Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Mock Attempt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ironcurtain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: My Mock Attempt Reply with quote

Figured I'd try a couple of bye week mocks also. I figured we'd be picking around the 20 - 24 range.

1. Jackson Jeffcoat (DE/OLB - Texas)
2. Justin Gilbert (CB - Oklahoma St.)
3. Tony Jefferson (S - Oklahoma)
4. Kevin Reddick (ILB - North Carolina)
5. Silas Redd (RB - Penn St.)
6. Devin Street (WR - Pitt)

OR

1. Xavier Rhodes (CB - Florida St._
2. Micheal Buchanan (DE/OLB - Illinois)
3. Gabe Jackson (OG - Mississippi St.)
4. Micheal Mauti (ILB - Penn St.)
5. Matt Elam (S - Florida)
6. Cierre Wood (RB - Notre Dame)
kysteeler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: My Mock Attempt Reply with quote

ironcurtain wrote:
Figured I'd try a couple of bye week mocks also. I figured we'd be picking around the 20 - 24 range.

1. Jackson Jeffcoat (DE/OLB - Texas)
2. Justin Gilbert (CB - Oklahoma St.)
3. Tony Jefferson (S - Oklahoma)
4. Kevin Reddick (ILB - North Carolina)
5. Silas Redd (RB - Penn St.)
6. Devin Street (WR - Pitt)

OR

1. Xavier Rhodes (CB - Florida St._
2. Micheal Buchanan (DE/OLB - Illinois)
3. Gabe Jackson (OG - Mississippi St.)
4. Micheal Mauti (ILB - Penn St.)
5. Matt Elam (S - Florida)
6. Cierre Wood (RB - Notre Dame)

I really like Rhodes, but I don't know if we should spend a 1st on CB, I would like to let Lewis, Allen, and Brown come into their own a little more. After seeing the cap hit we would take if we cut Harrison next year, I'm hoping he can give us something, and Worilds will step in up in the next couple of games.

I would chose the 2nd mock assuming we would cut Taylor, Allen taking his place. I would switch OG and S rounds.
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need linebackers and safeties (and a tweaked scheme)

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we missing our 7th rounder that I dont know about?

These mocks have the right idea....defensive heavy, which is needed...BUT.....

Why do people keep mocking us CBs?

Im not saying its totally out of the question, but CB hasnt even been close to the biggest issues. Cortez Allen looks at least like a pretty good starting CB, and Brown still has potential too.

This isnt a great CB class IMO. Not that there isnt any talent, but I dont like any current CBs in the first for us, and I think we have plenty of talent at CB to hold us over another year and possibly longer.

Safety needs to be a high pick....beyond that, front 7 needs to be the focus IMO. If Wallace leaves...which he probably will....then Id consider WR or an athletic TE. If we resign Wallace, I see no reason to spend any early picks on offense unless there is a steal at OG or TE.

And we dont need another RB next year. In fact, unless its a top talent, we shouldnt even draft a RB at all until we fix our run blocking, because currently, I dont think anyone could find consistent success back there.
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Im not saying its totally out of the question, but CB hasnt even been close to the biggest issues. Cortez Allen looks at least like a pretty good starting CB, and Brown still has potential too.

This isnt a great CB class IMO. Not that there isnt any talent, but I dont like any current CBs in the first for us, and I think we have plenty of talent at CB to hold us over another year and possibly longer.

Safety needs to be a high pick....beyond that, front 7 needs to be the focus IMO. If Wallace leaves...which he probably will....then Id consider WR or an athletic TE. If we resign Wallace, I see no reason to spend any early picks on offense unless there is a steal at OG or TE.

And we dont need another RB next year. In fact, unless its a top talent, we shouldnt even draft a RB at all until we fix our run blocking, because currently, I dont think anyone could find consistent success back there.
I agree with you about CB & also the RB position. What is your opinion about moving Worilds to ILB,I know there were talks about it before camp.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB is a need if Lewis isn't resigned this offseason and Ike is going on 32. Of a guy is there they like they'll take him.

RB is a need...how big just depends on your view.

Dwyer and Redman are average talents at the best. Batch and Rainey are change of pace types. There is a need for a quality starter. I'm also aware of OL not getting it done in the run game...OG is a need drowning on if they axe Colon after the year and just overall OL depth will be needed with Starks, T-Rex arms and Foster all FAs after the season.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this draft they will take at least 1 OLB high ( I suspect at #1 if a candidate is there ) and a ILB or FS at #2. If the juniors come out this could be one of the better safety classes.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
In this draft they will take at least 1 OLB high ( I suspect at #1 if a candidate is there ) and a ILB or FS at #2. If the juniors come out this could be one of the better safety classes.

I thin everyone agrees the top 2 needs are going to be an OLB and S(assuming they don't switch).

It's the secondary needs that everyone differs on in terms of importance.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImissEricGreen wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

I agree with you about CB & also the RB position. What is your opinion about moving Worilds to ILB,I know there were talks about it before camp.

If he can contribute at ILB, I am all for it. A major issue of his seems to be shedding blocks though, so Im not sure how much better he will be.

Still, Id give him a look....pending he is still with the team.

I personally think this is his last year as a Steeler.

There was absolutely nothing smart about that pick. I realize they wanted to improve depth behind Woodley and Harrison, but that pick was ridiculous. Worlids was a reach IMO and ILB was a much bigger need with an aging Farrior. Bowman and Lee were right there.....yet we took Alonzo Jackson 2.0.

Colbert once said Worlids reminded them of Harrison. So maybe if we bounce him around to a few teams and pick him up when he turns 28....he can do something for us. Cool
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have that much of love for Jeffcoat, I feel like he may be Timmons 2.0

I wouldn't lay off the idea of drafting a CB in 1st round, Ike Taylor has been among top 10 CB in League (maybe top 15) and he's still upgradable and if that cornerback we have sitting by our pick, you take him but Xavier Rhodes? eh I like Jonathan Banks because he fits our scheme better (zone coverage with superb athleticism) or Amerson a superior talent with awesome size.

I'm just nitpicking I guess. However some picks are somewhat off or overvalued for some players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: