Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: "Sparano Returns" Jets @ Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
Revis may have an ACL injury. Fudge.

I think his injury needs its own thread.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
Revis may have an ACL injury. Fudge.

Just
End
The
Season

Jamison.'s Gallery
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrelle Revis wrote:
Our DL gets zero pressure.

I wanna be happy about this, but there's no way anyone could watch this team the last two weeks and think it's any good.

But 2-1 it is.

THis. The New York Clowns are not a good football team. We have as bad of an offense as they come, and our defense just isnt good at all either. Were mediocre against the run and generate literally no pass rush. ANd watching Rex in the post game makes me want to punch him in his face. This was a disgusting game and theres no way he should be happy about it. Were going to get the absolutely $#!t kicked out of us at home, and honestly we need it. This is a p!ss poor football team.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manish Mehta wrote:
Santonio Holmes on his 9-catch, 147-yard game: "I just went out & played Santonio Holmes Football." #nyj
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
Other things to salvage from the win (what?) aside from Holmes:

Aside from two BS penalties, Eric Smith wasn't overwhelmingly awful. More like, mediocre. Can deal with that?

Devito is still a boss against the run.

Scott played well, for the most part.

Kerley

Uhh..

Wow, no other performances to speak of.

I think we found a punter
sandwhich

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
Other things to salvage from the win (what?) aside from Holmes:

Aside from two BS penalties, Eric Smith wasn't overwhelmingly awful. More like, mediocre. Can deal with that?

Devito is still a boss against the run.

Scott played well, for the most part.

Kerley

Uhh..

Wow, no other performances to speak of.

I think we found a punter

Yes! That's true, at least for now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
GangGreen718 wrote:
Powell should be the permanent starting RB.

Agreed. Here are the RB stats today:

Powell: 10 carries, 45 yards; 2 catches, 24 yards
Greene: 19 carries, 40 yards; 2 catches, 9 yards

Hey look Greene carried 19 times and we won again Wink

Seriously I've been a big supporter of Greene but enough is enough, he's got to be benched. Without that 9 yard run near the end, he would have averaged under two yards
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need Keller back, he's not the best blocker but you can tell Sanchez is missing him very badly in the receiving game. I really hope he will be good to go for Week 4.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Austin Howard look? looking at the stats, I'm starting to think we might have a long term answer at RT.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
How did Austin Howard look? looking at the stats, I'm starting to think we might have a long term answer at RT.

He wasn't bad. Wake did get by him a few times, but Sanchez did a pretty good job of escaping the pressure today.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

Wake had his number today, Sanchez did a great job of avoiding sacks but Wake was killing Howard on that speed rush.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
moham-17

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Manish Mehta wrote:
Santonio Holmes on his 9-catch, 147-yard game: "I just went out & played Santonio Holmes Football." #nyj

I didn't think it was possible for me to hate him any more than I already do. I guess I was wrong.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Howard played quite well. If you don't give up a sack to Wake, I think you played well. I've been happy with the pass protection all year so far. From left to right, I've been happy with the OL and their pass protection.

I make sure I single out pass protection, because they have been atrocious in run blocking. I was saying earlier how I can't quite figure out what is wrong, since all that is missing from the Jets being that dominant ground team is Damien Woody. Was Woody really that good? To be honest, I think Moore is a decent chunk of the problem. I'm not seeing him get a lot of push in the running game. Slauson should get plenty of blame as well. For a guy his size, I'm not seeing the movement. You have to think Conner has been a huge disappointment as well. That hasn't helped matters.

I really don't know who to pin blame on for this offense. Obviously, Sanchez has to play better, but a QB can only do so much when his receivers either don't get open, or they drop the ball. Today looked like the blame really shifted towards Sanchez though. He missed at minimum two throws that would have been TD's. Sanchez isn't an elite QB, he really needs help from the team around him to be successful, and right now he isn't getting that.

I've also been supremely disappointed in the defense, pretty much from top to bottom. The front line has generated so little pass rush, it's maddening. Where is Coples? Where is this super improved Wilkerson? Where is Maybin? McIntyre is our leading sacker, and he is really not that good at all. Wilkerson at least has been involved in some pressures and run defense, but Coples and Maybin have been completely invisible. I didn't even see Coples today.

The LB corps have been very unimpressive as well. Really not seeing any splash plays from Harris or Scott, and there's nothing coming from Pace at all anymore. I really hope Davis can become something. We desperately need some kind of juice in this defense.

The DB's have been alright, Landry has been a breathe of fresh air, but not everything we really need. Losing Revis for any extended time is going to really expose our depth.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
I've also been supremely disappointed in the defense, pretty much from top to bottom. The front line has generated so little pass rush, it's maddening. Where is Coples? Where is this super improved Wilkerson? Where is Maybin? McIntyre is our leading sacker, and he is really not that good at all. Wilkerson at least has been involved in some pressures and run defense, but Coples and Maybin have been completely invisible. I didn't even see Coples today.

Wilkerson has been arguably our second best player on defense this season, which is exactly what Rex and Pettine said he would be during the preseason.

Quote:
The LB corps have been very unimpressive as well. Really not seeing any splash plays from Harris or Scott, and there's nothing coming from Pace at all anymore. I really hope Davis can become something. We desperately need some kind of juice in this defense.

I thought Harris played very well today. He didn't have a great game last week, but he returned to his usual self today.
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that a win? Doesn't feel like it, at all.

Sort of the offense we were fearing to see before the season. Most of the offense offered nothing and this was one of Sanchez's worst performances in recent memory. I know he typically starts slow but I've pretty much given up on Shonn Greene, though at the same time I think Powell has earned more playing time. Austin Howard was getting clowned one-on-one almost every passing play and really if you did the math over half of our offense has probably come from Santonio Holmes DPI calls this season. Dustin Keller is certainly missed, and Tebow was a useless bell-and-whistle on offense when he's split out like he was today. Stephen Hill's first game looks more and more like a false dawn and he's the inexperienced rookie that can't be trusted to make an impact right now.

I was just so disappointed with Sanchez's play today. Really poor. I thought he played pretty well actually against Pittsburgh and was let down by the players around him, and while that certainly happened today too(Hill today was really poor) he missed some potential big plays down field and made some terrible decisions. The interceptions are a little ambiguous, you can argue they were the result of poor route running, but his second pick was so costly and any points would have made a difference at that point. Can't turn it over in the red zone.

Frankly on offense, especially right now without a healthy Keller, the unit just isn't that talented.

The defensive line got blown off the ball repeatedly in a way which I'd never have expected today and it gave Miami a lot of options. We still don't rush the passer, at all, possibly even worse than last season in fact. Outside of the superhuman Darrelle Revis, the Jets corners can't cover forever with a weak pass rush and if he's out for a significant period I really fear for the defense's ability to stop opponents.

Yet we're still 2-1, somehow. Hooray?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38

Jump to: