Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brian Waters update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Brian Waters update Reply with quote

Quote:
seeing questions re Waters: NE offered him *significant* pay raise, presumably as last-ditch effort, and he turned it down. this is on him.

http://twitter.com/shalisemyoung/statuses/248204361249984513

***Update***
Quote:
blog post upcoming expounding on last night's "significant pay raise" tweet and Waters. NE has bent over backwards to try to appease him.

http://twitter.com/shalisemyoung/statuses/248424044502867968

***Update***
Quote:
Got the official word on Waters. He will not be a free agent in '13 if he fails to show this season. His contract is tolled, or frozen.

http://twitter.com/GregABedard/statuses/264428797036724225
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this will silence the nay-sayers. This wasn't the Patriots' fault. They've done what they can. They got stood up.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belichick is a cheap idiot who keeps hurting the team with stupid and cheap personnel moves trying to prove he is smarter than he already is.

Spygate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Waters should know that his first priority in life is to me, the fan.

He has the rest of his life to enjoy his family, I need the Patriots to win now.

Seriously though, a real real real shame. I see us losing in the playoffs because of (once again) our OL getting man handled and getting Brady killed. Waters would help a lot with that.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
Brian Waters should know that his first priority in life is to me, the fan.

He has the rest of his life to enjoy his family, I need the Patriots to win now.

Seriously though, a real real real shame. I see us losing in the playoffs because of (once again) our OL getting man handled and getting Brady killed. Waters would help a lot with that.

The real shame in all of this is that it dragged out so long. I can't help but think that Belichick and co. expected Waters to be back some time between July and September.

Should they have tried to get an insurance policy? Yeah probably but that they didn't seems to indicate that they thought it was probable Waters would return.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Belichick is a cheap idiot who keeps hurting the team with stupid and cheap personnel moves trying to prove he is smarter than he already is.

Spygate.

Sigged.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waters has all the leverage because he knows how badly we need him.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Waters has all the leverage because he knows how badly we need him.

I don't think it's a money thing, i think it's a "i want to play close to home or not play at all" thing.
Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
blog post upcoming expounding on last night's "significant pay raise" tweet and Waters. NE has bent over backwards to try to appease him.

http://twitter.com/shalisemyoung/statuses/248424044502867968
Tom Brady Tribute
Sciz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/09/updating_the_wa.html

Quote:
The Patriots offered offensive lineman Brian Waters $4 million during training camp to play this season.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/09/updating_the_wa.html

Quote:
The Patriots offered offensive lineman Brian Waters $4 million during training camp to play this season.

Isn't he contracted at $1.4m this season??

That is a significant pay rise, he should come back and try and propel us to a SB so he can get a ring.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
finn54

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read that SMY article. Does Brian Waters actually think there is any chance the pats would let him go to the Texans, or anybody else for that matter? This whole situation has been very weird.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finn54 wrote:
Just read that SMY article. Does Brian Waters actually think there is any chance the pats would let him go to the Texans, or anybody else for that matter? This whole situation has been very weird.

Honestly at this point I just put him in a corner in my head and think he's retired.

I mean he obviously isn't coming back at this point. He contemplated retirement, basically still can play and somewhere still does, wants to be closer to home trading him to really the Texans are the only option, offer him raise still nothing.

He signed a two year contract and he's not showing up. At his age I wish for his sake and ours he would come back and play because its likely if he doesn't play now he's done entirely.

Waters is a great player who I have a great amount of respect for. Sadly though this situation makes me very tiresome of him and I rather stick out guys who want to be here and want to at least try to help this team compete.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but if they are offering him more than double his pay, and he still is holding out, absolutely no blame can be put on the pats org.

He is being selfish, plain and simple. He signed a contract and is not living up to it, I honestly don't wish anything bad upon him, but I don't think he deserves to go somewhere else and be successful and make money at this point.

Sig credit: Deadpulse
Babylon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pats have no reason to cut him loose and play for another organization.

But I don't care if he doesn't want to play, contracts are a two way street and organizations don't care to hold up their end, so neither should players.

I was hoping it was just a money thing, since he certainly deserved a large raise after last season, but if not and he just wants to be closer to his family, oh well, thanks for the great year, and enjoy the family life big guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: