Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT- Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) vs Arizona Cardinals (3-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Mix some DRC in.

It's just not smart to leave a rookie and Safeties on Fitz.

Give me an example of a fully functional defense where you can completely remove a player's responsibilities from the defensive backfield.

Come on RBC, just because the salty nancies throw around insane theories it doesn't mean you have to please them by adopting it Wink

Just imagine how stupid our defense would get if we shadowed a specific player and he kept motioning.

Fine, include DRC.

DRC playing on one side of the field. Nnamdi on the other. Arizona comes out with 3 receivers. Fitz lines up in the slot, where Boykin is.

Nnamdi and Boykin switch spots. This sounds stupid even typing it.

Fitz motions to the left. Nnamdi follows, leaving a gaping hole where Nnamdi just was, now defenseless, or either the tight end or RB to get a dump off.

Ok, let's imagine that doesn't happen.

Does Nnamdi keep following Fitz? While Nnamdi is running around our defense they quick snap and throw the ball to Fitz on a flat route.

Ok let's imagine that doesn't happen.

Nnamdi follows Fitz, but as you suggested, DRC will take over. Now you're a smart guy, and you know why things just get silly from here.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Mix some DRC in.

The rookie and safeties are 3/5ths of the defensive backfield. It's not smart, but what are you seriously going to do about it?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Mix some DRC in.

The rookie and safeties are 3/5ths of the defensive backfield. It's not smart, but what are you seriously going to do about it?

Kendricks & Boykin is 3/5ths? I think I'm miss understanding something here.

I see what you're saying, and Nnamdi can't cover in the slot like Revis, but Fitz isn't naturel in there either.

Regarding the dump off to RB/TE, wouldn't a LB or Safety just follow over with them and tackle them?

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Mix some DRC in.

Give me an example of a fully functional defense where you can completely remove a player's responsibilities from the defensive backfield.

Jets.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Mark "The Sanchize" Sanchez~
202 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 89.6 Passer Rating
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis is a better at covering the slot though.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Mix some DRC in.

Jets.

In their games they don't do what is being suggested.

Also consider:

m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1345901-breaking-down-what-loss-of-darrelle-revis-means-for-new-york-jets

Quote:
the game against the Steelers provides a bit of a barometer for how opponents could attack the Jets long forward. Roethlisberger got everyone involved, with 10 receivers catching at least 1 pass in the game.

So you're telling me, once Revis is gone the way to beat them is by spreading the ball around?

Revis going 1 v 1 against opposing best receivers every week is a myth.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Mix some DRC in.

Kendricks & Boykin is 3/5ths? I think I'm miss understanding something here.

I see what you're saying, and Nnamdi can't cover in the slot like Revis, but Fitz isn't naturel in there either.

Regarding the dump off to RB/TE, wouldn't a LB or Safety just follow over with them and tackle them?

Sorry phone posting.

2 safeties + 3 corners = 5
2 safeties + Boykin = 3/5

Right?

The offense won't wait for our defense to adjust to the motion. That's the point. Kolb isn't saying "hold up guys, let them replace Nnamdi's gap."

Quick snaps would kill us.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And YES I understand what the Jets do with Revis. But he's a guy who doesn't need safety help over top. Very rare.

Also their defense is made to accommodate for that, as I said in the last page makes it possible.

But even the Jets don't do that ALL THE TIME which is what I am arguing. Sometimes our less talented players will have to step up.
m.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/manding_excellence_7ubOSrLtkgvzPKdg9j0AAI

Ryan talks about it toward bottom, sorry cant copy/paste from phone.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
beachside_eagle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last thought from this game. This was the first time Bryce Brown actually showed something in a game. Hope we can get him 5-7 touches a game. Taken from Vick, not McCoy, obviously.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ryan admitted the Jets have prepared essentially two defensive game plans for the Dolphins: one with Revis and one without. “Having a special player like Darrelle, we ask him to do a lot different things,” Ryan said. “A lot of times we put him one-on-one with a guy on the team’s best receiver and roll coverage away from him. He’s just that kind of guy, so sometimes you’ll see a different type of game plan.”

this Phire?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
beachside_eagle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
beachside_eagle wrote:
I would be even more interested in the difference between our offense now and when Vick first took over and went like 8 weeks without a turnover.

From the naked eye, I think Vick ran more during that opening stint of his as the Eagles' starting QB. Now, he's sitting in the pocket much more, causing indecisiveness and staring down receivers at times (which leads to more fumbles and INTs). The threat of his run, accompanied by a more balanced set of play calls would make our offense better.

Quote:
I really don't think our protection was too bad yesterday

I do. Vick took way too many hits from the pocket/post pass play (13 total) yesterday, and was sacked 5 times (not included in the 13 QB hits).

Yeh, in 2010, Vick was playing more like his Atlanta days. Now he's attempting to be a pocket QB, which just isn't natural to him.

No doubt Vick needs to run to be elite but Vick was far better than his Atlanta days. Everyone (fans and media alike) were gushing over how our coaches fixed Vick's throwing motion. In 2010, Vick was as much a pocket QB as a scrambler. I think defenses figured him out later in the season and he's never been able to adjust his game to it.

At this point, it's more important to be effective than healthy. Bring back the guy that makes electric plays and busts a game open. He'll get hurt standing in the pocket anyway...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96
Page 96 of 96

Jump to: