Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finley's Agent Calls Out Rodgers. Finley is Done.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G3RMANATOR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
Some people don't like Finley so they look for the worst possible in everything he says. Simple as that.

Bingo.

It's getting silly. He gets blamed when defenders break up passes. He gets blamed for saying the same things everyone else is saying.

He's the new Jarrett Bush of the forum. Undue hate and criticism because it's cool to hate on him now.

Maybe if people like you wouldnt hype him up like the next coming ofjesus christ then people wouldnt give a damn

Who is hyping him up besides himself? Laughing He is a tad bombastic about his talents but for some reason this behavior really bothers a lot of fans. I don't care what he says. From everything I've read he is a hard working guy who is well liked by his coaches and teammates. As long as he is trying to improve, is no cancer in the lockerroom and stays out of trouble off the field I don't have a problem with him. I want him to catch the darn ball but he isn't the only player I want to see play a heck of lot better - starting tomorrow night.

Thanks to Walter on the sig!^
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
Man will never see his nine mil next year, thats all going to Jennings who is going to show guys how to shut up play and get paid.

"They know how I feel," Jennings said of the coaching staff. "As a competitor, I would hope they know that I want the ball. When I'm in the meeting and I'm looking at myself running wide open and I'm not getting the opportunity, yes, I am pissed -get me the doggone ball"

Just saying.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
th87

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt Finley has underdelivered on his vast potential. But people definitely go after him more than anyone for his relatively innocuous comments.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
Man will never see his nine mil next year, thats all going to Jennings who is going to show guys how to shut up play and get paid.

"They know how I feel," Jennings said of the coaching staff. "As a competitor, I would hope they know that I want the ball. When I'm in the meeting and I'm looking at myself running wide open and I'm not getting the opportunity, yes, I am pissed -get me the doggone ball"

Just saying.

The difference is it's slightly more OK to say things like that for Jennings, because he is making the most of the opportunities he gets. Finley isn't. Take care of yourself first before even mentioning anyone else. Even Jennings saying it is pushing the line, but basically it comes off like Finley is saying "Yeah whatever, I'm making some mistakes, but who cares, they need to give me more opportunities". That's why it rubs some of us the wrong way.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
G Harmon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G3RMANATOR wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

Maybe if people like you wouldnt hype him up like the next coming ofjesus christ then people wouldnt give a damn

Not only are you wrong about your assertion, even if you were correct it doesn't excuse illogical conclusions from "people like you."

It certainly doesn't help "people like you" make a coherent, intellectually honest point to ultimately reach a fact-based conclusion.

So you shouldn't be so proud of yourself.

Cut trying to sound smarter than me with your fancy vocabulary. It was a mass group of people who hyped up Finley to be the next best thing and comparing him to Larry Fitzgerlad that got the whole fanbase with huge expectations for him. Now that thats calmed down we can see who he truely his and a lot of people are disappointed in him.

Truth

People were saying a 1000 yard, 8 td season was a. Dissapointment for. Him after. That. Arizona playoff lose.

This forum loves hyping up their players to unreachable heights, then preach it to the world and then get angry when the players show their true colors and fans from other teams tell us to eat crow.

G.Harmon MLB #9
...Stop, You're Looking At Brilliance. G.G.T.G
th87

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G Harmon wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

Not only are you wrong about your assertion, even if you were correct it doesn't excuse illogical conclusions from "people like you."

It certainly doesn't help "people like you" make a coherent, intellectually honest point to ultimately reach a fact-based conclusion.

So you shouldn't be so proud of yourself.

Cut trying to sound smarter than me with your fancy vocabulary. It was a mass group of people who hyped up Finley to be the next best thing and comparing him to Larry Fitzgerlad that got the whole fanbase with huge expectations for him. Now that thats calmed down we can see who he truely his and a lot of people are disappointed in him.

Truth

People were saying a 1000 yard, 8 td season was a. Dissapointment for. Him after. That. Arizona playoff lose.

This forum loves hyping up their players to unreachable heights, then preach it to the world and then get angry when the players show their true colors and fans from other teams tell us to eat crow.

He was on his way. The plays he was making in 2009 and 2010 gave us hope that he'd be the best TE in the NFL. He is nowhere near the same guy now - not as explosive, not as much body control, and now a drops problem. Like a Packer Pat Listach.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G3RMANATOR wrote:
Pugger wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
Some people don't like Finley so they look for the worst possible in everything he says. Simple as that.

Bingo.

It's getting silly. He gets blamed when defenders break up passes. He gets blamed for saying the same things everyone else is saying.

He's the new Jarrett Bush of the forum. Undue hate and criticism because it's cool to hate on him now.

Who is hyping him up besides himself? Laughing He is a tad bombastic about his talents but for some reason this behavior really bothers a lot of fans. I don't care what he says. From everything I've read he is a hard working guy who is well liked by his coaches and teammates. As long as he is trying to improve, is no cancer in the lockerroom and stays out of trouble off the field I don't have a problem with him. I want him to catch the darn ball but he isn't the only player I want to see play a heck of lot better - starting tomorrow night.

I don't know if you've been posting in this forum longer than me but I'd wager been watching football longer than you've been alive. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
Pugger wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:

Bingo.

I don't know if you've been posting in this forum longer than me but I'd wager been watching football longer than you've been alive. Confused

That was pretty epic.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only replying because I like Dubyajay's Richard Dawkins avatar.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
Pugger wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:

Bingo.

Lol if youve been on this forum for truely long enough you should know of the mass hype fest that Finley received in 2009-2010

chucknorris101

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Methinks Finley still cant get over his knee injury from two years ago. His quad this year maybe different because it was more self inflicted/pulled muscles happen alot.

He's always thinking about the coming hit or other things than catching before actually trying to catch the ball

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
I'm only replying because I like Dubyajay's Richard Dawkins avatar.

me too Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

Just saying.

The difference is it's slightly more OK to say things like that for Jennings, because he is making the most of the opportunities he gets. Finley isn't.

Is that true though?
Greg Jennings- Career- YPT 8.8, Catch Rate 57.2, Targets per TD 14.1
JerMichael Finley- Career- YPT 8.9, Catch Rate 68.1, Targets per TD 15.5

Those numbers don't seem to be saying that GJ is producing more with his opportunities than Finley is. Definitely not a statistically significant amount where they should be held to different standards because of their production on a per opportunity basis.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G3RMANATOR wrote:

I wasn't trying, but for future reference, which words are "fancy"?

Those over 2 syllables? Those Finley wouldn't know?

What's the baseline?

Also, do you STILL not understand that Fitz comparison thread someone started? That's pretty sad if you don't. I feel it's been explained to you no fewer than a dozen times Laughing
G3RMANATOR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

I wasn't trying, but for future reference, which words are "fancy"?

Those over 2 syllables? Those Finley wouldn't know?

What's the baseline?

Also, do you STILL not understand that Fitz comparison thread someone started? That's pretty sad if you don't. I feel it's been explained to you no fewer than a dozen times Laughing

I do and the thread was very clear to me. The one in the Packers forum had Finley 80 to 20 while the one in NFL General had Fitzgerald 80 to 20. What a surprise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: