Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tate fined $21k for hit on Lee
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Tate fined $21k for hit on Lee Reply with quote

Tim MacMahon reporting on ESPN that Tate was fined $21k for hit on Lee

Sig courtesy of mack.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope his team mates help pay for it if he doesn't won the appeal.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will his appeal hinge on SOS's theory that he was involved in the play therefore its not an illegal hit?

Sig courtesy of mack.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pssst. MH. It's being discussed in their version of TACT thread.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Sacks98

MaddHatter wrote:
Will his appeal hinge on SOS's theory that he was involved in the play therefore its not an illegal hit?

After seeing the picture i thought it could of gone either way because he did lead with his shoulder at first and he did get in front of him Lee just didn't see him.
Pie Romania

He didn't initially contact the head. The reason the facemask made contact was due to Lee's head whipping forward.

I guess this is today's NFL though and unfortunately it is what it is. Tate SHOULD appeal.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tate benefits from protection as a defenseless player, why shouldn't Lee?

Sig courtesy of mack.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

Tate was trying to get in front of him though it's just that Lee wasn't paying attention to him i think what got Tate was a little bit of his helmet hitting Lee in the neck area.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Tate was trying to get in front of him though it's just that Lee wasn't paying attention to him i think what got Tate was a little bit of his helmet hitting Lee in the neck area.

This offseason Goodell included crackback blocks within the defenseless player rule for player safety - it was an illegal hit and thusly properly fined

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/28/nfl-expands-defenseless-player-rule-to-crackback-blocks/

Sig courtesy of mack.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What B/S this league is getting so weak now a days. You know Tate could've went for Lee's knees and completely torn both of his ACLs and given himself a concussion in the process, I'm sorry but that was a CLEAN pill-back block, if I've ever seen one... Goodell is ruining this game with this safety B/S... IT WAS A CLEAN BLOCK, The only reason it was fined was because it looked worse that it was.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
What B/S this league is getting so weak now a days. You know Tate could've went for Lee's knees and completely torn both of his ACLs and given himself a concussion in the process, I'm sorry but that was a CLEAN pill-back block, if I've ever seen one... Goodell is ruining this game with this safety B/S... IT WAS A CLEAN BLOCK, The only reason it was fined was because it looked worse that it was.

Actually. Blame the players. Lawsuit after lawsuit directed at the NFL for lack of safety has caused these rules to be implemented. Goodell has to protect his company - and part of that is to prevent these lawsuits from former players.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

This offseason Goodell included crackback blocks within the defenseless player rule for player safety - it was an illegal hit and thusly properly fined

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/28/nfl-expands-defenseless-player-rule-to-crackback-blocks/

Yeah well there's one problem with your theory, You're judging the hit on where Tate's helmet ended up and not judging it on where Tate's helmet began... and for anyone who can SEE, can see that Tate's helmet started in Lee's midsection and ended up at the head area..... If Tate can't play his fines I'll happily help him the best I can.

MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He planted his feet and exploded upward into Lees helmet - just because he started at chest level doesn't matter. He turned his body into a blind side upper cut and every definition of the rule declares it illegal.

Sig courtesy of mack.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
Yeah well there's one problem with your theory, You're judging the hit on where Tate's helmet ended up and not judging it on where Tate's helmet began... and for anyone who can SEE, can see that Tate's helmet started in Lee's midsection and ended up at the head area..... If Tate can't play his fines I'll happily help him the best I can.

I am under the impression that any and all hits leading with the crown of the helmet, regardless of where the initial conctact point is.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:

Actually. Blame the players. Lawsuit after lawsuit directed at the NFL for lack of safety has caused these rules to be implemented. Goodell has to protect his company - and part of that is to prevent these lawsuits from former players.

That's a crock, Goodell has been trying to enforce anything and everything because his a power hungry pig, there has been plenty of hits in the past that where he fined the player and everyone in the NFL community Players/Coaches/Fans and (even the player that was hit) have said Goodell completely missed on that fine... I mean c'mon the first year the NFL has an appeals panel in place and they overturn 4 suspensions for lack of evidence.... That right there is cute, This isn't Goodell's company there are 32 owners in this company and none of them go by the name Goodell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: