Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State Reply with quote

I need my west coast football fans to help me out on this one. I don't get to watch Oregon State much as its not on TV much here in Ohio. I have some Oregon State games from last year and I watched the Wisconsin game on the BTN earlier this year.

I've only seen 4-5 games and highlights from Jordan Poyer, but man am I impressed. He sticks to recievers like glue. He can break on the ball and make a play from anywhere. He is listed as 6'0 190 so size is not a concern. I've seen he is not affraid of contract. He will lay the wood when he has a chance. I've also seen a few times where he forced fumbles. He's not Mathieu in that department but very good at it from what I can see.

My question to you west coasters and Oregon State fans is why in the world is this guy listed as a 4th rounder on every draft website I can find? This guy has serious talent from what I can see and should be a 2nd rounder and possibly 1st rounder.

Jamison on the sig
beavsandpatsfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I need my west coast football fans to help me out on this one. I don't get to watch Oregon State much as its not on TV much here in Ohio. I have some Oregon State games from last year and I watched the Wisconsin game on the BTN earlier this year.

I've only seen 4-5 games and highlights from Jordan Poyer, but man am I impressed. He sticks to recievers like glue. He can break on the ball and make a play from anywhere. He is listed as 6'0 190 so size is not a concern. I've seen he is not affraid of contract. He will lay the wood when he has a chance. I've also seen a few times where he forced fumbles. He's not Mathieu in that department but very good at it from what I can see.

My question to you west coasters and Oregon State fans is why in the world is this guy listed as a 4th rounder on every draft website I can find? This guy has serious talent from what I can see and should be a 2nd rounder and possibly 1st rounder.

because he plays for oregon state, who've been real bad the past couple years
beavsandpatsfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll ask add, teams rarely throw at him so he doesnt have the chance to put up big numbers
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State Reply with quote

beavsandpatsfan wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

because he plays for oregon state, who've been real bad the past couple years

Players are drafted from bad teams or under talented teams all the time, but I agree I think he is getting a lack of attention unfairly due to who he plays for. I think the draft process will show people what he really is and he's going to be a riser all year long.

Jamison on the sig
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft websites aren't the best thing to use right now. They typically don't catch up on guys playing at schools who don't get as much exposure until we get to February and April.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Draft websites aren't the best thing to use right now. They typically don't catch up on guys playing at schools who don't get as much exposure until we get to February and April.

Well I agree. I obviously disagree with the draft media's opinion of him a 4th rounder. I was just asking what others think of him. So, if you would please give me your thoughts I'd appreciate it.

Jamison on the sig
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy had 3 picks today. They just called him a 1st rounder on the Pac12 post game wrap-up.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
The guy had 3 picks today. They just called him a 1st rounder on the Pac12 post game wrap-up.

Alot of quality draft eligible cornerbacks. Poyer is definitely one of them.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt any websites have him outside there top 5 CB prospects. If so then that's just a joke, Poyer is probably the only potential shutdown corner in this draft. I'm sure after today sites will start having him in the 1st.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 5'11" 190 with 4.3 speed and his coverage skills no way he gets out of the first round.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
I doubt any websites have him outside there top 5 CB prospects. If so then that's just a joke, Poyer is probably the only potential shutdown corner in this draft. I'm sure after today sites will start having him in the 1st.
Dee Milliner would like a word with you.
To answer the OPs question, as a Californian, I see a lot of PAC 12 games, and he really impresses me. With Oregon State coming into prominence, he should get a lot of press and be one of the top 2 or 3 corners taken in the first.

Last edited by Nobody on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Dee Milliner would like a word with you.
To answer the OPs question, as a Californian, I see a lot of PAC 12 games, and he really impresses me. With Oregon State coming into prominence, he should get a lot of press and be one of the top 2 corners taken in the first.

Yeah for sure Milliner is a shut down guy right now. Banks looks like one too.

He's in the top 4 with the potential to move up.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
justo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
The guy had 3 picks today.

Psssssssh that's a slow weekend for Romo.

In all seriousness he's going to be a great talent. Shutdown in the Pac 12 so far
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has also been arrested multiple times right? That along with other mentioned things could be why he is currently rated so low. He should have at worst the draft stock of Janoris Jenkins if you ask me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this kids potential. He's my favorite CB prospect in the draft. Will be a shut down top 10 CB at worst.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: