Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CB Metrics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Happens with Hall and JJoe (When he was here). It's why I wasn't surprised when JJoe got lit up a couple of games ago. They play phenomenally one week and can shutdown an opposing WR. Then other week misplay the crap out of a coverage, like you said.

It's why when I did the CB rankings I had both of them outside the top 5 (back when they were both on the Bengals)...

Agreed, I've seen Joseph get lit up when he was a Bengal so I wasn't too surprised either. A lot of people bought into the fact he was better than Nnamdi Asomugha. When Nnamdi allows a few catches a game he is a bum but when Joseph does it's all good.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Happens with Hall and JJoe (When he was here). It's why I wasn't surprised when JJoe got lit up a couple of games ago. They play phenomenally one week and can shutdown an opposing WR. Then other week misplay the crap out of a coverage, like you said.

It's why when I did the CB rankings I had both of them outside the top 5 (back when they were both on the Bengals)...

Agreed, I've seen Joseph get lit up when he was a Bengal so I wasn't too surprised either. A lot of people bought into the fact he was better than Nnamdi Asomugha. When Nnamdi allows a few catches a game he is a bum but when Joseph does it's all good.

He did look much better in Houston initially. Call it scheme or whatever. But he seems to have come back down to earth now. Still a very good CB, but probably should still be behind Revis and Nnamdi rankings wise. Although JJoe is much better at supporting the run than Nnamdi. That was my big issue with Nnamdi last season.

If terms of just pure coverage, I would even say Cro is better than JJoe or Hall. It's Hall and JJoe's overall game which I like...
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamur the guy just signed off the PS, is suddenly our best coverage LB. It was probably the first time this entire season a LB of ours was actually good in coverage...
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coaches said that he was the best coverage linebacker in camp as well. But hey, hard to find room for a one dimensional guy like that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Hall struggled

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Wow Hall struggled

I missed the first half but heard on the radio he allowed the big play to Thomas. Honestly, aside from that, he didn't allow much at all. In the 2nd half, I can't recall seeing anyone make a catch on him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that Nate Clements fella had himself a game eh Wink .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
So that Nate Clements fella had himself a game eh Wink .

He played well, but I would say Leon Hall played the best. Don't care what the metrics say but he was phenomenal in coverage against Cruz...
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like all the corners came to play. Man, Eli has just been out of sync as of late so you guys caught them at the right time. Cruz only 26 yards? Yeah, I'll say Hall did a DAMN good job.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Seems like all the corners came to play. Man, Eli has just been out of sync as of late so you guys caught them at the right time. Cruz only 26 yards? Yeah, I'll say Hall did a DAMN good job.

Give a lot of credit to the d-line too. They gave Eli no time to throw and that helps the secondary tremedously.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely, the DL has been generating pressure all season. Well, mainly Geno Atkins LOL.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Definitely, the DL has been generating pressure all season. Well, mainly Geno Atkins LOL.

Not just Geno. The ends have gotten plenty of pressure, just not as many sacks. Dunlap has played well despite the lack of sacks. he and MJ93 seem to get there often milliseconds apart. One of them gets the numbers, one doesn't. last year Dunlap got the numbers.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested to see what Kirkpatricks numbers were. I know he gave up a few catches but was always in good position. I'm excited to see him get more time. But to be honest, Hall and Pacman are playing great. I'll even admit Newman is playing well

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: