Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How many Browns' games do you typically attend?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many games do you attend in person?
Pretty much every game (season ticket holder)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Half or more of the games
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1-3 games a year
44%
 44%  [ 11 ]
Once every few years or so
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]
Never been to a game
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 25

DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Every damn game since 2003

Well, i missed one game for my moms wedding in Vegas. We lost to San Diego in the snow.

lol

If it weren't for tailgaiting and beer, I may not have had the strength to go on.

I'd like to be one of those crotchety old men who hasn't missed a game in 40 years that yells at the young whipper snappers about pulling their pants up. Laughing

I literally plan vacations around the home games. I had to push back our Florida golf trip this year due to the Bengals game in October.

My family hates it so much.

I am embracing that roll LMAO!!!!!!!
I think I'm going to be a 2nd generation crotchety old man LOL

I've been to at least one game every year since I moved from SC to MD (1999)...but I stopped going in 2010......the game on Dec 12, 2010 I was in Buffalo for that game......and it was the last time I talked to Pop's DaWg_L.b., I was in the luxury box with my homegirl who works for a law firm and would get tickets for me......we had a good conversation and the next morning my brother called me before my flight back to BWI....and told me that Pop's had passed away last night...so I changed my flight from MD to SC and.......wait this getting long LOL.....shake off the bad memories....

but I say all that to say this....since my last conversation with my Father while he was alive, was at the last Browns game I attended....I havent been able to go back to one since......I know its weird......but *shrug* it is what it is....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Pruitt3443

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prior to the Browns leaving I used to go to about 2 games every year with my family but since the return, my one daughter has gone to one game and I went to another and both were terrible experiences. I may just be getting old but the stadium experience really seems to have changed over the past decade or so.

My oldest daughter had always wanted to go to a Browns game and unfortunately the one she went to was the Jacksonville
debacle in 2001 where she was hit in the head with a battery by so-called fans.

I did not get to a game myself until a Steeler game about 8 years ago and that is not an experience I care to ever have again.

I would say the majority of the folks around me were too drunk and/or stupid to have any idea what was going on throughout the game other than insulting Steeler fans (who in some cases were just as bad), this including throwing stuff at a couple of female Steeler fans throughout the game until security ended up removing several Browns supporters and finally moving the women to another location.

While I can appreciate tailgating and the fun people can have doing it, I fail to see the attraction of using the football game as an excuse just to get drunk to the extent you become obnoxious and foolish, which unfortunately seems to be the norm now.

I am thinking it unlikely I will attaned another game at this point as I just do not need the aggravation, and I can probably see more of the game from my couch.
pmk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try and make it to at least one game a year. This year I'm lucky because they are playing the Giants so I'll get to see two. Going to the Bills game this weekend because 2 of my roomates at Case were from buffalo. Hopefully they can grab a win to get back to .500 when I'm in the stands.

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always go to at least one home game in October

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
fatpig

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually my family all gets together for 1 game a year (chiefs or redskins this year, i forget which one), then i go to 1 or 2 more with friends. hoping to score some tickets to the game this weekend actually, banking on tickets going down in price the day before the game.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmk wrote:
I try and make it to at least one game a year. This year I'm lucky because they are playing the Giants so I'll get to see two. Going to the Bills game this weekend because 2 of my roomates at Case were from buffalo. Hopefully they can grab a win to get back to .500 when I'm in the stands.

Where ya sitting dude?

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, I left Ohio shortly after the Browns did. I will however be going to my first NFL game next Thursday, in Harm City to watch the Browns@ Ravens TNF game.
pmk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
pmk wrote:

Where ya sitting dude?
Not sure, my friends got tickets on stub hub for us. They didn't want to sit in the dog pound ( Sad ) after getting abused the whole game a few years ago so I think we're in one of the upper tiers on the side. I'll update once I get to Cleveland on Saturday.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to my first Browns game in 1959. In 1964, I was there when Collins scored 3 times against the highly favored Colts to win Championship. In the 70's, 80's and 90's, I would go to one game a year when I visited OH at Xmas. With the Return of the Browns in 1999, I saw a game but lost faith in ownership and Policy and Davis. When Holmgren was hired, I started attending again once a year during Thanksgiving or Xmas.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmk wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
pmk wrote:

Where ya sitting dude?
Not sure, my friends got tickets on stub hub for us. They didn't want to sit in the dog pound ( Sad ) after getting abused the whole game a few years ago so I think we're in one of the upper tiers on the side. I'll update once I get to Cleveland on Saturday.

Let me know if you're near 515. Hit me up with a PM.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
BrownsDynasty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been to Cleveland, I'm a born and raised Virginian. Hope to catch a game at Cleveland Browns stadium sometime in my lifetime.

I've been to two Browns games at Baltimore though. Not sure if that counts.

Props to Beef80 on the sig
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownsDynasty wrote:
Never been to Cleveland, I'm a born and raised Virginian. Hope to catch a game at Cleveland Browns stadium sometime in my lifetime.

How rough is it for us there?
BrownsDynasty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
BrownsDynasty wrote:

How rough is it for us there?

It's honestly not too bad. Some light heckling but 99.9% of the fans were respectful, both times.

Probably helps that we lost both games, but generally if you don't act like a jerk people will treat you with respect.

Props to Beef80 on the sig
Marky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

havent missed a game since 2007 Cool

we have 4 season tickets, my dad and i go to every game, while the other two we fill in with my brother, girlfriends, and friends.

XBL-theUrbanator69
Student @ smww.com
Twitter: @draft4mark
captin midnight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only been to one game and it was down in Cincinasty. were a good amount of Browns fans but I sat by the worst Bungals fans. It was like sitting next to your mother-in-laws, just complain and moan...

I plan on making my first trip to the 440 this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: