Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finley's Agent Calls Out Rodgers. Finley is Done.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kampman74

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I guess I agree with some of what he is saying, he is digging his own grave. Man will never see his nine mil next year, thats all going to Jennings who is going to show guys how to shut up play and get paid. Next year is YOTSYF. Year of the see you Finley. Think Alright that needs some work, but you get the idea.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
And it continues...

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/10/11/12/Finley-on-chemistry-with-Rodgers-It-take/landing_packers.html?blockID=803097&feedID=5065

Quote:
"It's OK," Finley said Wednesday. "Not good enough at all. Something to be worked on, and try to work on it as much as I can, try to talk to him as much as I can, but like I said, it takes two people."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think I'm doing fair. I think I'm doing well, doing what I'm supposed to do. I think I'm giving my all out on the field, for sure. I think I'm doing fair. I'm not doing the best I can do, of course, but hey, who said it was going to be a great year?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think he's playing good, but like I said, this is a team sport, and it's going to take all 11 of us on the field when he's on the field with us. I don't put it all on him. It's his receiving corps, we're dropping balls; it's his linemen not blocking for him. He's got a lot to think about. I would be scared, too, if I was getting hit like that."

He really just needs a team mandated gag order or something. He just has no brain-mouth filter and doesn't know when to shut his mouth and not make his private thoughts public. He doesn't really take ownership of his own struggles. He kinda does but then makes excuses for them. There is just something missing between the ears that if he hasn't gotten by now, he isn't going to get, imo. I really hope they don't end up giving him a huge long term deal. He hasn't earned it yet and won't live up to it.

What did he say that was all that bad? Is the WR core dropping balls? Yes. Are his lineman not doing a good enough job blocking? Yes. I agree, some word choices could be better, because it's coming off in a way I don't think he intended, but he's not saying "the rest of the team sucks, but I'm a beast." He said it's going to take 11, he doesn't put it all on Rodgers. He said he wants to work on his chemistry with Rodgers. He said he tries to work at it as much as he can. He didn't say "Rodgers sucks, I do everything for the guy and he is just nowhere. He is playing like garbage I want to win." It's coming off in his crazy Finley way, but essentially he's saying "we all have to play better and Rodgers is struggling because we all aren't doing what we need to do to help him. We have to get better." Sounds like he is defending his QB if anything.

Really, what's wrong with what he said?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:

He said it. Jones, Cobb, and Jennings all said things this week that people would have jumped all over Finley for. Some people don't like Finley so they look for the worst possible in everything he says. Simple as that.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think the guy is a jackass, and now that he drops as many balls as he catches he's becoming a liability. I thought this guy was going to be a superstar ... instead it's looking like he's a flash in the pan. He's due a 3.5 mil roster bonus early next year. I won't be all that surprised if TT deals him away.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

He said it. Jones, Cobb, and Jennings all said things this week that people would have jumped all over Finley for. Some people don't like Finley so they look for the worst possible in everything he says. Simple as that.

Exactly. You're right, had another receiver said anything like this it wouldn't be on the front page of the Press-Gazette for the Journal Sentinal. But because it was Finley, who isn't the most eloquent of speakers in the world, the media and some fans are again in an uproar.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
I just think the guy is a jackass, and now that he drops as many balls as he catches he's becoming a liability. I thought this guy was going to be a superstar ... instead it's looking like he's a flash in the pan. He's due a 3.5 mil roster bonus early next year. I won't be all that surprised if TT deals him away.

If TT deals away every receiver who been droping passes lately the only guys left on the roster would be Boykin and Taylor...

Yes, Finley has been a liability but lets not act like he's the only one not playing up to his potential this season.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Can I see what they said? I didn't get a chance to see those links.

Not sure why the mega-finley-apologists still think that people just don't "like" Finley. You know what I don't like? Poor quality of play from a player who is getting payed to be one of our best players. He isn't worth the money he's getting payed.

It doesn't help that everything he says is extremely back-handed. This is right up there with Chris Johnson's "no one blocks for me and the passing offense sucks; we all need to get better" interview. If you can't find faults with these comments you should be the one to try looking at them completely openly minded.

wgbeethree

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Not sure why the mega-finley-apologists still think that people just don't "like" Finley. You know what I don't like? Poor quality of play from a player who is getting payed to be one of our best players. He isn't worth the money he's getting payed.

It doesn't help that everything he says is extremely back-handed. This is right up there with Chris Johnson's "no one blocks for me and the passing offense sucks; we all need to get better" interview. If you can't find faults with these comments you should be the one to try looking at them completely openly minded.

James Jones said, via FOX Sports Wisconsin. "We've beat every coverage out here.

Jennings said. "So, the separation has been there, we just haven't been executing."

Randall Cobb added, "We haven't made the plays but we're stretching the field. We're open downfield."

I think all of those quotes coming from Finley would be taken by some to be "blaming" Rodgers. If they are "beating every coverage", "the seperation is there", and "we are open downfield" they have to be blaming the quarterback for things not working, right?

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
Some people don't like Finley so they look for the worst possible in everything he says. Simple as that.

Bingo.

It's getting silly. He gets blamed when defenders break up passes. He gets blamed for saying the same things everyone else is saying.

He's the new Jarrett Bush of the forum. Undue hate and criticism because it's cool to hate on him now.
G3RMANATOR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
Some people don't like Finley so they look for the worst possible in everything he says. Simple as that.

Bingo.

It's getting silly. He gets blamed when defenders break up passes. He gets blamed for saying the same things everyone else is saying.

He's the new Jarrett Bush of the forum. Undue hate and criticism because it's cool to hate on him now.

Maybe if people like you wouldnt hype him up like the next coming ofjesus christ then people wouldnt give a damn

Thanks to Walter on the sig!^
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G3RMANATOR wrote:

Maybe if people like you wouldnt hype him up like the next coming ofjesus christ then people wouldnt give a damn

Not only are you wrong about your assertion, even if you were correct it doesn't excuse illogical conclusions from "people like you."

It certainly doesn't help "people like you" make a coherent, intellectually honest point to ultimately reach a fact-based conclusion.

So you shouldn't be so proud of yourself.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
Sandybaby716 wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

James Jones said, via FOX Sports Wisconsin. "We've beat every coverage out here.

Jennings said. "So, the separation has been there, we just haven't been executing."

Randall Cobb added, "We haven't made the plays but we're stretching the field. We're open downfield."

I think all of those quotes coming from Finley would be taken by some to be "blaming" Rodgers. If they are "beating every coverage", "the seperation is there", and "we are open downfield" they have to be blaming the quarterback for things not working, right?

It seems to me these guys can say this kind of stuff and nobody bats an eye but when Finley says basically the same thing it's front page news and some fans start calling for TT to ship his fanny out the door.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G3RMANATOR wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:

Bingo.

Who is hyping him up besides himself? Laughing He is a tad bombastic about his talents but for some reason this behavior really bothers a lot of fans. I don't care what he says. From everything I've read he is a hard working guy who is well liked by his coaches and teammates. As long as he is trying to improve, is no cancer in the lockerroom and stays out of trouble off the field I don't have a problem with him. I want him to catch the darn ball but he isn't the only player I want to see play a heck of lot better - starting tomorrow night.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

It doesn't help that everything he says is extremely back-handed
. This is right up there with Chris Johnson's "no one blocks for me and the passing offense sucks; we all need to get better" interview. If you can't find faults with these comments you should be the one to try looking at them completely openly minded.

Simple it's this in bold above. JJ, GJ and the others speaking out are so much less critical of their teamate's and typically speak from a team standpoint. Finley has and will always come across as backhanded and ME or Them. If he does take any blame for his own play it's quickly followed with an excuse to cover it up. Nothing wrong with believing in yourself but when speaking to the media over and over he continues to come across as if it's someone elses fault. I wouldn't want to play with a guy like that. And for the love of God catch the damn ball.
Kid could be fantastic but continues to look for an excuse rather then use his own faults to push himself to be better. I myself to believe he's likely on his last year here and we'll see how he does with another QB and he's the focal point of an offense, I'll put my money on the same as he is now.
G3RMANATOR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

Not only are you wrong about your assertion, even if you were correct it doesn't excuse illogical conclusions from "people like you."

It certainly doesn't help "people like you" make a coherent, intellectually honest point to ultimately reach a fact-based conclusion.

So you shouldn't be so proud of yourself.

Cut trying to sound smarter than me with your fancy vocabulary. It was a mass group of people who hyped up Finley to be the next best thing and comparing him to Larry Fitzgerlad that got the whole fanbase with huge expectations for him. Now that thats calmed down we can see who he truely his and a lot of people are disappointed in him.

Thanks to Walter on the sig!^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: