Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Injury Report
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6562
Location: SC
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: 2012 Injury Report Reply with quote

Keenan Allen, WR, California Golden Bears (Junior)
Injury/Illness : PCL injury to left knee
Status : Out 1 game, possibly several weeks

Quote:
11/01/12 - California junior wide receiver Keenan Allen suffered a PCL injury in his left knee and has been ruled out of Friday's contest against Washington. He hurt the knee late in the fourth quarter last week in the loss to Utah. Golden Bears' head coach Jeff Tedford announced Allen could be out for a few weeks. “Keenan won't play against Washington,” Tedford said. “We'll continue to evaluate him on weekly basis.” Considered a minor injury, Allen will be in the conversation to be the first wide receiver drafted in April if he declares early and decides to go pro. Since the summer, Allen has been NFLDraftScout.com's No. 1 rated wide receiver for the 2013 NFL Draft, frequently appearing in the top-10 of mock drafts. The Golden Bears need to win their final three games to be bowl-eligible, but that will become even more difficult without their best offensive player. Allen leads the team with 61 catches for 737 yards and six scores, averaging 12.1 yards per reception. Although he has struggled to match his gaudy statistics from last season (98 catches, 1343 receiving yards), Allen ranks top-10 in the conference in almost every receiving category. Allen is an attractive NFL prospect because of his combination of size, speed and reliable hands. The news of Allen being held out of Friday's home match-up against the Huskies is unfortunate because it would have been an excellent test to see the talented junior lined up across from cornerback Desmond Trufant, one of the Pac 12's best defensive backs. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=104807&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR


John Boyett, S, Oregon Ducks (Senior)
Injury/Illness : Partial patellar tendons (both legs)
Status : Out for the season

Quote:
09/10/12 - Preseason All-American John Boyett returned to Napa Sunday and will have surgery this week to repair partial tears of both patellar tendons. The procedure will end his 2012 season as the starting free safety for the nationally-ranked University of Oregon football team. Boyett, a Napa High School graduate and former Indians star, did not play in Saturday’s 42-25 victory over Fresno State. He started the season opener and intercepted a pass in the second quarter during a 57-34 win over visiting Arkansas State. He traveled home from Eugene, Ore., Sunday with his father, Dan Boyett, a St. Helena High School assistant football coach. Dr. Neal ElAttrache, an orthopedic surgeon at the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles, will perform surgery on Wednesday. It’s a six-month rehab process. ElAttrache is the head physician to the Los Angeles Dodgers. - Marty James, The Napa Valley Register.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82007&draftyear=2013&genpos=FS


Chris Faulk, OT, LSU Tigers (Junior)
Injury/Illness : Major knee injury
Status : Out for the season

Quote:
09/07/12 - It won't generate the kind of headlines or hyperbole that followed the departure of the Honey Badger last month, but the latest hit to LSU's lineup may turn out to be just as big - literally and figuratively: According to the Times-Picayune, 6-foot-6, 325-pound left tackle Chris Faulk has been ruled out for the season with a "major knee injury" that will likely require surgery and extensive rehab. With that, the Tigers lose arguably the strongest piece of arguably the strongest offensive line in college football. LSU has not confirmed Faulk's prognosis, though he had already been ruled out of Saturday's game against Washington after going down in practice on Wednesday. "It looks like Faulk's got a bit of an injury, we don't know exactly how bad," coach Les Miles told reporters after that session. "We hope to return him to the game sometime soon." Sorry, coach. Opinions varied wildly on Faulk as a recruit out of Slidell, La., in 2009, the more optimistic of which pegged him as a borderline five-star due mainly to his colossal size. Last year, he started 13 of LSU's 14 games as a redshirt sophomore, including the SEC and BCS championship games, and came in for a second-team all-conference nod by the Associated Press. (It may be impossible to measure a left tackle statistically, but for what it's worth, LSU's line as a whole allowed fewer sacks in 2011 than any other team in the SEC, and the Tigers led the nation in fewest giveaways.) NFL draftniks, also enamored with his size, overwhelmingly projected Faulk as a likely first-round pick if he decided to put his name in the draft next spring. - Matt Hinton, CBSSports.com.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89563&draftyear=2014&genpos=OT


Demetrius Hartsfield, ILB, Maryland Terrapins (Senior)
Injury/Illness : Torn ACL
Status : Out for the season
Quote:
11/05/12 - Maryland middle linebacker Demetrius Hartsfield is out for the season with a torn ACL. It's the latest in a series of serious injuries for the Terrapins, who have already lost four quarterbacks and starting wide receiver Marcus Leak for the year. Hartsfield, a senior, leads Maryland with 78 tackles. The injury occurred last Saturday in the second quarter of a 33-13 loss to Georgia Tech. Coach Randy Edsall says, ''This is another tough loss for the program. ... To have his senior year cut short is disheartening.'' Hartsfield has 3 1/2 sacks, an interception and two fumble recoveries. His 338 career tackles is ranks 15th in school history. Maryland (4-5, 2-3 Atlantic Coast Conference) has three games left in the season. The Terrapins play at No. 10 Clemson on Saturday. - AP Sports

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82953&draftyear=2013&genpos=OLB


Brandon Jenkins, DE, Florida State (Senior)
Injury/Illness : Lisfranc injury to left foot
Status : Out for the season

Quote:
09/04/12 - ACC: PLAYERS WHOSE NFL DRAFT STOCK IS FALLING: DE Brandon Jenkins, Florida State: It is always tough to see a player bypass being an early round NFL Draft selection only to come back to college and get hurt. That is exactly what happened with Jenkins as he will miss the rest of the season with a Lisfranc injury to his left foot. Jenkins could have been a first- or second-round pick in last year's draft but decided to return to Florida State. Jenkins would qualify for a medical redshirt and could return to Tallahassee next season. You can see him next: Either as a redshirt senior at Florida State in 2013 or in the NFL. - Sean Bielawski, CBSSports.com.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89643&draftyear=2013&genpos=DE


Abry Jones, DE, Georgia Bulldogs (Senior)
Injury/Illness : Ankle injury
Status : Out for the rest of the season

Quote:
10/25/12 - Abry Jones’ high school coach confirmed what had been floated around on social media and hinted by his Georgia coaches and teammates. The Bulldogs’ starting defensive end is likely out for the rest of the regular season after undergoing ankle surgery on Tuesday. Kevin Kinsler, the head coach at Northside High in Warner Robins, is the only one to provide anything resembling a confirmation and then only reluctantly so. But he did confirm that Jones underwent ankle surgery on Tuesday at St. Mary’s Hospital and is looking at a long recovery as a result. “I’ve just texted back and forth with his parents a little bit and that’s it,” said Kinsler, who was Jones’ defensive coordinator when he was at Northside. “All we know is the surgery went well and they were talking six to eight weeks. But we haven’t had a chance to sit down and talk with them or anything like that. I imagine it’s been pretty hectic up there.” Obviously the recovery time will mean Jones will likely be out the rest of the season with a shot of coming back for a post-Christmas bowl game. Jones’ absence with the Bulldogs will be felt on defense. Jones, a 6-foot-3, 308-pound senior, has started 26 games and played in 45 for the Bulldogs at defensive end. Jones had to sit out the Florida Atlantic game earlier this season with an injury to the same left ankle. He had 17 tackles before having to leave the Kentucky game this past Saturday on Georgia’s second defensive play. - Chip Towers, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=89647


Jake Knott, OLB, Iowa State Cyclones (Senior)
Injury/Illness : Torn left shoulder
Status : Likely out for the year

Quote:
10/29/12 - Iowa State senior linebacker Jake Knott is likely out for the season with a torn left shoulder. Cyclones coach Paul Rhoads says Knott, the reigning Big 12 defensive player of the week and a first-team All-Big 12 pick in 2011, had surgery Monday in Chicago. Rhoads says Knott might make it back for a potential bowl game. But the Cyclones won't know more until later in the week. Knott injured his shoulder on Oct. 20 against Oklahoma State, but he returned and had 11 tackles and forced a fumble in Iowa State's 35-21 win on Saturday over Baylor. Rhoads says Knott was a selfless team player whose leadership will be missed. - AP Sports.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=94502&draftyear=2013&genpos=OLB


Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina Gamecocks (Junior)
Injury/Illness : Dislocated right knee
Status : Out for the year

Quote:
10/30/12 - Week 9 Rewind: Lattimore had right knee dislocated: South Carolina junior running back Marcus Lattimore, the only runner given a first-round grade thus far by NFLDraftScout.com, was carted off the field in the second quarter of the Gamecocks' matchup against Tennessee with a right leg injury. Head coach Steve Spurrier updated Lattimore's condition Sunday. Spurrier said that Lattimore's right knee was dislocated. The knee was put back in place after after he was taken from the field to a local hospital. Spurrier did not provide specifics as to ligaments or bones. The university released an update on Lattimore, as well, characterizing the injury as a "significant impact to the front of his right knee." The release notes that "several ligaments" were injured but that team doctor Jeffrey Guy did not find any fractures or other injuries. The injury appeared to come from a low (but legal) hit from Volunteers' defensive back Eric Gordon, whose helmet hit Lattimore directly on his right knee. The star running back's knee appeared to go limp on contact. South Carolina coaches and medical personnel rushed to the field. They were soon followed by Lattimore's teammates and even Tennessee players in giving the star back well wishes as he was carted off the field with his head covered by a towel and his right leg appearing to be enclosed in an air cast. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
[url]
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=109646&draftyear=2014&genpos=RB[/url]


Michael Mauti, LB, Penn State Nittany Lions (Senior)
Injury/Illness : Left knee injury
Status : Out for the year

Quote:
11/19/12 - Penn State star linebacker Michael Mauti will miss Saturday's season finale against Wisconsin with a left knee injury. Coach Bill O'Brien made the announcement Monday. The team's worst fears came true after Mauti was carted off the field during the 45-22 win last week over Indiana. Mauti's college career came to an early end. The senior leader and emotional anchor for the Nittany Lions was instrumental in helping to keep most of the team together after the NCAA levied landmark sanctions in the offseason for the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal. Mauti and fellow senior Michael Zordich made impassioned pleas to stick with the program two days after the penalties were announced. In the end, 10 players transferred, but more than 90 percent of the roster stayed. - AP Sports

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=83634


Quanterus Smith, DE, Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (Senior)
Injury Illness : Torn left ACL
Status : Out for the year

Quote:
11/20/12 - Western Kentucky University senior defensive end Quanterus Smith will miss the remainder of the 2012 football season after suffering a torn left anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in the fourth quarter on Saturday against Louisiana-Lafayette. Smith will miss WKU's final regular season game against North Texas, and would also miss a bowl game, should WKU be selected. "Quanterus was having such an incredible season, and my heart goes out to him as he begins the process of recovering from this injury," WKU head coach Willie Taggart said. "It is unfortunate that this would happen to a kid that had worked so hard and was having such a great senior season, but I know that if there is one kid that can get through something like this, Quanterus is definitely that kid. I know that he will bounce back and will continue to be a senior leader for our football team for the remainder of this season."
The Loganville, Ga., native has put together one of the most decorated seasons of any defender in WKU football history, racking up 12.5 sacks and 18.5 tackles for loss in 2012. The 12.5 sacks this season sits just behind the Sun Belt Conference record of 13.0 sacks in a single season, while his 24.0 career sacks are tied for the conference record.
Smith has been named the Sun Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Week twice this season, while also earning honors from the College Football Performance Awards on four different occasions. Following his performance against Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday, Smith moved up to second in the nation in tackles for loss per game (1.85), while maintaining the nation's lead in sacks per game (1.25). Smith also ranks fifth among active players in career sacks, and 11th in career tackles for loss. - Western Kentucky football

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=114373


Walter Stewart, DE, Cincinnati Bearcats (Senior)
Injury/Illness : Aggravated congenital spine defect
Status : Career ending

Quote:
10/30/12 - Cincinnati defensive end Walter Stewart's football career is over, his foster father Keith Fields told Bearcat Lair. Stewart has a congenital defect in his spine that was aggravated against Fordham Oct. 13. Fields told the website that Stewart was born without a posterior C1 arch. “Walt was injured on the fourth play of the game,” Fields said. “But he continued to play the rest of the game. The acute fracture of the front part of his arch revealed the problem with the C1.” Stewart has not played in the two games since the injury. In 44 career games, Stewart has 17.5 sacks. In the first six games on 2012 Stewart accumulated five sacks and seven tackles behind the line of scrimmage. An ideal blend of size and speed, Stewart (6-4, 250) was a sure NFL draft pick, with some scouts predicting him to go in the first round. “One scout told me that Walt would have never made it out of the first round,” Fields said. “He said that he meant it and wasn't just trying to make us feel better.” CBSSports.com ranks Stewart as the 175th best prospect in the 2013 class, and coach Butch Jones referred to him as one of the best leaders he's ever coached. “Whenever Walter Stewart talks, everybody listens,” Jones said last week. “When people suffer adversities, their true character comes out, and in very true Walter Stewart fashion he's handled everything the best I've ever seen a young adult handle it.” - Evan Hilbert, CBSSports.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84517&draftyear=2013&genpos=DE


Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina Tarheels (Senior)
Injury/Illness : Torn labrum in left shoulder
Status : Out for remainder of 2012 season

Quote:
10/26/12 - North Carolina starting offensive tackle Brennan Williams will miss the remainder of his senior season after surgery Thursday to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder, team spokesman Kevin Best announced. Williams hasn't played at 100% for much of the season and further injured his shoulder in the fourth quarter against Duke last Saturday. Williams currently ranks as NFLDraftScout.com's No. 2 senior offensive tackle and 38th prospect overall. At 6-7, 310 pounds, Williams has surprisingly light feet for his size with the length and frame to start on the right side in the NFL. He hadn't played with the same aggressiveness or consistent mean streak as of late, but the shoulder issue looks to be the culprit. In his latest mock draft, Rob Rang had the Tar Heels senior tackle slotted to the San Francisco 49ers in the late first round. In last Saturday's loss to Duke, Williams played the first three quarters, but left the field a minute into the fourth quarter, clutching his left arm. Senior starting right guard Travis Bond moved over to tackle for the final quarter against the Blue Devils and is expected to man the right tackle position for the remainder of the season. Bond is NFLDraftScout.com's No. 7 ranked senior offensive guard for the 2013 NFL Draft. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89848&draftyear=2013&genpos=OT

_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.


Last edited by nicfre2011 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:36 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 25917
Location: 321
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. Had no idea about Walter Stewart. That's tragic.

And watching the Lattimore injury unfold was so hard to watch. Really bummed out for him.


Chris Faulk had a season ending knee injury. I think it's pretty bad. I thought he would have been a top 5 pick.

John Boyett I think might have torn his patellar tendon. Not sure 100% but he is missing the whole season. I really liked him to be a darkhorse 1st round pick.

Brandon Jenkins missed the whole season. Not sure why. Probably a top 20 pick.
_________________

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5374
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Jenkins was lost for the year with a torn ACL
Jackson Jeffcoat went down for ht eyear with a torn pectoral
Walter Stewart has retired from football with a neck injury
Devon Kennard has missed the entire season torn pectoral
Armonty Bryant was kicked off the team for selling marijuana DURING practice.

Some of the DE prospect I have been keeping tabs on.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColumbusCrewzer


Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 8144
Location: VA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Reid tore his ACL. Didn't know that about Stewart either. That's awful. I actually just mocked him to somebody.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19967056/ex-seminole-greg-reid-tears-acl-out-for-2012
_________________


Last edited by ColumbusCrewzer on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6562
Location: SC
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Some of the injuries mentioned I was aware about. I will try and update the first post as I get time to include the updates.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A&M WR Ryan Swope admitted that the concussion he suffered in the Louisiana Tech game was the fourth of his college career. That's fairly significant.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 25917
Location: 321
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
A&M WR Ryan Swope admitted that the concussion he suffered in the Louisiana Tech game was the fourth of his college career. That's fairly significant.


I think Shea McClellin had like 8 of them.
_________________

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Meco


Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 2578
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
kenney wrote:
A&M WR Ryan Swope admitted that the concussion he suffered in the Louisiana Tech game was the fourth of his college career. That's fairly significant.


I think Shea McClellin had like 8 of them.


That was a myth.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 46864
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible to hear about Stewart.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6562
Location: SC
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keenan Allen, WR, California Golden Bears (Junior)
Injury/Illness : PCL injury to left knee
Status : Out 1 game, possibly several weeks

Quote:
11/01/12 - California junior wide receiver Keenan Allen suffered a PCL injury in his left knee and has been ruled out of Friday's contest against Washington. He hurt the knee late in the fourth quarter last week in the loss to Utah. Golden Bears' head coach Jeff Tedford announced Allen could be out for a few weeks. “Keenan won't play against Washington,” Tedford said. “We'll continue to evaluate him on weekly basis.” Considered a minor injury, Allen will be in the conversation to be the first wide receiver drafted in April if he declares early and decides to go pro. Since the summer, Allen has been NFLDraftScout.com's No. 1 rated wide receiver for the 2013 NFL Draft, frequently appearing in the top-10 of mock drafts. The Golden Bears need to win their final three games to be bowl-eligible, but that will become even more difficult without their best offensive player. Allen leads the team with 61 catches for 737 yards and six scores, averaging 12.1 yards per reception. Although he has struggled to match his gaudy statistics from last season (98 catches, 1343 receiving yards), Allen ranks top-10 in the conference in almost every receiving category. Allen is an attractive NFL prospect because of his combination of size, speed and reliable hands. The news of Allen being held out of Friday's home match-up against the Huskies is unfortunate because it would have been an excellent test to see the talented junior lined up across from cornerback Desmond Trufant, one of the Pac 12's best defensive backs. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=104807&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR

_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6562
Location: SC
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina Tarheels (Senior)
Injury/Illness : Torn labrum in left shoulder
Status : Out for remainder of 2012 season

Quote:
10/26/12 - North Carolina starting offensive tackle Brennan Williams will miss the remainder of his senior season after surgery Thursday to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder, team spokesman Kevin Best announced. Williams hasn't played at 100% for much of the season and further injured his shoulder in the fourth quarter against Duke last Saturday. Williams currently ranks as NFLDraftScout.com's No. 2 senior offensive tackle and 38th prospect overall. At 6-7, 310 pounds, Williams has surprisingly light feet for his size with the length and frame to start on the right side in the NFL. He hadn't played with the same aggressiveness or consistent mean streak as of late, but the shoulder issue looks to be the culprit. In his latest mock draft, Rob Rang had the Tar Heels senior tackle slotted to the San Francisco 49ers in the late first round. In last Saturday's loss to Duke, Williams played the first three quarters, but left the field a minute into the fourth quarter, clutching his left arm. Senior starting right guard Travis Bond moved over to tackle for the final quarter against the Blue Devils and is expected to man the right tackle position for the remainder of the season. Bond is NFLDraftScout.com's No. 7 ranked senior offensive guard for the 2013 NFL Draft. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89848&draftyear=2013&genpos=OT

_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reality_Check


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Posts: 3616
Location: Twitter
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Gragg is a significant prospect that's missed time w/ injury. Knile Davis (again) as well.
_________________
PowerElite wrote:
Tannehill is a wide receiver... Wilson is the midget Seahawks QB who I absolutely wouldn't have drafted
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6562
Location: SC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
11/05/12 - Maryland middle linebacker Demetrius Hartsfield is out for the season with a torn ACL. It's the latest in a series of serious injuries for the Terrapins, who have already lost four quarterbacks and starting wide receiver Marcus Leak for the year. Hartsfield, a senior, leads Maryland with 78 tackles. The injury occurred last Saturday in the second quarter of a 33-13 loss to Georgia Tech. Coach Randy Edsall says, ''This is another tough loss for the program. ... To have his senior year cut short is disheartening.'' Hartsfield has 3 1/2 sacks, an interception and two fumble recoveries. His 338 career tackles is ranks 15th in school history. Maryland (4-5, 2-3 Atlantic Coast Conference) has three games left in the season. The Terrapins play at No. 10 Clemson on Saturday. - AP Sports

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82953&draftyear=2013&genpos=OLB

_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6562
Location: SC
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abry Jones, DE, Georgia Bulldogs (Senior)
Injury/Illness : Ankle injury
Status : Out for the rest of the season

Quote:
10/25/12 - Abry Jones’ high school coach confirmed what had been floated around on social media and hinted by his Georgia coaches and teammates. The Bulldogs’ starting defensive end is likely out for the rest of the regular season after undergoing ankle surgery on Tuesday. Kevin Kinsler, the head coach at Northside High in Warner Robins, is the only one to provide anything resembling a confirmation and then only reluctantly so. But he did confirm that Jones underwent ankle surgery on Tuesday at St. Mary’s Hospital and is looking at a long recovery as a result. “I’ve just texted back and forth with his parents a little bit and that’s it,” said Kinsler, who was Jones’ defensive coordinator when he was at Northside. “All we know is the surgery went well and they were talking six to eight weeks. But we haven’t had a chance to sit down and talk with them or anything like that. I imagine it’s been pretty hectic up there.” Obviously the recovery time will mean Jones will likely be out the rest of the season with a shot of coming back for a post-Christmas bowl game. Jones’ absence with the Bulldogs will be felt on defense. Jones, a 6-foot-3, 308-pound senior, has started 26 games and played in 45 for the Bulldogs at defensive end. Jones had to sit out the Florida Atlantic game earlier this season with an injury to the same left ankle. He had 17 tackles before having to leave the Kentucky game this past Saturday on Georgia’s second defensive play. - Chip Towers, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=89647

_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6562
Location: SC
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Mauti, LB, Penn State Nittany Lions (Senior)
Injury/Illness : Left knee injury
Status : Out for the year

Quote:
11/19/12 - Penn State star linebacker Michael Mauti will miss Saturday's season finale against Wisconsin with a left knee injury. Coach Bill O'Brien made the announcement Monday. The team's worst fears came true after Mauti was carted off the field during the 45-22 win last week over Indiana. Mauti's college career came to an early end. The senior leader and emotional anchor for the Nittany Lions was instrumental in helping to keep most of the team together after the NCAA levied landmark sanctions in the offseason for the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal. Mauti and fellow senior Michael Zordich made impassioned pleas to stick with the program two days after the penalties were announced. In the end, 10 players transferred, but more than 90 percent of the roster stayed. - AP Sports

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=83634


Quanterus Smith, DE, Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (Senior)
Injury Illness : Torn left ACL
Status : Out for the year

Quote:
11/20/12 - Western Kentucky University senior defensive end Quanterus Smith will miss the remainder of the 2012 football season after suffering a torn left anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in the fourth quarter on Saturday against Louisiana-Lafayette. Smith will miss WKU's final regular season game against North Texas, and would also miss a bowl game, should WKU be selected. "Quanterus was having such an incredible season, and my heart goes out to him as he begins the process of recovering from this injury," WKU head coach Willie Taggart said. "It is unfortunate that this would happen to a kid that had worked so hard and was having such a great senior season, but I know that if there is one kid that can get through something like this, Quanterus is definitely that kid. I know that he will bounce back and will continue to be a senior leader for our football team for the remainder of this season."
The Loganville, Ga., native has put together one of the most decorated seasons of any defender in WKU football history, racking up 12.5 sacks and 18.5 tackles for loss in 2012. The 12.5 sacks this season sits just behind the Sun Belt Conference record of 13.0 sacks in a single season, while his 24.0 career sacks are tied for the conference record.
Smith has been named the Sun Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Week twice this season, while also earning honors from the College Football Performance Awards on four different occasions. Following his performance against Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday, Smith moved up to second in the nation in tackles for loss per game (1.85), while maintaining the nation's lead in sacks per game (1.25). Smith also ranks fifth among active players in career sacks, and 11th in career tackles for loss. - Western Kentucky football

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=114373

_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group