Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finley's Agent Calls Out Rodgers. Finley is Done.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
svp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ignordy Nelson" that is hilarious.

Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
I expect an enormous game from Fin on Monday.

I don't see it with Kam Chancellor playing on him. Kam is probably the premiere TE stopping talent in the league. Strong like bull. Big like bear. Quick like bunny.

I mean, it could happen. But if there was one game I predicted him to not play well, it would be this one.

G3RMANATOR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
justo wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
Lol @ homers who called me a hater for not jumping on the Finley bandwagon. This is just icing on the cake.

ha Homers!
packerfan.jpeg
sports sig with the same agent as the guy he's grilling

As pack4life said, finley clearly wouldn't just allow this to be said without consulting with his agent. This is just another way for Finley to make excuses for not performing up to his potential, as evidenced by him calling out Rodgers in the past. I've quickly learned that the guy is too immature to really max out his potential in the league, as most of the packer fans on this forum will point out Waldo metrics and how much "ability" the guy has which somehow make him a top 5 player at his position.

You REALLY believe Braatz and Finley discussed Braatz's response to a response to a tweet that didn't mention Rodgers? Rolling Eyes

Its the agents job to represent the players, is it not and heres a direct quote from baratz

ARod is a great QB he isn't a great leader. There's a major difference. Leaders take the blame & make every1 better. He doesn't.

the quote seems like it is attacking Rodgers for not making Finley the superstar that he is supposed to be, which Finley has done so in the past

You are completely reading what you want to into that. Where is the quote were he says Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL? Braatz tweeted that the same day. Finley's agent, not Finley, says that in his opinion Rodgers isn't a great leader. Whoopty doo! You are completely imaging a tie between that and Finley's take on the situation.

Again you are reading into things what you want to hear regarding Finley. I guarantee you can't come up with a quote where Finley blames Rodgers for not making him a superstar. It doesn't exist. Finley has had nothing but positive things to say about Rodgers (minus one minor quote 5 years ago) and has taken personal responsibility for any shortcomings in his game.

But like it or not, the job of a sports agent is to represent the players. Considering that Finley hasn't said that he will fire his agent means that he stands by what he said. Same goes for Bishop, it is the players name that is at stake and both of them need to decide where their loyalties lie.

Not really. His main job is to get his clients the best contract he can. I'm guessing you don't think Finley is worth his contract so he must have done a pretty decent job. Finley has already said he disagrees with his agents opinion. Apparently you didn't bother finding that out because you already have your mind made up. He doesn't have to fire him to prove that.

And thats Finleys choice but it doesn't mean its neccesarily the right one. If I was him and my agent said that about my quarterback I wouldn't hesitate to fire him immediately. The agent made a really dumb decisiion and its making Finley look bad as well. And yes Finley isn't worth being paid the highest tight end this year, of that I am so certain.

Thanks to Walter on the sig!^
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G3RMANATOR wrote:
The agent made a really dumb decisiion and its making Finley look bad as well.

Only to a 'select' crowd.
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G3RMANATOR wrote:
Lol @ homers who called me a hater for not jumping on the Finley bandwagon. This is just icing on the cake.

I will never understand this mindset. I mean, as a Packers fan you want Finley to fail so you look right about something you said in the past?

I'm sure we have all hit and missed on a few over the years. Lord knows I have and this is how I pay my bills.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

I will never understand this mindset. I mean, as a Packers fan you want Finley to fail so you look right about something you said in the past?

I'm sure we have all hit and missed on a few over the years. Lord knows I have and this is how I pay my bills.

I used to be a Finley fan, until I realized through the past that he isn't a Packer person and the fact that I get blasted for not riding his jockstrap and calling him a top 5 tight end when he isn't even top 10. I'd love to see him do great for us and grow up but its been 4 years now and its not happening. The packer forum had (and still does) this unreasonable infatutation with the guy and now we all see after all of this waiting that he is nothing more than a slightly above average player.

palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G3RMANATOR wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

I used to be a Finley fan, until I realized through the past that he isn't a Packer person and the fact that I get blasted for not riding his jockstrap and calling him a top 5 tight end when he isn't even top 10. I'd love to see him do great for us and grow up but its been 4 years now and its not happening. The packer forum had (and still does) this unreasonable infatutation with the guy and now we all see after all of this waiting that he is nothing more than a slightly above average player.

I feel ya on all of that. Strokes to you as well if you could see his future that much better than I. I truly felt Finley would be a star! Watching the feed week in and week out gets a little harder to take though. I can get over many things but lack of pride is not one of them. Guess it was just the icing on the cake line that caught me a little off guard there. I'm starting to have my doubts about Finley also. But I sure as hell hope for the best there as a fan.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

I don't see it with Kam Chancellor playing on him. Kam is probably the premiere TE stopping talent in the league. Strong like bull. Big like bear. Quick like bunny.

I mean, it could happen. But if there was one game I predicted him to not play well, it would be this one.

Even more so with the Zebra's right now! Contact down field seems to be a non issue for them. I have a hard time with this Monday game because of this to tell the truth. That's by far the biggest set of DB's in the NFL right now and their not handing out flags on very clear contact.

Add in all the stops in play that kills Rodgers ability to get into a good flow out there. Just sayin. This ref issue is one that clearly affects some far more than others pending the system at hand. Damn thing just kills Mac's spread, no doubt!

Was thinking about making a topic about this some time back but it's a very thin line for me on that one. If someone wanted to do so though, I would love to read your guys POV there!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

I feel ya on all of that. Strokes to you as well if you could see his future that much better than I. I truly felt Finley would be a star! Watching the feed week in and week out gets a little harder to take though. I can get over many things but lack of pride is not one of them. Guess it was just the icing on the cake line that caught me a little off guard there. I'm starting to have my doubts about Finley also. But I sure as hell hope for the best there as a fan.

Its not that I was prediciting anything its just I wasn't ready to crown Finley just yet for a number of reasons. Trust me I'd love to see Finley be a leader and become an all-star I just don't see him becoming that because of his maturity issues. Guess I'm just shooting back at the people who called me a hater and all that for questioning Finley.

Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

Hopefully Pete puts him on him. Finley will be able to get yards on KJ Wright.
th87

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell is a leader anyway? It's just a formless, unmeasurable, imaginary distinction that somehow separates Brady and Brees from Rodgers. Somehow.

Brady and Brees are less manly than Rodgers. See? I can make up a meaningless distinction too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

th87 wrote:
What the hell is a leader anyway? It's just a formless, unmeasurable, imaginary distinction that somehow separates Brady and Brees from Rodgers. Somehow.

Brady and Brees are less manly than Rodgers. See? I can make up a meaningless distinction too.

I had a long talk with my pops today about this one. It's crazy talk to tell the truth. Rodgers just has a much different style of leadership than those guys. Man came up as a 9ers fan and it shows. That's Joe cool Montana all day long right there. Nothing wrong with that. Man just don't sport it on his shirt like some do.

Clearly there is no stone cold book on how to lead pro athletes. Many, many ways to skin a cat there. Just because it don't fit your idea of leadership should not tell you it's a neg red. Many did not like Dan Marino's in your face style of leadership. I for one frickin loved it.

Some need a joke/smile or tap on the tail, some need a kick in said tail. All things in with THIS TEAM, Rodgers style looks to be ideal for me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a terrible thing to say publicly. You can say it privately, but to make it known to the world?

When it comes to this situation, I guess you could say Finley's agent really..

( _)

( _)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

..dropped the ball.

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
G3RMANATOR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
Wow, what a terrible thing to say publicly. You can say it privately, but to make it known to the world?

When it comes to this situation, I guess you could say Finley's agent really..

( _)

( _)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

..dropped the ball.

YEAHHHHH!!!!

Kenrik

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are some people linking this to just J finley. Finley has nothing to do with this except its his agent. Why aren't we calling out Desmond?

My girlfriend thinks Rodgers has the nicest booty in the NFL. So since she's linked to me that means I share her beliefs? Well bad example...

It's really not fair that people link this to Finley when he's not in control of his agent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: