Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 3: Patriots (1-1) at Ravens (1-1) [SNF]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win?
Ravens
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
Patriots
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Sportsmanship Triumphs
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
its amazing how excited the ravens fans are in their thread....you'd think they just won the superbowl or something.

We'd all be excited if the Pats won. 2-1, tops in their division and a tiebreaker over the Pats. Lots to be excited about.

Meanwhile, the Pats are sitting staring up at the Jets.

You have got to be the most negative person I've ever encountered on an internet fan base site....

I'm fairly new, can someone tell me...is he always like this?
Yes, but he's usually got a better basis for his negativity.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
duke2056

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

yeah, 30 points sure sucks...........and woulda been more had they got the ball back a few extra times when they were supposed to.

If I was a Pats fan, it would be hard not to appreciate that performace on the road.

30 points sucks when it's not enough to win.

I don't appreciate that performance because it resulted in a loss and a loss to a team with whom a tiebreaker could be huge.

Winning trumps all. The offense, as we should all expect by now after 5+ years of watching it happen, failed when it needed to put the game away. If it were a 1 time thing, it would be much easier to dismiss it. But this is just who the Patriots are. They are chokers and they are a team whose identity for more than half a decade has been coming up small in big moments.

Chalk it up to bad refs, bad luck or bad circumstance but the Patriots have been chokers more than they've been "clutch winners" over the last decade. Just throw this loss on the pile of big games the Patriots could have won had they actually been able to make one more play on either side of the ball (or on special teams)

I do not see how anything in the past has any bearing on how this game should be viewed.

If you are sad about things in the past, so be it. None of that changes the ridiculousness of TONIGHT.

In a professional sport, it's incredibly unfair and unrealistic to "expect" a team have to put away another team several times to win.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cardinals are a better team than the Ravens. Much better.

BlaqOptic wrote:
VTPatsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only thing I liked about this game was that the offensive line played better than last week. Yeah, they're still not anywhere close to what they need to be, but still. Even without Suggs, holding them to 1 or 2 sacks was impressive.
duke2056

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

I cant imagine many people will agree with this, probably not even most Cardinal fans.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
VTPatsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

I cant imagine many people will agree with this, probably not even most Cardinal fans.

Without Terrell Suggs, I can possibly see where the Cardinals D is better than the Ravens. Even with him you can make an argument.

The offense? No. Not with those RBs and Kolb at QB. Granted, Kolb looked better today, but still. I'll take the Ravens offense over the Cardinals.

And I'll take the Cardinals special teams over the Ravens. There's so much discrepancy between Patrick Peterson and Jacoby Jones, it's unreal. And the Cardinals block kicks...as the Pats learned last week.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that thinks McDaniels playcalling is our biggest problem by far???

The defense definitely didn't make certain plays they should of tonight...but all around our defense is a lot better than last years.

I really think this play calling has been the straw that broke our backs two games in a row. Every time it seems like Brady is getting into a good rhythm, McDaniels comes along and gets Woodhead happy...I mean he doesn't even use Ridley like he should.

I'm honestly just completely confused at how McDaniels is running this offense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks McDaniels playcalling is our biggest problem by far???

I've been here for half an hour, and I can safely come to the conclusion that most posters would agree with this.[/b]
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

The Ravens' defense right now is a shadow of its former self. Compare what they were able to do against Brady in past meetings to what they did tonight. Not even close. And their offenses aren't that far apart. I don't see Flacco as being capable of taking that next step into the upper echelon of NFL QBs, and given the kinds of weapons he has in Arizona, even Kevin Kolb can be a serviceable QB when the chips are down.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTPatsFan wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:

I've been here for half an hour, and I can safely come to the conclusion that most posters would agree with this.[/b]

Okay good just checking Laughing

Because other than the completely random and horribly timed Woodhead draws and trick plays....I can't see too much that I don't like about this team.

The O-Line played pretty good tonight

Our pass rush and front 7 are fine....its just hard to establish when our best rusher is getting held all game

The secondary obviously isn't anything to brag about, but they are making plays here and there and I can only hope they will get better as the season progresses.

I honestly think if we ran just a few less draws, and never did that trick play for a nice 10 yard loss, then we would have secured this game and won by two scores.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was I the only one who was screaming at the TV when the refs made a bad call...in the Pats favor?

Seriously, I don't mind getting a call go the Pats way once in a while...*cough*tuck rule*cough*...but I just can't stand when the refs made so many bad calls for either side.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTPatsFan wrote:
Was I the only one who was screaming at the TV when the refs made a bad call...in the Pats favor?

Seriously, I don't mind getting a call go the Pats way once in a while...*cough*tuck rule*cough*...but I just can't stand when the refs made so many bad calls for either side.

I honestly was so confused half the time I would start screaming because the penalty I saw on the replay (or lack there of) ended up being nothing like what the scab refs announced for what type of penalty it was or for what side.

I'd say half the calls I would start screaming, shut up cause I thought I was wrong, scream again when I saw the refs talking and pointing the pats way, then shut up in awe at the debacle in front of me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
VTPatsFan wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:

Because other than the completely random and horribly timed Woodhead draws and trick plays....I can't see too much that I don't like about this team.

Our pass rush and front 7 are fine....its just hard to establish when our best rusher is getting held all game

The secondary obviously isn't anything to brag about, but they are making plays here and there and I can only hope they will get better as the season progresses.

I honestly think if we ran just a few less draws, and never did that trick play for a nice 10 yard loss, then we would have secured this game and won by two scores.

Ehhhhhhhhh...can't say I agree with you on that.

Outside of Jones, there was no real good pressure that would have affected Flacco enough to make poor decisions or erratic throws. Granted, he had a few of them tonight (I wish Stickum was legal, I would have coated McCourty's hands with it) all by himself, but there was no real way to get pressure.

And the front seven played pretty poorly today. Ray Rice had good holes to run through and even the other guy who's name I forget at the moment made good gains thanks to the Pats front seven being invisible.

Spikes was NOWHERE to be seen except for that 4th down where he took on the lead blocker and let Chung take the back down in the backfield and that short-pass-turned-long-run to Rice. Hightower was even more invisible. The play where Mayo read the hole wrong haunts me right now, and the defensive line outside of Wilfork was lackluster to say the least.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTPatsFan wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
VTPatsFan wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:

Ehhhhhhhhh...can't say I agree with you on that.

Outside of Jones, there was no real good pressure that would have affected Flacco enough to make poor decisions or erratic throws. Granted, he had a few of them tonight (I wish Stickum was legal, I would have coated McCourty's hands with it) all by himself, but there was no real way to get pressure.

And the front seven played pretty poorly today. Ray Rice had good holes to run through and even the other guy who's name I forget at the moment made good gains thanks to the Pats front seven being invisible.

Spikes was NOWHERE to be seen except for that 4th down where he took on the lead blocker and let Chung take the back down in the backfield and that short-pass-turned-long-run to Rice. Hightower was even more invisible. The play where Mayo read the hole wrong haunts me right now, and the defensive line outside of Wilfork was lackluster to say the least.

Todays game was definitely their worst showing...but did you honestly expect to shut down a run game that has been very good since rice got there? I expected rice to have at least a decent game, and while they were running all over us at times...I'm looking at all three games so far this season, not just this one. If i was looking at just this game, then I'd be very afraid....but luckily, I'm not Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way too fired up to get some sleep...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 56 of 59

Jump to: