Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Martellus Bennett

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Martellus Bennett Reply with quote

What's the good word on Marty B? I always loved his talent but he had a guy named Witten in front of him to take away all his opportunities. When he moved to the Giants i really liked the opportunity he would get. So what are the practice reports? Is he working hard? Good attitude? Or do you guys just think these first 3 weeks are fluky (personally don't but love to hear your opinions).

Kempes on the custom sig!
Acgott

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has been really good for us so far

Great blocker, getting open on his routes

He has a few case of the droppsies and not finishing his plays but he has been really good for us

I have been very satisfied with the Black Unicorn so far
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep gotta eat my crow on Marty B. I was not happy with him in the Bucs game. But when you look at the sum of all 3 games so far he's been very good.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets be real though, Eli made a slow as molasses white guy who caught two passes in college look like Jason Witten last year...

^Joe_is_the_best
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Martellus Bennett Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
What's the good word on Marty B? I always loved his talent but he had a guy named Witten in front of him to take away all his opportunities. When he moved to the Giants i really liked the opportunity he would get. So what are the practice reports? Is he working hard? Good attitude? Or do you guys just think these first 3 weeks are fluky (personally don't but love to hear your opinions).

He's been really good for us. Great run blocker, good hands (still has dropped a couple balls he shouldve caught though) works hard to get on the same page as Eli. Their connection should keep getting better. I hope the Giants resign him after this year. Plus he's hilarious
stevesmith12

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
Lets be real though, Eli made a slow as molasses white guy who caught two passes in college look like Jason Witten last year...
That cant be forgotten..As long as you can catch a ball, Eli will find you.

That being said, MB does look very athletic and has been an seemingly open target for Eli to pass to in each game so far.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bennett has always been a phenomenal blocker - it was just his fluky hands that held him back in Dallas. He wasn't "behind" Witten as much as some think as we ran a ton of 2TE sets (our most used set is 12) but like Roy Williams, Romo quickly lost faith in him after numerous drops and stopped targetting him as much. It'll be intersting to see how he progresses in NY as he's since come out and said that he never tried in Dallas as he never felt he had a future there due to Witten.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Bennett has always been a phenomenal blocker - it was just his fluky hands that held him back in Dallas. He wasn't "behind" Witten as much as some think as we ran a ton of 2TE sets (our most used set is 12) but like Roy Williams, Romo quickly lost faith in him after numerous drops and stopped targetting him as much. It'll be intersting to see how he progresses in NY as he's since come out and said that he never tried in Dallas as he never felt he had a future there due to Witten.

Yea it's obvious they are going to give him every opportunity to succeed. I'd say the sum of the three games so far he's been a positive pickup. But the jury is still out. He's had a few mental lapses too (one handed TD drop, pulling up on his route). If he can correct those...for the price we are playing him... I'd call it a success.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: