Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Haslett in Trouble? Raheem Morris Called 4Q Plays vs. Rams
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 7954
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Haslett in Trouble? Raheem Morris Called 4Q Plays vs. Rams Reply with quote

http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/9/19/3356874/source-raheem-morris-called-the-defensive-plays-in-the-fourth-quarter#storyjump


This is very disturbing news. The one consistant thing through Shanahan's rebuilding effort has been the coaching staff. If anyone's job should be on the line it should be Danny Smith IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BuckleyBoy


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 8844
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Shanahan didn't want Jim Haslett, he wanted Mike Zimmer. When he couldn't get Zimmer he basically fell back to Haslett. Jim has been on a short leash and Raheem was basically brought in as the heir apparent to Jim
_________________


kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3971
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, shades of bringing in a play caller for Jim Zorn.. this is a NOT a good sign.. If they are going to do it -- do it now ,, Axe Haslett and promote Morris .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4467
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this,mean a 43? Shocked
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BuckleyBoy


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 8844
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Could this,mean a 43? Shocked


No, just no. The 3-4 is here to stay. The plan all this time was for Raheem to learn the 3-4 and take over for Haslett at the end of the year unless Haslett had a great year(which was unlikely)
_________________


kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64630
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that many players are denying this took place, of course they could be covering up for the team. Who knows...

Obviously, it didn't matter who called the plays for the defense last sunday. The defense stunk to high heavens and it's funny they would turn to Morris to call plays (if that is in fact true) because Morris' unit sucks the most!! Rolling Eyes Laughing
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64630
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Could this,mean a 43? Shocked


No, just no. The 3-4 is here to stay. The plan all this time was for Raheem to learn the 3-4 and take over for Haslett at the end of the year unless Haslett had a great year(which was unlikely)
If we had better talent in the secondary and Orakpo and Carriker had stayed healthy, I think Hasslett and the D would have had a great year. There was a definitely a chance Hasslett would have gotten this D from 31st in 2010 to top 5 this year. The fact that we mostly ignored the secondary by just temorarily patching a few holes so we could spend most of our $ on WRs isn't Hasslett's fault.

IMO Morris isn't some great coach, I don't think he's an upgrade over Hasslett. The Bucs look a whole lot better on both sides of the ball since he's gone and our secondary looked worse with him coaching it this year than it had last year.

I like Hasslett and I think he's a good and well respected D coordinator in the league. I think getting rid of him would be a mistake.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4467
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Could this,mean a 43? Shocked


No, just no. The 3-4 is here to stay. The plan all this time was for Raheem to learn the 3-4 and take over for Haslett at the end of the year unless Haslett had a great year(which was unlikely)
If we had better talent in the secondary and Orakpo and Carriker had stayed healthy, I think Hasslett and the D would have had a great year. There was a definitely a chance Hasslett would have gotten this D from 31st in 2010 to top 5 this year. The fact that we mostly ignored the secondary by just temorarily patching a few holes so we could spend most of our $ on WRs isn't Hasslett's fault.

IMO Morris isn't some great coach, I don't think he's an upgrade over Hasslett. The Bucs look a whole lot better on both sides of the ball since he's gone and our secondary looked worse with him coaching it this year than it had last year.

I like Hasslett and I think he's a good and well respected D coordinator in the league. I think getting rid of him would be a mistake.

I agree,im a Haslett supporter! Cool
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 5668
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Could this,mean a 43? Shocked


No, just no. The 3-4 is here to stay. The plan all this time was for Raheem to learn the 3-4 and take over for Haslett at the end of the year unless Haslett had a great year(which was unlikely)
If we had better talent in the secondary and Orakpo and Carriker had stayed healthy, I think Hasslett and the D would have had a great year. There was a definitely a chance Hasslett would have gotten this D from 31st in 2010 to top 5 this year. The fact that we mostly ignored the secondary by just temorarily patching a few holes so we could spend most of our $ on WRs isn't Hasslett's fault.

IMO Morris isn't some great coach, I don't think he's an upgrade over Hasslett. The Bucs look a whole lot better on both sides of the ball since he's gone and our secondary looked worse with him coaching it this year than it had last year.

I like Hasslett and I think he's a good and well respected D coordinator in the league. I think getting rid of him would be a mistake.


I disagree. Haslett had no other options but to come here, that should tell you all you need to know. His defense is not working, all you have to do is slow down the pass rush and it completely destroys his game plan. Raheem Morris was considered one of the top assistants in the league under Jon Grudan, many saw him as a future head coach in this league however Tampa Bay threw him in to a terrible rebuild situation and refused to spend any money. Haslett is a goner, there was no other reason Morris would've came here. Kyle Shanahan and Raheem Morris are more than likely the future of this team.
_________________
RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64630
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Could this,mean a 43? Shocked


No, just no. The 3-4 is here to stay. The plan all this time was for Raheem to learn the 3-4 and take over for Haslett at the end of the year unless Haslett had a great year(which was unlikely)
If we had better talent in the secondary and Orakpo and Carriker had stayed healthy, I think Hasslett and the D would have had a great year. There was a definitely a chance Hasslett would have gotten this D from 31st in 2010 to top 5 this year. The fact that we mostly ignored the secondary by just temorarily patching a few holes so we could spend most of our $ on WRs isn't Hasslett's fault.

IMO Morris isn't some great coach, I don't think he's an upgrade over Hasslett. The Bucs look a whole lot better on both sides of the ball since he's gone and our secondary looked worse with him coaching it this year than it had last year.

I like Hasslett and I think he's a good and well respected D coordinator in the league. I think getting rid of him would be a mistake.


I disagree. Haslett had no other options but to come here, that should tell you all you need to know. His defense is not working, all you have to do is slow down the pass rush and it completely destroys his game plan. Raheem Morris was considered one of the top assistants in the league under Jon Grudan, many saw him as a future head coach in this league however Tampa Bay threw him in to a terrible rebuild situation and refused to spend any money. Haslett is a goner, there was no other reason Morris would've came here. Kyle Shanahan and Raheem Morris are more than likely the future of this team.
Raheem didn't have too many other options either and that's why he took a positions coach job.

Did any one even want him for a defensive coordinator job? I can't remember.

yeah, at one time he was thought of as a highly sought after assistant but that was 4 years ago.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 5668
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Could this,mean a 43? Shocked


No, just no. The 3-4 is here to stay. The plan all this time was for Raheem to learn the 3-4 and take over for Haslett at the end of the year unless Haslett had a great year(which was unlikely)
If we had better talent in the secondary and Orakpo and Carriker had stayed healthy, I think Hasslett and the D would have had a great year. There was a definitely a chance Hasslett would have gotten this D from 31st in 2010 to top 5 this year. The fact that we mostly ignored the secondary by just temorarily patching a few holes so we could spend most of our $ on WRs isn't Hasslett's fault.

IMO Morris isn't some great coach, I don't think he's an upgrade over Hasslett. The Bucs look a whole lot better on both sides of the ball since he's gone and our secondary looked worse with him coaching it this year than it had last year.

I like Hasslett and I think he's a good and well respected D coordinator in the league. I think getting rid of him would be a mistake.


I disagree. Haslett had no other options but to come here, that should tell you all you need to know. His defense is not working, all you have to do is slow down the pass rush and it completely destroys his game plan. Raheem Morris was considered one of the top assistants in the league under Jon Grudan, many saw him as a future head coach in this league however Tampa Bay threw him in to a terrible rebuild situation and refused to spend any money. Haslett is a goner, there was no other reason Morris would've came here. Kyle Shanahan and Raheem Morris are more than likely the future of this team.
Raheem didn't have too many other options either and that's why he took a positions coach job.

Did any one even want him for a defensive coordinator job? I can't remember.

yeah, at one time he was thought of as a highly sought after assistant but that was 4 years ago.


The Vikings. He's still sought after, as many inside the league believe he was put in a terrible situation with the Bucs. Haslett has been a proven failure in this league, give Raheem a shot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/raheem-morris-turned-down-vikings-defensive-coordinator-job/2012/01/26/gIQAzWZ0SQ_blog.html
_________________
RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 3969
Location: USA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:

The Vikings. He's still sought after, as many inside the league believe he was put in a terrible situation with the Bucs. Haslett has been a proven failure in this league, give Raheem a shot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/raheem-morris-turned-down-vikings-defensive-coordinator-job/2012/01/26/gIQAzWZ0SQ_blog.html


Thanks lavar I was going to mention the Vikings offering a Dcoordinator job before he took our job.

We talked about this back then thinking that Haslett would land a HC job somewhere and Raheem would get the D coord job, but I don't remember talking about Haslett getting fired. I'm leaning towards Haslett kinda sucks even though I supported him heavy in the past. Mainly because he didn't have the players, and I thought we should give him a chance once they are in place.
He doesn't have much to work with in the secondary, but he has gotten decent results out of the line and LBers. But that is where our talent lies, so it should be expected.

But he has called some Very Dubious plays while here too, and that may be what gets him canned

Anyway totally agree that the plan is for Kyle and Raheem to run the show after the 5-year plan is up. Maybe sooner than that for Raheem, but they didn't bring him here to remain a DB coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64630
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Could this,mean a 43? Shocked


No, just no. The 3-4 is here to stay. The plan all this time was for Raheem to learn the 3-4 and take over for Haslett at the end of the year unless Haslett had a great year(which was unlikely)
If we had better talent in the secondary and Orakpo and Carriker had stayed healthy, I think Hasslett and the D would have had a great year. There was a definitely a chance Hasslett would have gotten this D from 31st in 2010 to top 5 this year. The fact that we mostly ignored the secondary by just temorarily patching a few holes so we could spend most of our $ on WRs isn't Hasslett's fault.

IMO Morris isn't some great coach, I don't think he's an upgrade over Hasslett. The Bucs look a whole lot better on both sides of the ball since he's gone and our secondary looked worse with him coaching it this year than it had last year.

I like Hasslett and I think he's a good and well respected D coordinator in the league. I think getting rid of him would be a mistake.


I disagree. Haslett had no other options but to come here, that should tell you all you need to know. His defense is not working, all you have to do is slow down the pass rush and it completely destroys his game plan. Raheem Morris was considered one of the top assistants in the league under Jon Grudan, many saw him as a future head coach in this league however Tampa Bay threw him in to a terrible rebuild situation and refused to spend any money. Haslett is a goner, there was no other reason Morris would've came here. Kyle Shanahan and Raheem Morris are more than likely the future of this team.
Raheem didn't have too many other options either and that's why he took a positions coach job.

Did any one even want him for a defensive coordinator job? I can't remember.

yeah, at one time he was thought of as a highly sought after assistant but that was 4 years ago.


The Vikings. He's still sought after, as many inside the league believe he was put in a terrible situation with the Bucs. Haslett has been a proven failure in this league, give Raheem a shot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/raheem-morris-turned-down-vikings-defensive-coordinator-job/2012/01/26/gIQAzWZ0SQ_blog.html
I'm more of a fan of Hasslett than Morris. To be truthful, neither one of them were too successful as head coaches. My problem is I see Hasslett getting a raw deal hear given the talent he hasn't been given to succeed on the back end of his defense.

As far as giving Morris a chance in the future if this defense doesn't remain at least average (even with our injuries), I'm not opposed to it, but I still think Hasslett is getting a raw deal here if we are a top 15 D and two of our top 7 players on defense are out for the year.

One good thing about Morris is that he's young and as you said he and Kyle have coached together before, so that could be a good thing for our future and them growing together as coaches on this team could be good for our future also.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG


Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
brandonb2005


Joined: 13 Dec 2007
Posts: 502
Location: Clinton
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Could this,mean a 43? Shocked


No, just no. The 3-4 is here to stay. The plan all this time was for Raheem to learn the 3-4 and take over for Haslett at the end of the year unless Haslett had a great year(which was unlikely)
If we had better talent in the secondary and Orakpo and Carriker had stayed healthy, I think Hasslett and the D would have had a great year. There was a definitely a chance Hasslett would have gotten this D from 31st in 2010 to top 5 this year. The fact that we mostly ignored the secondary by just temorarily patching a few holes so we could spend most of our $ on WRs isn't Hasslett's fault.

IMO Morris isn't some great coach, I don't think he's an upgrade over Hasslett. The Bucs look a whole lot better on both sides of the ball since he's gone and our secondary looked worse with him coaching it this year than it had last year.

I like Hasslett and I think he's a good and well respected D coordinator in the league. I think getting rid of him would be a mistake.


I disagree. Haslett had no other options but to come here, that should tell you all you need to know. His defense is not working, all you have to do is slow down the pass rush and it completely destroys his game plan. Raheem Morris was considered one of the top assistants in the league under Jon Grudan, many saw him as a future head coach in this league however Tampa Bay threw him in to a terrible rebuild situation and refused to spend any money. Haslett is a goner, there was no other reason Morris would've came here. Kyle Shanahan and Raheem Morris are more than likely the future of this team.
Raheem didn't have too many other options either and that's why he took a positions coach job.

Did any one even want him for a defensive coordinator job? I can't remember.

yeah, at one time he was thought of as a highly sought after assistant but that was 4 years ago.


The Vikings. He's still sought after, as many inside the league believe he was put in a terrible situation with the Bucs. Haslett has been a proven failure in this league, give Raheem a shot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/raheem-morris-turned-down-vikings-defensive-coordinator-job/2012/01/26/gIQAzWZ0SQ_blog.html


Consistency wins championships!!

It's no need to fire your DC coordinator or make a switch in after just two weeks of football. It wont make any sense to switch to Morris when like said earlier the secondary is in fact the problem. Against the Saints we looked good as a unit. Against the Rams we looked horrible because we sat back in a soft zone and treated Bradford/Amendola like they were Brady and Welker. If that was Hasselts plan, then he should take the heat for that.

Haslett has done a pretty good job and made vast improvements from when he took over the D. Add in the fact that Merriweather still hasn't played Tanard Jackson (was going to be apart of the 3 safety look) didnt pan out for us. You can only play the cards you are dealt, maybe he knows the secondary is the weakness and he was depending on the front 7 to get pressure while they sat in zone's last week.

Long story short, we can sit here and point the finger all day...but if any change is going to be made. It needs to take place at the end of the year and its needs to be somebody internal, so we can continue the continuity with our scheme instead of starting over again.

Next year draft and Free Agency need to be dedicated solely to the: Oline and Secondary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11410
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I disagree. Haslett had no other options but to come here, that should tell you all you need to know. His defense is not working, all you have to do is slow down the pass rush and it completely destroys his game plan. Raheem Morris was considered one of the top assistants in the league under Jon Grudan, many saw him as a future head coach in this league however Tampa Bay threw him in to a terrible rebuild situation and refused to spend any money. Haslett is a goner, there was no other reason Morris would've came here. Kyle Shanahan and Raheem Morris are more than likely the future of this team.


Pretty much spot on.

Haslett should stay for the rest of the season to help prepare the defense throughout the week, and his experience as a D.Coordinator and Head Coach are very valuable for a young team. At the same time, the attraction of Morris is that he is young and energetic - he can bring an attitude to the defensive side that has been lacking since Gregg left.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group