Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 3: Kansas City @ New Orleans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win?
nobody
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
everybody
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
the replacement refs
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
the Ain'ts
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
the Chefs
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Johanna Lundback
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, we need to extend Houston as soon as possible so we don't have to pay him some egregious amount of money in a couple years

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
also, we need to extend Houston as soon as possible so we don't have to pay him some egregious amount of money in a couple years

I agree. Houston would be a very good start in what is I am sure a completely new concept for Scott Pioli - lock up the young, foundational talent before they (and their agent) sniff free agency.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for Hali starts being Hali. Then Houston stays the same. Just think of our LB core. We would have a top 3 LB core.

Also Hali always starts slow. He doesn't normally turn it on till like week 3 or 4 and he did miss a game. So I expect him to hit his stride this coming up game or the next one.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
I can't wait for Hali starts being Hali. Then Houston stays the same. Just think of our LB core. We would have a top 3 LB core.

Also Hali always starts slow. He doesn't normally turn it on till like week 3 or 4 and he did miss a game. So I expect him to hit his stride this coming up game or the next one.

Hali is getting paid alot of money to get into the swing of things.

HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:

Hali is getting paid alot of money to get into the swing of things.

He is also getting paid a lot of money to be one dimensional, too.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'll say this, Hali gets held more than any player in football and somehow gets very very few calls. Go back and watch the plays where we had the saints backed up in their endzone. Easily could have been holding and a safety. Another issue is teams I don't think (yet) have been scheming for Houston as they do for Hali.

I'm really excited for the players we could add in this draft to improve our LB corps. I love Borland from WI. Guy is a ball magnet, and has a knack for sliding between the blockers when asked to blitz. The fact that right now we could probably add him in the 3rd makes me giddy. His injury history is the only draw back, but once you hit the 3rd round...the risks are there for most players.
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good God, it's amazing how poor some people around here are at following an argument. Rolling Eyes

I stated that I don't think Matt Cassel is good. I stated that I don't think he played a good game overall. I stated that I wanted him replaced in the offseason. Yet, the rebuttals I get...

"Matt Cassel isn't good. He played a bad game overall. He shouldn't be our starting QB."

ALL I am saying is that WHEN he makes a good play, recognize it. Quit trying to demean every little thing he does. When you can't at least recognize the positives, how is anybody supposed to believe that you aren't just a "hater?"

And yes, the play we are talking about was a very good play. He was not looking behind him to throw a pass. He was looking behind him because a DL had circled behind him and he wanted to know for sure where the rush was. And somebody in here actually tried to demean him for throwing the ball where only his guy could get it? Come on, now.

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do recognize when he makes a good quality play. I just happen to be on the opinion that that play was not one of them. He panicked just like he always does, and just barely managed to escape and lob a prayer that Baldwin made a good play on.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:

I'll say this, Hali gets held more than any player in football and somehow gets very very few calls. Go back and watch the plays where we had the saints backed up in their endzone. Easily could have been holding and a safety. Another issue is teams I don't think (yet) have been scheming for Houston as they do for Hali.

I'm really excited for the players we could add in this draft to improve our LB corps. I love Borland from WI. Guy is a ball magnet, and has a knack for sliding between the blockers when asked to blitz. The fact that right now we could probably add him in the 3rd makes me giddy. His injury history is the only draw back, but once you hit the 3rd round...the risks are there for most players.

DT,
Isn't Borland a junior? Also, what about his height? I have read that he is listed at 5'-11" and that might be generous. I don't know much about him other than reading up on him a little bit.

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:

DT,
Isn't Borland a junior? Also, what about his height? I have read that he is listed at 5'-11" and that might be generous. I don't know much about him other than reading up on him a little bit.

Edit : What do you think of North Carolina senior inside linebacker Kevin Reddick?

Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since were talking about ILBs am I the only one who is creaming themselves over Manti Teo? That man will bring some huge speed to our front 7 and would be disgustingly filthy alongside DJ.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Since were talking about ILBs am I the only one who is creaming themselves over Manti Teo? That man will bring some huge speed to our front 7 and would be disgustingly filthy alongside DJ.

The only thing that matters in next year`s draft is that the Chiefs draft a quality top QB prospect. And they need to trade multiple 1st round picks in order to move up if needed.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:

I like Teo alot as well. I just think he will end up going between our 1st round pick and our 2nd round pick.

simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckweath wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

The only thing that matters in next year`s draft is that the Chiefs draft a quality top QB prospect. And they need to trade multiple 1st round picks in order to move up if needed.

Pretty much. I could care less about any position on this roster other than QB, until we get a good QB.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Buckweath wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

Pretty much. I could care less about any position on this roster other than QB, until we get a good QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25

Jump to: