Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RG3 Stat Tracker(After Giants) PG.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RG3peat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kid is just pure football. Tougher than most think, and I liked how in some of the handoffs against the Bucs he began to throw his hands in the air to not take unnecessary hits.

Anybody with me thinking if he keeps this up he could not only be a ROY candidate but MVP?
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3peat wrote:
The kid is just pure football. Tougher than most think, and I liked how in some of the handoffs against the Bucs he began to throw his hands in the air to not take unnecessary hits.

Anybody with me thinking if he keeps this up he could not only be a ROY candidate but MVP?

Definitely ROTY but as,of now Ryan would be mvp,imo. Welcome to the forum man. Great to have you!

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated....

mike23md on the sig
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was an interesting stat: RGIII leads in the NFL in PFF's "accuracy percentage" stat, which takes completion percentage but subtracts throw aways, spiked balls, batted passes, and attempts where the QB is being hit as he throws. He is at 82% when excluding those type of plays.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/12/signature-stats-snapshot-accuracy-percentage-2/
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish he had 20 more passing yards a game and 20 less rushing yards. That still bothers me for his long term career

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I wish he had 20 more passing yards a game and 20 less rushing yards. That still bothers me for his long term career

Well he had less than 50 rushing yards in,the last 2 games combine,so hes on the right track. Wink

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Well he had less than 50 rushing yards in,the last 2 games combine,so hes on the right track. Wink
That's good. I don't mind the scrambling rushing yards because protection breaks down, but the called running plays has got to be limited and folks have said they have been. That's good

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

That's good. I don't mind the scrambling rushing yards because protection breaks down, but the called running plays has got to be limited and folks have said they have been. That's good

Do you purchase a Maserati and then complain that it isn't a Bentley? Griffin is who he is; his athleticism is part of his game. It makes him Robert Griffin III. No, it isn't his only part, but it is a big part. To keep him solely in the pocket is to take away one his strengths and something that keep defensive coordinators up at night.

Do I fear he'll get seriously hurt on a run play? Yes. However, it's part of who he is as a QB. We knew that going in.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Do you purchase a Maserati and then complain that it isn't a Bentley? Griffin is who he is; his athleticism is part of his game. It makes him Robert Griffin III. No, it isn't his only part, but it is a big part. To keep him solely in the pocket is to take away one his strengths and something that keep defensive coordinators up at night.

Do I fear he'll get seriously hurt on a run play? Yes. However, it's part of who he is as a QB. We knew that going in.

I'm starting to agree with this more. I think we can run him without getting him killed. And we need to run him as well. Remember folks, he's a passer who is also deadly with his legs.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes he man. 11 tds,2 picks,1,722 AP,yards Cool

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Hes he man. 11 tds,2 picks,1,722 AP,yards Cool
Wow! He's on pace for 30 tds, only 5 ints and near 5,000 yds! Shocked

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I'm starting to agree with this more. I think we can run him without getting him killed. And we need to run him as well. Remember folks, he's a passer who is also deadly with his legs.

Interesting? point...
The 76 yard draw run that RG3 just shredded...
Kyle called that play, and RG3 credited Kyle in the post-game...
As much hate as he gets for his play-calling, it will improve once the talent is there to execute the plays
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Interesting? point...
As much hate as he gets for his play-calling, it will improve once the talent is there to execute the plays
yeah, I'd say his playcalling looks better because the players are executing them Wink Laughing

One of my problems last year was Kyle's faith in Rex. I could never get over it, especially when out rbs were productive when given the ball consistently

DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
Interesting? point...
yeah, I'd say his playcalling looks better because the players are executing them Wink Laughing

One of my problems last year was Kyle's faith in Rex. I could never get over it, especially when out rbs were productive when given the ball consistently

I know what you mean. But you see my point. You can call any play you want and if your players suck it will look bad. Yes, one of Kyle's faults is trusting his players to execute the way they do in practice lol. If you remember, Santana Moss called Rex "the man" because of what he did in practice. It wasn't just Kyle you need to be mad at. Practice just couldn't translate to the field on Gameday. But the whole team had faith in Rex.

And Shanahan thought so much of the RB's you wanted to see playing more that he went out and drafted one in the 6th round and started HIM this year. Morris was even getting the nod Before Helu and Royster got hurt.

Good coaches need good players and vice versa. We are getting close to that combination we need for everyone to shine.
rizzy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
Interesting? point...

I know what you mean. But you see my point. You can call any play you want and if your players suck it will look bad. Yes, one of Kyle's faults is trusting his players to execute the way they do in practice lol. If you remember, Santana Moss called Rex "the man" because of what he did in practice. It wasn't just Kyle you need to be mad at. Practice just couldn't translate to the field on Gameday. But the whole team had faith in Rex.

And Shanahan thought so much of the RB's you wanted to see playing more that he went out and drafted one in the 6th round and started HIM this year. Morris was even getting the nod Before Helu and Royster got hurt.

Good coaches need good players and vice versa. We are getting close to that combination we need for everyone to shine.

I mean what did you expect tana to say "This guy is about average" I am sure that will get him a ton of passes.
NHL-Capitals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: