Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finley's Agent Calls Out Rodgers. Finley is Done.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chucknorris101

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenrik wrote:
Why are some people linking this to just J finley. Finley has nothing to do with this except its his agent. Why aren't we calling out Desmond?

My girlfriend thinks Rodgers has the nicest booty in the NFL. So since she's linked to me that means I share her beliefs? Well bad example...

It's really not fair that people link this to Finley when he's not in control of his agent.

While Finley did not say it, the implications are that the person that he has chosen to represent his best interests/opinions to the wider world has chosen to say it. If Finley wholeheartedly disagrees he would have fired the guy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in other news... i traded Finley for a 1st round pick in Madden (from the seahawks)

the DJ williams era is in full effect
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
Lol @ homers who called me a hater for not jumping on the Finley bandwagon. This is just icing on the cake.

I will never understand this mindset. I mean, as a Packers fan you want Finley to fail so you look right about something you said in the past?

I'm sure we have all hit and missed on a few over the years. Lord knows I have and this is how I pay my bills.

A lot of fans have no regard for Finley. They find him arrogant, bombastic and immature and blast him for dropping balls. They hope he screws up so much TT will ship his tail out of town on a rail and we will be free of this vermin.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if Q comes to play in the second half of the season, I'd love to see him eat away at Fins snaps. Q was one of the best blockers on the team, an area where Finley has been extremely disappointing. Watching this past game, its obvious every TE on the roster is a better blocker than Fin. Even Williams. He may not be as big, but he'll get his nose in there. Finley gets a red for effort when it comes to blocking. Just terrible in that regard. He has a WR mindset completely.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
driftwood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Honestly, if Q comes to play in the second half of the season, I'd love to see him eat away at Fins snaps.

that wont ever happen as long as Finley is making 8+ mill a year
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
Lol @ homers who called me a hater for not jumping on the Finley bandwagon. This is just icing on the cake.

I will never understand this mindset. I mean, as a Packers fan you want Finley to fail so you look right about something you said in the past?

I'm sure we have all hit and missed on a few over the years. Lord knows I have and this is how I pay my bills.

A lot of fans have no regard for Finley. They find him arrogant, bombastic and immature and blast him for dropping balls. They hope he screws up so much TT will ship his tail out of town on a rail and we will be free of this vermin.

I disagree with just about all of this.

Most of the Packers fans on this site wanted Finley to succeed and could see what he was capable of becoming. The whole off season after we won the SB I kept bragging that we won it all and we were getting the best TE in football back.

This last year plus has been a gigantic disappointment and again he has a history of doing childish immature stuff like this before when things weren't going his way.

Also I have no idea why the Hell people are bringing Bishop into this.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Honestly, if Q comes to play in the second half of the season, I'd love to see him eat away at Fins snaps.

What makes you say this? During the McCarthy era it's been very simple that regardless of your contract the best players are going to play. M3 has no loyalty or obligation to give playing time to anyone on the field and whoever gives us the best chance to win is going to get the most snaps.

When in the right mindset that of course is JerMichael Finley.

The funny thing about the Quarless requests is I absolutely hated him when he had significant playing time in 2010 because he dropped the ball all the time, which now is Finley's biggest problem.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
driftwood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
driftwood wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

What makes you say this?

unless Fin starts dropping more than hes catching... his already terrible 20+ drop percentage still isnt enough to take him off the field

& if you think contracts dont matter, then you are fooling yourself (& flynn/wilson situation is an extreme rarity, so dont bother using that as a comparison since DJ, Tom, Q & Ryan arent comparable thus far)... so 8 mill a year is more than enough to keep JF on the field (regardless of how much fans dislike his personality & inconsistant catching)

were just going to have to deal with it & hope JF starts to actually live up to the potential

& if he cant, then the JF era ends in 2 years
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, kinda a what have you don't for me lately crowd.

What Fin's agent said was no doubt stupid and I tend to believe that he was halfway speaking Fin's true belief. But it's been TWO games. Finley is 25. He isn't even close to his prime. James Jones had a dropsy season and followed it up with a solid year catching the ball. Give it this whole season before judging Finley's hands.

I'm not attracted to his mouth--even though he had yet to say anything since his rookie year that I consider negative. He just needs to drop twitter, and start getting me TE passes and fewer WR passes. He's regularly trying to make plays WRs aren't making.

Finley's game is only going to get better. Let him be.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure as hell have not given up on Finley yet. There's still A LOT of NFL season to go.

Last year was a disappointing year with ~750 yds and 8 TDs. For most TE's that's a real good year.

He hasn't hit the ground running yet, but that can be said of our whole passing game. Once Rodgers gets going, we'll remember why we fell in love with Finley's talent.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:

While Finley did not say it, the implications are that the person that he has chosen to represent his best interests/opinions to the wider world has chosen to say it. If Finley wholeheartedly disagrees he would have fired the guy.

Should I also divorce my wife whenever she says something I don't agree with?

This whole thing is completey absurd.

Finley said he doesn't agree. End of story. Should be anyway...
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
chucknorris101 wrote:

Should I also divorce my wife whenever she says something I don't agree with?

This whole thing is completey absurd.

Finley said he doesn't agree. End of story. Should be anyway...

Not nearly as absurd as the two God Awful analogies you've tried to use in this thread.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finley opened his mouth once about Rodgers, in what was I believe his rookie year. Since then, he hasn't said anything that I have a problem with.

He aspires to be great and he's not afraid to say it, but we've seen him be humbled as well when he doesn't meet the expectations he sets for himself. The image some people have of him is so horrendously inaccurate.
SplashDive

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Finley opened his mouth once about Rodgers, in what was I believe his rookie year. Since then, he hasn't said anything that I have a problem with.

He aspires to be great and he's not afraid to say it, but we've seen him be humbled as well when he doesn't meet the expectations he sets for himself. The image some people have of him is so horrendously inaccurate.

+1

Also people are so excited about Q coming back but do they forget he is coming off of major knee surgery? Who knows what we will get out of him and dont forget that Finley was having a breakout season in 2010 and had a knee injury. Since then people have been blasting him. Just some food for thought.

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashDive wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

+1

Also people are so excited about Q coming back but do they forget he is coming off of major knee surgery? Who knows what we will get out of him and dont forget that Finley was having a breakout season in 2010 and had a knee injury. Since then people have been blasting him. Just some food for thought.

I'm excited for Q for what he brings as a blocker. Will be interesting how he treats that knee. If he blocks like he did before the knee, he'll be someone I want in roughly 20 snaps a game.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: