Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Injury updates
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Injury updates Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/09/live-week-1-redskins-at-saints/?hpid=z2?wpisrc=al_sports#liveblog-entry-806

1. Pierre Garcon's foot injury:

Quote:
“The top of his foot was bothering him. He couldn’t come in. The X-rays were negative so that’s a positive, but he was sore enough not to come back, which is disappointing because that was a heck of a catch and a heck of a run that he made.”

2. Nick Sundberg breaks his arm, finishes the game

Quote:
“The one thing that was amazing to me that I hadn’t had happen was Nick Sundberg broke his arm. When we snapped the football and got the punt blocked right before the half, he broke his left arm and he still finished the game snapping. … There’s not a lot of guys that can snap with a broken arm. That showed you what type of warrior he was today.”

3. Jordan Bernstine has a knee injury and its very serious. I hate to see that for a rookie in is 1st game. With Meriweather still out, expect us to sign a safety next week for depth. I wsh it would be Tanard Jackson but he's still suspended
Crying or Very sad

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Injury updates Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/09/live-week-1-redskins-at-saints/?hpid=z2?wpisrc=al_sports#liveblog-entry-806

2. Nick Sundberg breaks his arm, finishes the game

Quote:
“The one thing that was amazing to me that I hadn’t had happen was Nick Sundberg broke his arm. When we snapped the football and got the punt blocked right before the half, he broke his left arm and he still finished the game snapping. … There’s not a lot of guys that can snap with a broken arm. That showed you what type of warrior he was today.”

Hmm, I guess I'll have to give Sundberg a bit of a break (oof, sorry, unintentional pun) on that missed block that allowed the touchdown then. However, only a small pass; if he had broken his right arm, he probably wouldn't have allowed the TD then.

I guess we're going to try out long snappers on Monday?
MikeT14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting reports that it wasn't Sundberg's man. He saw the guy coming free and was late to react thus throwing his arm out there trying to stop him.

- mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
I'm getting reports that it wasn't Sundberg's man. He saw the guy coming free and was late to react thus throwing his arm out there trying to stop him.
Bmitch said it was Chris Wilson's man and Martez Wilson blocked the kick. Yeah, the same Martez Wilson we gave up in our trade with the saints for Jamaal Brown. Karma's a *itch

Oh well, we still won.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/10/safety-jordan-bernstine-lost-for-season-redskins-add-free-agent-jordan-pugh/

Quote:
Redskins rookie Jordan Bernstine tore his the  ACL, MCL and PCL in his right knee during kickoff coverage late in Sunday’s game.

We signed safety Jordan Pugh, a third-year pro out of Texas A&M.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5954/jordan-pugh

Quote:
Redskins signed FS Jordan Pugh.

Pugh broke the news on his Twitter account. A 2010 sixth-round pick, Pugh appeared in 27 games for the Panthers the past two seasons, notching 31 tackles and one pick. Pugh should take Jordan Bernstine's (knee, injured reserve) place on special teams and as a reserve safety. Sep 10 - 4:36 PM

THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/10/safety-jordan-bernstine-lost-for-season-redskins-add-free-agent-jordan-pugh/

Quote:
Redskins rookie Jordan Bernstine tore his the  ACL, MCL and PCL in his right knee during kickoff coverage late in Sunday’s game.

Quote:

Pugh broke the news on his Twitter account. A 2010 sixth-round pick, Pugh appeared in 27 games for the Panthers the past two seasons, notching 31 tackles and one pick. Pugh should take Jordan Bernstine's (knee, injured reserve) place on special teams and as a reserve safety. Sep 10 - 4:36 PM

Meh,I wanna see Gomes and Meriweather as our S tandem.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

he's only here because Meriweather is still hurt.

I don't envision Madieu Williams losing his job. He makes all the defensive calls for the secondary we need him back there. He played pretty well minus a few plays.

THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't envision Madieu Williams losing his job. He makes all the defensive calls for the secondary we need him back there. He played pretty well minus a few plays.

In thay case...saftey is not a weakness anymore,you can almost say we are set at safety. Very Happy

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Pugh broke the news on his Twitter account. A 2010 sixth-round pick, Pugh
appeared in 27 games for the Panthers the past two seasons, notching 31 tackles and one pick. Pugh should take Jordan Bernstine's (knee, injured reserve) place on special teams and as a reserve safety. Sep 10 - 4:36 PM

In thay case...saftey is not a weakness anymore,you can almost say we are set at safety. Very Happy
nah. It's still one of the weakest positions on the team. Our talent level is low there. I'd never say we are set at a position unless you think the player can be there and start for a 5-10 years.

So, maybe, maybe were set at SS with Gomes for our future but not FS beyond this season. FS to me is a round 2 or 3 need depending on if they have the RT position, cb position or FS position player rated higher when we select.

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

nah. It's still one of the weakest positions on te team. Our talent level is low there. I'd never say we are set at a position unless you think the player can be there and start for a decade.

Im optimistic about Gomes and Meriweather. Add a rookie next year to develop=set

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO

Qb- set
RB- set
Fb- set
Wr- set
Te- ??
LT- set
Lg- ??
C- ??
Rg- ??
RT- ??

Rde- set
Nt- set
LDE- set

Rolb- set
Rilb- ??
Lilb- set
Lolb- set

Rcb- set
Lcb- ??
SS- ??
FS- ??

K- ??
P- ??

As far as our future goes like 5 years from now I'm not sure if we are set in the ?? Positions but we are definitely getting there and have a few prospects developing who could be answers at most of the ? Positions but FS, K and P

THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
IMO

Qb- set
RB- set
Fb- set
Wr- set
Te- ??
LT- set
Lg- ??
C- ??
Rg- ??
RT- ??

Rde- set
Nt-set
LDE- set

Rolb- set
Rilb- ??
Lilb- set
Lolb- set

Rcb- set
Lcb- ??
SS- ??
FS- ??

K- ??
P- ??

As far as our future goes like 5 years from now I'm not sure if we are set in the ?? Positions but we are definitely getting there and have a few prospects developing who could be answers at most of the ? Positions but FS, K and P

Id say we're set at TE. Paulsen came through with a big catch yesterday as,well as blocking like a champ.

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking more of Davis and his ?? On coming back after this year. And we don't know if Paul will work out with the switch. That's still a project IMO

jsnydes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for a Sunday morning Pierre update. What's the gut feeling. I'm debating starting him or Nicks.

TommyC376^^^
footy_29

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
I'm looking for a Sunday morning Pierre update. What's the gut feeling. I'm debating starting him or Nicks.

Start Hicks, do not even think twice about it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: