Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT: Bears vs. Rams (12 pm CT, Fox)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
raq11 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Who else is extremely excited about Brandon Marshall vs. Cortland Finnegan?

Two years ago I'd dread this matchup and I'd put a wager that Brandon was surely going to get a 15 yard penalty...now I think it will be funny. Does anyone even like Cortland's antics? Even Rams fans?

Hell yea, we love Cortland and his antics. If he was on the Bears, you'd understand. He's the ultimate troll...plus he's a darn good player.

Cortland's actually my favorite player in the NFL not on da bears... I love his attitude and intensity in games.. seems to play with a chip on his shoulder, probably because people knock him for his size. But it should be fun to watch him and Marshall this Sunday

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Week 3 GDT: Bears vs. Rams (12 pm CT, Fox) Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:

I still want to adopt this bear. It can hug my legs all it wants.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
raq11 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:

Two years ago I'd dread this matchup and I'd put a wager that Brandon was surely going to get a 15 yard penalty...now I think it will be funny. Does anyone even like Cortland's antics? Even Rams fans?

Hell yea, we love Cortland and his antics. If he was on the Bears, you'd understand. He's the ultimate troll...plus he's a darn good player.
He has kicked our butts at home before.
BEARS24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears could go down here leading the whole NFL universe to think the Rams are a contender, which they are not and that the Bears are a bottom dweller...

This game is about image right now, and with no offence to the Rams, the Bears are the better team going into the game, but the Rams may think that a wildcard spot is VERY much in the future, and they have more of a viable wildcard chance than the Cards or the Seahawks at this point in the year...
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
raq11 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:

Cortland's actually my favorite player in the NFL not on da bears... I love his attitude and intensity in games.. seems to play with a chip on his shoulder, probably because people knock him for his size. But it should be fun to watch him and Marshall this Sunday

Marshall will probably be up against Bradley Fletcher for the majority of the game. If he moves into the slot, he'll face Cortland but the Rams like to use Cortland as more of a joker so whenever a team is in a 3 WR set, he moves into the slot.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Rams and I think that they are on the way up with Jeff Fisher.

But lets not look to far into a terrible game the Bears played against the Packers and a nice win that the Rams had. The NFL is reactionary to a fault.

The Bears are still a team talented enough to win the division and the Rams are still a work in progress.

I think this game will be more competitive than the Colts game, but it still should be a win for the Bears.

The real tipping point for the Bears is that we have 4-5 players that can sack the QB going against a weak OL and the Rams have 2 players that can sack the QB going against a weak OL.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scariest thing as a Bears fan is,

If bad Jay shows up the Rams absolutely can win this game.

If good Jay shows up then I don't think they have much of a chance.

This inconsistency sucks.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bears cannot beat the Rams at home then we all need to sit back and really examine this team.

Our expectations for the season have to come way down and more than likely we are in for a disappointing season.

If we cannot rebound from this Green Bay loss I think it is safe to say that Lovie is a goner. I expect that Lovie realizes that if he wants to keep his job he needs to win the winnable games on his schedule because we have games like Houston and San Francisco where we will not be in a good position to win.
raq11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
If the Bears cannot beat the Rams at home then we all need to sit back and really examine this team.

Our expectations for the season have to come way down and more than likely we are in for a disappointing season.

If we cannot rebound from this Green Bay loss I think it is safe to say that Lovie is a goner. I expect that Lovie realizes that if he wants to keep his job he needs to win the winnable games on his schedule because we have games like Houston and San Francisco where we will not be in a good position to win.

This would be a fantastic post at around 4pm on Sunday should a loss occur. But what in the world is the point of this before the game's even played?

If we can't beat Minnesota at home on 11/25, we should have a look at ourselves. THERE... I said it
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 3 GDT: Bears vs. Rams (12 pm CT, Fox) Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:

I still want to adopt this bear. It can hug my legs all it wants.
Can you imagine the Chick magnet this little fellow would be?
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

But lets not look to far into a terrible game the Bears played against the Packers and a nice win that the Rams had. The NFL is reactionary to a fault.

The Bears are still a team talented enough to win the division and the Rams are still a work in progress.

I think this game will be more competitive than the Colts game, but it still should be a win for the Bears.

The real tipping point for the Bears is that we have 4-5 players that can sack the QB going against a weak OL and the Rams have 2 players that can sack the QB going against a weak OL.
Any chance the Bears can win the Division pretty much disappeared Thursday night. Not from a probablistic point of view but in reality. We don't have the coach to do it barring a season ending injury to Rodgers (which isn't impossible if he continues to get smacked as much as he has.)
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

Do you think we can beat Dallas?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Do you think we can beat Dallas?

If we show that we can rebound and fix the offensive issues that killed us in Green Bay I think we can beat everyone on our schedule.

If we show that the offense is still a mess and Jay continues to melt down than NO I don't think they can.

This game will tell us a lot and this game is bigger than a week 3 matchup with the Rams. This is about the Bears proving something themselves and getting the confidence back.

If the Bears meltdown in a loss do you know that they can beat Jacksonville?
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

That's a stretch.

While I do agree that the Bears should be favored and I think they'll probably win this game(even though I'm picking the Rams), the bold is a major stretch.

We have 2 guys who are proving to be top tier pass rushers. You guys have Peppers. And I'll give you Melton as well. That's 2 vs. 2.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrrys here!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 3 of 29

Jump to: