Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BREAKING NEWS: NFL, Refs Close To Deal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: BREAKING NEWS: NFL, Refs Close To Deal Reply with quote

As @mortreport is reporting, an agreement between NFL and NFLRA is at hand and both sides will work to have officials working this weekend.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/250988047699681280

Good deal. Even the real referees are extremely flawed themselves, the replacements have been a total mess. Hopefully the real guys are back this weekend.

We shouldn't have to worry about any of our opponents being awarded 4 timeouts in 1 half now...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could careless who the refs are. There were a few good replacement guys and then a bunch or average refs and then some bad ones. I see no different in the refs. Reals ones make bad calls all the time or miss something that should have been called. I seen them blow games to. People are only making a big deal out of it because they are not the real ones. As soon as a real refs blows a game people will be hating on them again.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
magnuu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I could careless who the refs are. There were a few good replacement guys and then a bunch or average refs and then some bad ones. I see no different in the refs. Reals ones make bad calls all the time or miss something that should have been called. I seen them blow games to. People are only making a big deal out of it because they are not the real ones. As soon as a real refs blows a game people will be hating on them again.

I couldn't agree less.
There is a huge difference between officiating in past years and in these 3 weeks.
What you are doing is splitting refs into 2 groups: those who make mistakes and those who dont mistakes. Well i agree every ref is in the 2nd group, but that doesn't make them equally good/bad.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between the refs was well said by Fitzgerald, it is the consistency of the calls. He mentioned that the regular refs will come over to him after a play and say "Look Fitz I saw that push off, you did not get the ball, but next time we call that".

You know where you stand with them, with these replacements you don't.

It is also basic things like spotting the ball correctly, knowing the correct yardage for penalties, knowing the correct application of the penalties and the flow of the game.

Remember that holding call we had the ended in a sack on Sunday, that should be a routine call, ask Reid what he wants call it out, and then back on with the game. But with the replacements that took a good 5 minutes to figure out.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
rickyp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:

I hear this all the time. Not having a go at you personally Boise, but the phrase is 'I couldn't care less'.

On the topic of refs, hopefully if anything comes out of this, it would be a greater appreciation for the work the refs do.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, with the extra work the replacements have done, doesnt that mean there is more referee depth than before? (trying too look at this positively).

Also, replacements arent that bad, check out the NRL (Rugby League) we have refs and video refs who are getting it wrong week in week out, 26 rounds and 3 weeks of finals and every week there is a massive error made (some against my team, some going my teams way, but i am not bitter khodder).

Just makes the games more unpredictable and exciting.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Really, with the extra work the replacements have done, doesnt that mean there is more referee depth than before? (trying too look at this positively).

Also, replacements arent that bad, check out the NRL (Rugby League) we have refs and video refs who are getting it wrong week in week out, 26 rounds and 3 weeks of finals and every week there is a massive error made (some against my team, some going my teams way, but i am not bitter khodder).

Just makes the games more unpredictable and exciting.

You guys goit the rub of the green one way one week, and then it went the other the next. The difference is that yeah, the dcisions are wrong but the control and flow of the game is the same because they are the same referees they are constantly talking with the players letting them know where the boundaries are.

We accept that even the normal refs will make mistakes, but the game will flow better, and the basics will be done correctly.

Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyp wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

I hear this all the time. Not having a go at you personally Boise, but the phrase is 'I couldn't care less'.

On the topic of refs, hopefully if anything comes out of this, it would be a greater appreciation for the work the refs do.

Everyone going to be hating the refs again as soon as they make a mistake. I seem to remember the normal refs blowing a clear fumble last year costing Arizona a game.

People seem to forget how they dislike the normal ones. Again I can care less who the refs are. There will always be bad calls, Missed calls, and blown games that cost a team a game.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Everyone going to be hating the refs again as soon as they make a mistake. I seem to remember the normal refs blowing a clear fumble last year costing Arizona a game.

People seem to forget how they dislike the normal ones. Again I can care less who the refs are. There will always be bad calls, Missed calls, and blown games that cost a team a game.

It is not so much the smaller blown calls, they happen all the time, it is the things like spotting the ball correctly, knowing what the implications of a penalty are, keeping the game flowing.

Things that these replacement refs are unable to do with competance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: