Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT- Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) vs Arizona Cardinals (3-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meco

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With our receivers banged up and our offensive line in shambles I'm thinking the Cardinals could steal this one in a low scoring affair. Give Ray Horton a week to scheme against Dallas Reynolds and Bell and we're so screwed on the OL. And Patrick Peterson is playing some of the best football in the league right now, right up there on Revis' level so far.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
With our receivers banged up and our offensive line in shambles I'm thinking the Cardinals could steal this one in a low scoring affair. Give Ray Horton a week to scheme against Dallas Reynolds and Bell and we're so screwed on the OL. And Patrick Peterson is playing some of the best football in the league right now, right up there on Revis' level so far.

It could definitely go either way, but at this point I'd rather come out of the game without injuries than with the win.

That said, Reynolds may actually match up better with the Cards than Kelce. He's bigger and stronger, but much less athletic/quick. It'll hurt us in the running game but might well help against the Cards' interior DL on passing plays.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
That said, Reynolds may actually match up better with the Cards than Kelce. He's bigger and stronger, but much less athletic/quick. It'll hurt us in the running game but might well help against the Cards' interior DL on passing plays.

That's a good point. And even though Reynolds hadn't see any action prior to last week, it's nice to know that he was on the PS for the last 2+ years, so it's not like much of the assignments are foreign to him.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/EaglesInsider/
Quote:
Colt Anderson, Dunlap + Maclin will not practice today, Andy Reid says.
Quote:
Reid: Stretch for Dunlap to play this week probably.
Quote:
Maclin is day by day, making improvement

Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/
Quote:
Reid said he is expecting the Cards to close their roof.

oland11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Damatress is starting, Dallas Reynolds might have to go up against Darnell Dockett and Pat Williams. The Cards have horrible OTs. Which is exactly what we were saying last year and we registered like 2 sacks that day. I really wonder whats in store for both pass rushes.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping our Dline really show us what the word "Dominate" means. I think they've been good the first two games, but I'm hoping they can harass KK all day long, and get a ton of sacks.

I'm not too worried about their Offense. Fitz is great, and Andre Roberts aren't too shabby, but what else do they have? Wells and Williams haven't got it to work yet, and if you think our Oline is bad...

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
So Damatress is starting, Dallas Reynolds might have to go up against Darnell Dockett and Pat Williams. The Cards have horrible OTs. Which is exactly what we were saying last year and we registered like 2 sacks that day. I really wonder whats in store for both pass rushes.

You made me go check to see if Pat Williams was on the Cards, was thinking damn this dude can not still be in the league. You mean Dan Williams, not Pat.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
oland11 wrote:

You made me go check to see if Pat Williams was on the Cards, was thinking damn this dude can not still be in the league. You mean Dan Williams, not Pat.

Whoops. I'm sorry I meant Dan Williams xD
BatCountry!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "letdown" factor after a big win is huge in the NFL. I would say we could be on upset alert - not only because of our propensity to turn the ball over - but our big last minute win this past weekend. However its very easy to argue the Cards had an even more emotional week against the Pats in Foxboro.

I also do believe that traveling cross country is never good for an NFL team, but that being said, the "letdown" factor for the Cards is much greater I feel bc of their youth. This game is a big test for both teams - for the Cards it's a test to see if they can feed success with more success like playoff caliber teams do. For the Eagles it's a test to see if we can focus to limit turnovers and put together a complete game of football against a team we outmatch talent-wise. We didn't do that Week 1, we squeaked out a victory in Week 2, now let's see if we can put it all together here.

My prediction is Eagles 20, Cards 16

I think we do better with the turnovers, but losing Maclin, Kelce, and Dunlap in one game will probably make it tough for us on offense. Dockett and Campbell are really good players.

^^^ McNabbNo5

Sapere aude!
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cards fan here and I will say some of what's being said is true homerism and some is realistic.

I will give you a realistic perspective.

This Cardinals team is coming in leading the league with a 9-2 record in their last 11 games. Kolb thus far, since having his starting job taken away, has filled in "decent" but last game against the Patriots, you could tell they were basically trying to limit his mistakes. The checkdown he pulled (like Vick) to score the touchdown on the goal-line was nice.

The defense is coming on strong. Let's be fair here, the Eagles D is strong too but they've faced a rookie QB (week 1, just like the Cardinals) and then another QB (Joe Flacco) that isn't known for airing it out. Granted, Kolb is the same thus far through his time here and I wouldn't expect the same, but I would expect him to be able to throw the ball on the Eagles some.

Patrick Peterson has been targeted 11 times and allowed only 1 reception. He's starting the year pretty well and I'd expect to see him on DeSean or Maclin at times (if healthy). Our other corners have done well and obviously, we were able to limit Brady pretty well. Against the Pats we lined up in our dime and nickle quite often and only rushed 4.. Acho, Schofield/Groves, Campbell, and Dockett. I don't remember precise numbers but obviously, they generated good pressure to knock Brady off his game for roughly 3 1/2 quarters of play.

DAN WILLIAMS. You all think he is mediocre but during the preseason and in week 1, he was a decisive factor. He has been getting off blocks extremely well and generating pressure up the middle. PLUS, he has been run stuffing as we had been expecting him to for years now. He will shock you how far he has come. He's being pushed by David Carter and Carter is good too.

Offensively, we've had issues generating yards on the ground. Beanie did okay against the Pats but Ryan Williams seems to be doubting himself since the season started. The line is not helping, as we lost our best RUN blocker in Levi Brown. I don't know if this is the week where the run game opens up.

Realistically, I can see the Eagles D stifling our O, obviously. But I can easily see our Cards D stifling your O as well. As I said in our thread on the Cards board, I can see the game ending close.. going either way and no team scoring more than 17 points. I'm thinking 13-9 or 10-7, something shockingly small.
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BatCountry! wrote:
The "letdown" factor after a big win is huge in the NFL. I would say we could be on upset alert - not only because of our propensity to turn the ball over - but our big last minute win this past weekend. However its very easy to argue the Cards had an even more emotional week against the Pats in Foxboro.

I also do believe that traveling cross country is never good for an NFL team, but that being said, the "letdown" factor for the Cards is much greater I feel bc of their youth. This game is a big test for both teams - for the Cards it's a test to see if they can feed success with more success like playoff caliber teams do. For the Eagles it's a test to see if we can focus to limit turnovers and put together a complete game of football against a team we outmatch talent-wise. We didn't do that Week 1, we squeaked out a victory in Week 2, now let's see if we can put it all together here.

My prediction is Eagles 20, Cards 16

I think we do better with the turnovers, but losing Maclin, Kelce, and Dunlap in one game will probably make it tough for us on offense. Dockett and Campbell are really good players.

This game could be huge for the Cards, heading into a week 4-8 schedule that has us facing the Miami Dolphins, St. Louis Rams, Buffalo Bills, and the Minnesota Vikings. I'm not saying all of those are obvious wins but I would think Arizona could finally be considered a favorite in those matchups IF we take down the Eagles. Winning out would obviously be huge to setup the back half of the schedule.
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/status/248472836472176641

#Cards a couple areas where the Defense has been lights out in the Red Zone 28.57% & 3rd Downs 32.26 %. #punt #fieldgoals #azcards
Eagles_808

iRobot wrote:
Cards fan here and I will say some of what's being said is true homerism and some is realistic.

I will give you a realistic perspective.

This Cardinals team is coming in leading the league with a 9-2 record in their last 11 games.

Well let me respond with another realistic perspective: the Eagles are on a 6-game winning streak dating back to last season. That is the longest current streak in the NFL.
PowerElite

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I'm hoping our Dline really show us what the word "Dominate" means. I think they've been good the first two games, but I'm hoping they can harass KK all day long, and get a ton of sacks.

I haven't paid specific attention to it yet, but I believe the Eagles aren't running much of the wide 9 in the traditional sense of the wide 9 except for on passing downs. They are definitely doing something different this year where there is a clear distinction between what's done on 1st down and 3rd & long. Jason Babin is clearly a maniac on 3rd and long this year while he is pretty anonymous on 1st downs. I plan to look for what is being done differently this week.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 2 of 96

Jump to: