Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT- Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) vs Arizona Cardinals (3-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
Yesterday's game was terrible.

Duds:

1) Coaching

McCoy didn't even get 20 touches. What a joke. Run-Pass ratio was absurdly terrible.

To end the first half, with 16 seconds left on the goal line, instead of running 3 straight pass plays that are doomed to fail, how about run the ball once. See if you can score. If not, spike the ball and kick the field goad. Instead of 24-0, it could have been 17-0, 17-3, or 17-7. We started the fourth quarter down 24-6. It could have been 17-6, 17-9, or 17-13.

2) Mike Vick

For the reason that he just held onto the ball way too long. The 3rd down fumble on the goal line ruined any chance we had at winning this game. That play was almost all on him.

And Vick can't still read a blitz off the openside

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they had McCoy pass blocking like all game.

Sad byproduct of an injured a weak line.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Andy was asked about possibly replacing Vick he said, "We'll evaluate that as we go." Vick better stop with these turnovers because Foles is looking over his shoulder! Twisted Evil

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:

Duds:

1) Coaching

McCoy didn't even get 20 touches. What a joke. Run-Pass ratio was absurdly terrible.

To end the first half, with 16 seconds left on the goal line, instead of running 3 straight pass plays that are doomed to fail, how about run the ball once. See if you can score. If not, spike the ball and kick the field goad. Instead of 24-0, it could have been 17-0, 17-3, or 17-7. We started the fourth quarter down 24-6. It could have been 17-6, 17-9, or 17-13.

2) Mike Vick

For the reason that he just held onto the ball way too long. The 3rd down fumble on the goal line ruined any chance we had at winning this game. That play was almost all on him.

Really hard for me to blame Vick on that though.

That was brutal!

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:

Duds:

1) Coaching

2) Mike Vick

That was brutal!

He should have looked over their pre-snap, it was pretty obvious that guy was coming. He should have been aware of it and started to roll to the right or throw quick to the left.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best part about this season were def gonna see Foles soon
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:

Duds:

1) Coaching

2) Mike Vick

That was brutal!

He should have looked over their pre-snap, it was pretty obvious that guy was coming. He should have been aware of it and started to roll to the right or throw quick to the left.

how do you know mccoy didnt mess up? he could have easily been supposed to go to the other side and block.

props to deadpulse
RollEagles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of benching QBs all of a sudden but you have to think that if Vick continues playing like this and turning the ball over like this, he will get benched at some point.

Maple Leafs: It's over
Phillies: 3-4 (Brewers)
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if that guy didn't come Watkins was getting pushed into his lap so yeah pretty much the play call was at its worst...I don't think you can run in that situation because guys wouldn't have that sense of urgency to get back up and spike it if we didn't get in.

Why wouldn't McCoy block backside? by him blocking front side he puts his body in the direction MV is looking. From the look of it, it seemed like it was a simple crossing route between Celek and whomever is out wide. Predictable.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:

Duds:

1) Coaching

2) Mike Vick

That was brutal!

how do you know mccoy didnt mess up? he could have easily been supposed to go to the other side and block.

At the very least Vick should have called the blitz out IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard Mudd.
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:

At the very least Vick should have called the blitz out IMO.

he could have...we dont know. he could have easily called it and the line shifted wrong, or there was a miscommunication.

im not going to put the blame on anyone...because there is no way to know who is at fault unless someone comes out and says it.

props to deadpulse
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's official. I have moved on from Vick. We broke up and aren't getting back together.

I'm ready to move on to Foles.

Foles is a rookie, yes, and this is a team that is good enough to contend now. I truly think that Foles can come in and have a rookie year akin to Ben Roethlisbergers. Not only is he a very similar player to Big Ben, but we have a good enough team that can carry him.

With Vick at the helm, Andy is NOT going to utilize our best weapon like he should. He is continually going to try and win with Vick and it isn't going to work.

If Foles were to start, we wouldn't see Andy passing the ball 40 times a game. It would mean more carries for McCoy, which is not only our best option, but it would also make life a hell of a lot easier for Foles. We can actually use the play action successfully. Yesterday, every time we used PA we got destroyed. One reason for that was the fact that we WEREN'T RUNNING THE BALL TO BEGIN WITH. The second reason being that our offensive line was being manhandled all game. And the third reason being Vick, who would hold on to the ball WAY too long and get destroyed for a huge loss.

Vick just isn't the answer. His pocket presence is not what people thought it was, he has some pretty glaring accuracy issues, he holds on to the ball way too long, has almost NO awareness which leads to all his bonehead interceptions.

Listen, i know Foles is a rookie, and I know that it was only the pre-season. But he is the perfect quarterback for our offense. Not the one Andy is running right now with Vick, but the one we SHOULD be running. Which is a conservative, run-first, ball-control offense. Foles is big and won't be as susceptible to the huge hits Vick takes, and he has a big arm, a quick release, and is quite accurate. He doesn't hold on to the ball too long...He makes his reads WAY faster than Vick does.

I am literally rooting for a Vick injury right now. It is the one thing that can save our season. I really don't see Andy benching Vick in the foreseeable future.

If Foles comes in, we will win football games. The defense and run game will win us games, and Foles will be good enough to just manage the game and not make mistakes. Just like a certain guy in Pittsburgh back in his rookie season.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with starting Foles with Andy, is that eventually Andy would go to a screw run pass ratio.

I think Andy is a good HC, but his run pass ratio is frustrating, and if it's not Andy's fault, he should've fired Marty or taken oven playcalling.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
The problem with starting Foles with Andy, is that eventually Andy would go to a screw run pass ratio.

I think Andy is a good HC, but his run pass ratio is frustrating, and if it's not Andy's fault, he should've fired Marty or taken oven playcalling.

Yes, as long as we don't fix the play calling it won't matter who is playing QB. Vick has shown he can win with a good run-pass ratio.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 94 of 96

Jump to: