Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Haslett in Trouble? Raheem Morris Called 4Q Plays vs. Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 65466
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brandonb2005 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Could this,mean a 43? Shocked


No, just no. The 3-4 is here to stay. The plan all this time was for Raheem to learn the 3-4 and take over for Haslett at the end of the year unless Haslett had a great year(which was unlikely)
If we had better talent in the secondary and Orakpo and Carriker had stayed healthy, I think Hasslett and the D would have had a great year. There was a definitely a chance Hasslett would have gotten this D from 31st in 2010 to top 5 this year. The fact that we mostly ignored the secondary by just temorarily patching a few holes so we could spend most of our $ on WRs isn't Hasslett's fault.

IMO Morris isn't some great coach, I don't think he's an upgrade over Hasslett. The Bucs look a whole lot better on both sides of the ball since he's gone and our secondary looked worse with him coaching it this year than it had last year.

I like Hasslett and I think he's a good and well respected D coordinator in the league. I think getting rid of him would be a mistake.


I disagree. Haslett had no other options but to come here, that should tell you all you need to know. His defense is not working, all you have to do is slow down the pass rush and it completely destroys his game plan. Raheem Morris was considered one of the top assistants in the league under Jon Grudan, many saw him as a future head coach in this league however Tampa Bay threw him in to a terrible rebuild situation and refused to spend any money. Haslett is a goner, there was no other reason Morris would've came here. Kyle Shanahan and Raheem Morris are more than likely the future of this team.
Raheem didn't have too many other options either and that's why he took a positions coach job.

Did any one even want him for a defensive coordinator job? I can't remember.

yeah, at one time he was thought of as a highly sought after assistant but that was 4 years ago.


The Vikings. He's still sought after, as many inside the league believe he was put in a terrible situation with the Bucs. Haslett has been a proven failure in this league, give Raheem a shot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/raheem-morris-turned-down-vikings-defensive-coordinator-job/2012/01/26/gIQAzWZ0SQ_blog.html


Consistency wins championships!!

It's no need to fire your DC coordinator or make a switch in after just two weeks of football. It wont make any sense to switch to Morris when like said earlier the secondary is in fact the problem. Against the Saints we looked good as a unit. Against the Rams we looked horrible because we sat back in a soft zone and treated Bradford/Amendola like they were Brady and Welker. If that was Hasselts plan, then he should take the heat for that.

Haslett has done a pretty good job and made vast improvements from when he took over the D. Add in the fact that Merriweather still hasn't played Tanard Jackson (was going to be apart of the 3 safety look) didnt pan out for us. You can only play the cards you are dealt, maybe he knows the secondary is the weakness and he was depending on the front 7 to get pressure while they sat in zone's last week.

Long story short, we can sit here and point the finger all day...but if any change is going to be made. It needs to take place at the end of the year and its needs to be somebody internal, so we can continue the continuity with our scheme instead of starting over again.

Next year draft and Free Agency need to be dedicated solely to the: Oline and Secondary.
Good points Brandonb. I didn't even think of the point of consistency. It's not like Hasslett has been so horrible that he really deserves to be fired. People just have to take 2010 out of the equation our whole team was in disaray that year.

2011 we were pretty solid but needed to improve, and I'm not sure we made any upgrades to our D in the offseason because everything was focused on getting upgrades on offense, especially at playmaking positions. They handed Hasslett basically the same exact D personel that he had in 2011 and I think we were going to be better till our major injuries of Rak and Hasslett.

Consistency is the key to winning championships! I think keeping the same coaching staff is something we should do. I'm for keeping Hasslett.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kerrdawg


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 854
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I question the accuracy of this account. I remember seeing during the game, what looked like Haslett having an issue with his headset. I wonder if Morris was actually calling the plays in to Fletcher because of a technical malfunction.
_________________
You play to win the game! -Herm Edwards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 65466
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerrdawg wrote:
I question the accuracy of this account. I remember seeing during the game, what looked like Haslett having an issue with his headset. I wonder if Morris was actually calling the plays in to Fletcher because of a technical malfunction.
That's probably it. Great observation
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 7107
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 3 and we already got drama? Laughing

Is it too early to start chanting for Kirk Cousins?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 65466
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Week 3 and we already got drama? Laughing

Is it too early to start chanting for Kirk Cousins?
Yes...
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redskins24-7


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 15013
Location: North Beach, MD
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Week 3 and we already got drama? Laughing

Is it too early to start chanting for Kirk Cousins?
Yes...


He's being sarcastic, turtle. I really, really hope you realize that. Laughing
_________________
RIP SuperSkinFan
AAR:
Roy Helu, Jr: 33 carries, 169 yards, 1 TD; 34 catches, 375 yards, 1 TD
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 60 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 10 catches, 47 yards... and a fumble
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 65466
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Week 3 and we already got drama? Laughing

Is it too early to start chanting for Kirk Cousins?
Yes...


He's being sarcastic, turtle. I really, really hope you realize that. Laughing
Yes I do. That's why he put the Laughing
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 15353
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
I disagree. Haslett had no other options but to come here, that should tell you all you need to know. His defense is not working, all you have to do is slow down the pass rush and it completely destroys his game plan. Raheem Morris was considered one of the top assistants in the league under Jon Grudan, many saw him as a future head coach in this league however Tampa Bay threw him in to a terrible rebuild situation and refused to spend any money. Haslett is a goner, there was no other reason Morris would've came here. Kyle Shanahan and Raheem Morris are more than likely the future of this team.


Pretty much spot on.

Haslett should stay for the rest of the season to help prepare the defense throughout the week, and his experience as a D.Coordinator and Head Coach are very valuable for a young team. At the same time, the attraction of Morris is that he is young and energetic - he can bring an attitude to the defensive side that has been lacking since Gregg left.


I agree, however I thought I heard on ESPN980 at 4pm today that Has and Danny Smith were working on...

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS!!!

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Redskins24-7


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 15013
Location: North Beach, MD
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
I agree, however I thought I heard on ESPN980 at 4pm today that Has and Danny Smith were working on...

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS!!!

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall


For the love of... please tell me you're kidding, Thai. Please. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
_________________
RIP SuperSkinFan
AAR:
Roy Helu, Jr: 33 carries, 169 yards, 1 TD; 34 catches, 375 yards, 1 TD
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 60 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 10 catches, 47 yards... and a fumble
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4527
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
I agree, however I thought I heard on ESPN980 at 4pm today that Has and Danny Smith were working on...

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS!!!

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall


For the love of... please tell me you're kidding, Thai. Please. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

They just signed extensions this summer. Thst must be what they were talking about.
http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-give-contract-extensions-to-coaches-jim-haslett-danny-smith/2012/09/19/e4a8a3b6-02a0-11e2-9132-f2750cd65f97_blog.html?wprss=rss_football-insider
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 15353
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
I agree, however I thought I heard on ESPN980 at 4pm today that Has and Danny Smith were working on...

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS!!!

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall


For the love of... please tell me you're kidding, Thai. Please. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

They just signed extensions this summer. Thst must be what they were talking about.
http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-give-contract-extensions-to-coaches-jim-haslett-danny-smith/2012/09/19/e4a8a3b6-02a0-11e2-9132-f2750cd65f97_blog.html?wprss=rss_football-insider


Ok, whew. Because I was cursing so much I woke the baby up from in the backseat (in her carseat). She was not pleased with Daddy this afternoon. And all because I thought they were getting contract extensions after last Sunday.
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 4313
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I herd Haslett got enxtended per roto. I mean it might mean nothing but I hope this guy is out next year. Why not just get it over with now and start Morris.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 65466
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they are retainEd, definitely Hasslett. He is the one who installed the defense that Mike Shanahan wanted. I would like to see continuity and consistency in our coaching staff. Continuity is especially good for our young players and developing players in our scheme, that is key to building a successful organization, program and team that is good for the future, not just the present. I hope they are kept, well at least Hasslett.

I really don't care either way with Danny Smith.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 65466
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
I herd Haslett got enxtended per roto. I mean it might mean nothing but I hope this guy is out next year. Why not just get it over with now and start Morris.
Because it is never a good idea to replace a coach in the middle of a season. Things get worse, not better when that is done.

Also, I have to wonder at this point how much Morris knows about a 3-4 D. He has been learning about it this year and Hasslett is an expert in the 3-4, yet we want to make that move now?

That would be a horrible decision to make at the moment
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
brandonb2005


Joined: 13 Dec 2007
Posts: 503
Location: Clinton
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
I herd Haslett got enxtended per roto. I mean it might mean nothing but I hope this guy is out next year. Why not just get it over with now and start Morris.
Because it is never a good idea to replace a coach in the middle of a season. Things get worse, not better when that is done.

Also, I have to wonder at this point how much Morris knows about a 3-4 D. He has been learning about it this year and Hasslett is an expert in the 3-4, yet we want to make that move now?

That would be a horrible decision to make at the moment


Agreed, when things go wrong us as fans want ppl's jobs Laughing. Winning doesn't work that way! look at all of the teams that are consistent winners in this league. Like I said it starts and ends with consistency, and building from within. This is Raheem's 1st year on the staff, their is no way he can take over now and the defense has a shot at being top 10/5, that's asking a lot of a position coach.

I am actually a fan of Haslett because while this coaching staff has been here they have turned the roster over and finally have the players for their scheme. Like turtle said, this is the same exact D from last year with the exception of the safety's. Everyone knows we need upgrades at CB and S, the salary cap reduction really halted us from going out and getting upgrades. I believe the D will tighten up this year as it always does, especially when the real refs come back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group