


So a defender a couple of yards from the ball runner is defenseless?
It's a blindside hit.
If I'm not paying attention and run a red light and get t-boned, I'm getting penalized. Not Tate's fault he wasn't paying attention.

Penalty is cute, I remember when great hits were legal.
_________________

IDOG_det

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mu113t


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 3
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Tate runs a crossing route and gets blown up by Lee before he can land or brace, SEA is up in arms and Lee gets fined

Lee gets demolished by a blindsided crackback hit and Tate gets fined and SEA is up in arms.

Sound right?
Stop with the generalizing. I said it was a penalty from the moment it happened based on the new NFL rules. Please tuck your tail between your legs and head on home.


So a defender a couple of yards from the ball runner is defenseless?
It's a blindside hit.


To the chest it was awesome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group