Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT- Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) vs Arizona Cardinals (3-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7679
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Is this stretch of game we've had/are having not one of the most brutal for any team in recent memory!?

vs Ravens
@ Cardinals
vs Giants
@ Steelers
vs Lions
bye
vs Falcons
@ Saints
vs Cowboys

Our schedule this year is the hardest the Eagles have had by far IMO since I started closely following NFL which was 07. Just plain tough.


It's definitely a tough stretch, but not as bad as you're making it out to be.

Saints, Lions, and Steelers are all not the teams they were last year. Not even close. Two of them are 1-2 and one is 0-3. They have lost to the Chiefs, Panthers, Redskins, Titans, and Raiders..some of the worst teams in the league. The Steelers will be tough, but their defense is aging and is always really banged up. Lions don't really scare me...and the Saints look absolutely pathetic as a football team right now.

If you look at the schedules around the league, almost every team seems like they have a tough schedule. It's due to the ridiculous parity in the NFL right now and how it's a pretty even field overall. there are a few very bad teams, and really only a couple very good teams, and then the rest are all pretty good.
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 18829
Location: Can't talk
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Is this stretch of game we've had/are having not one of the most brutal for any team in recent memory!?

vs Ravens
@ Cardinals
vs Giants
@ Steelers
vs Lions
bye
vs Falcons
@ Saints
vs Cowboys

Our schedule this year is the hardest the Eagles have had by far IMO since I started closely following NFL which was 07. Just plain tough.


It's definitely a tough stretch, but not as bad as you're making it out to be.

Saints, Lions, and Steelers are all not the teams they were last year. Not even close. Two of them are 1-2 and one is 0-3. They have lost to the Chiefs, Panthers, Redskins, Titans, and Raiders..some of the worst teams in the league. The Steelers will be tough, but their defense is aging and is always really banged up. Lions don't really scare me...and the Saints look absolutely pathetic as a football team right now.

If you look at the schedules around the league, almost every team seems like they have a tough schedule. It's due to the ridiculous parity in the NFL right now and how it's a pretty even field overall. there are a few very bad teams, and really only a couple very good teams, and then the rest are all pretty good.


Yeah your right, the parity throughout the league really is ridiculous right now. Schedule actually looked a lot tougher before the season began.
_________________


~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
babyatemydingo


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 6877
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vs Ravens (1-0) - when the Eagles played them
@ Cardinals (2-0) - today
vs Giants (2-1)
@ Steelers (1-2)
vs Lions (1-2)
bye
vs Falcons (3-0)
@ Saints (0-3)
vs Cowboys (2-1)


So, a 12-9 opponent is brutal?
In fact, Eagles' foes have a .500 record going forward through the next eight games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
beachside_eagle


Joined: 30 Jul 2011
Posts: 768
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
...and then the rest are all pretty good.


Or pretty mediocre. Not many scary teams this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexM23


Joined: 03 Jan 2011
Posts: 8301
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to use less slowwwww developing pass plays and Vick needs to start getting rid of the ball much quicker otherwise he's going to get killed behind this line.
_________________

Kiltman on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JayAp07


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Posts: 2613
Location: Wilmington DE Silo on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
We need to use less slowwwww developing pass plays and Vick needs to start getting rid of the ball much quicker otherwise he's going to get killed behind this line.


Bingo.

They also need to figure out a way to get DeSean the ball more. I sure hope they didn't pay all that money for a decoy.

Our biggest problem is that we continually try to force players to fit into our offense instead of tailoring our offense to fit the players.
_________________


2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 18829
Location: Can't talk
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
vs Ravens (1-0) - when the Eagles played them
@ Cardinals (2-0) - today
vs Giants (2-1)
@ Steelers (1-2)
vs Lions (1-2)
bye
vs Falcons (3-0)
@ Saints (0-3)
vs Cowboys (2-1)


So, a 12-9 opponent is brutal?
In fact, Eagles' foes have a .500 record going forward through the next eight games.


Lol it's been 3 games so obviously when you count up the record it's going to be close to 500, don't be a clown. Ravens, Cardinals, Falcons, Giants are all widely considered top 10 teams. Lions, Cowboys, and Steelers are all talented teams that came into season as serious contenders but are question marks at this point, while the Saints I'm wary of because they may be able to get their act together by then and they'll be at home where they're dangerous. In fact, every one of those teams, except for the Saints and Lions, people probably consider better than the Eagles... so yeah I call that a pretty brutal stretch.
_________________


~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
willy_law


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 9363
Location: Villanova University
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
We need to use less slowwwww developing pass plays and Vick needs to start getting rid of the ball much quicker otherwise he's going to get killed behind this line.


they completely back fire when he doesnt pull the trigger. i.e. his fumble.
_________________
TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
We need to use less slowwwww developing pass plays and Vick needs to start getting rid of the ball much quicker otherwise he's going to get killed behind this line.


they completely back fire when he doesnt pull the trigger. i.e. his fumble.


Plus he has trouble seeing over the lineman on both sides.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bleedin_Green36


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 13086
Location: Largo, FL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pats, 49ers, Steelers and Redskins losing today make me feel a little better about today's loss. I'm glad we got Andy's yearly stinker out of the way early and with no major injuries, all will be forgotten if we can win next week. Hopefully Maclin and King can get healthy!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hammertime52


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 10900
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
The Pats, 49ers, Steelers and Redskins losing today make me feel a little better about today's loss. I'm glad we got Andy's yearly stinker out of the way early and with no major injuries, all will be forgotten if we can win next week. Hopefully Maclin and King can get healthy!!


Yup, and it didnt come at a point where we desperately needed a win. Im glad it happened and afterwards we still had a winning record.
_________________

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Broadway Joe


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 7737
Location: Point Place, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
The Pats, 49ers, Steelers and Redskins losing today make me feel a little better about today's loss. I'm glad we got Andy's yearly stinker out of the way early and with no major injuries, all will be forgotten if we can win next week. Hopefully Maclin and King can get healthy!!


The stinkers are never fully out of the way, sometimes we have more than one per year. But yes, the injures were a major factor for us on offense today, Maclin was really missed and offensive line was sucking more than usual with this makeshift unit we put on the field.
_________________

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bleedin_Green36


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 13086
Location: Largo, FL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And honestly as bad as we played, the Cardinals didn't play much better. (Not that they needed to) 14 points off a blown coverage and an embarrassing fumble at the end of the half. I don't know why we didn't go 5 wide and do a QB draw on the goal line but I digress. Those 2 plays were pretty much the difference in the game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Art_Vandalay


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 22442
Location: Thornton, CO
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made $135 off this game. High five anyone?

Seriously though, I didn't think we stood much of a chance considering the way the Cards D had been playing. Vick just isn't that good. He has no pocket presence, horrible decision-making, accuracy issues, holds onto the ball way too long, and takes way too many hits.

With our D, we should be running a more conservative, ball control type offense. I could go on but it's beating a dead horse at this point. I'd really like to see what he have in Foles and I have a feeling I'll get my wish soon. Whether Vick gets hurt or pulled for poor play, Foles is going to have an opportunity to show what he's got.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is an example of what I have talked about before where an Andy Reid offense has never scored 35+ points in a playoff game. You have to enter a game thinking that you need to put up 35+ points to beat a very good team and your defense needs to keep them at 14 points or under . If you can do one of those two things you are just about guaranteed to win the game. The Eagles did neither. This offense needs a #1 receiver and a far less predictable offensive playcaller. The Cardinals showed everyone what a #1 receiver looks like and the following is what a #1 receiver looks like in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoPdi9WtO50

The Eagles don't look good against these playoff type teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 92 of 96

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group