Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: "Sparano Returns" Jets @ Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapo28 wrote:
Would it be out of the question to man Revis up on Bush for the game? He's probably there biggest threat on offense running and receiving. Not to mention Cromartie can take on Bess and Wilson can take their #2 whom ever that is.

It'd be better for y'all to line Cromartie on Bush due to his athleticism and keep Revis on our #1 who is Hartline. He's a #3 WR on most teams but Tannehill has been showing him the most attention. 12 grabs for 161 yards through the first two.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that Revis called this game a must win. We all know how important this game is, but I sense they also want revenge from last year. I know Tony and Bell want this one. Im feeling confident about this one.
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Conner is listed as doubtful per Jets profile on NFL.com. Wonder who will take his place.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
John Conner is listed as doubtful per Jets profile on NFL.com. Wonder who will take his place.

Probably use a TE or just use sets that don't include a FB.

Also, your avy is way too big.
moham-17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I like that Revis called this game a must win. We all know how important this game is, but I sense they also want revenge from last year. I know Tony and Bell want this one. Im feeling confident about this one.

It's an important game, no doubt, but I don't think any week 3 games can be called a must win with so much football left to play. Granted, it's a division game, and we could really use the momentum (especially to keep the Tebow lovers at bay), but I doubt everything will fall apart if we lose.
s0wra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:

Reuland would be the FB if Connor doesn't play.

Sig by Jamison.
green24

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manish Mehta wrote:
I've been told Dustin Keller (hamstring) is out for tomorrow's game vs Dolphins. #nyj

Not good news.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets released Bryan Thomas to sign Donnie Fletcher off the PS squad. A bit surprised.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
Jets released Bryan Thomas to sign Donnie Fletcher off the PS squad. A bit surprised.

Wow. They must think McIntyre is for real. They should have signed Fletcher last week.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Cumberland is going to have to step up. Otherwise what good is he to this team? This is his opportunity to show he can play. Can't be looking like a fool out there like he did last year.

NO excuses this week. Mark has to step up and take accountability for his play. He needs to be the guy tomorrow that gets in done on offense. After last weeks performance, if a guys dropping passes he sits. I dont care if its Tone or HIll. Sparano needs to take a page of out parcells book and make his players on offense play with fear. Not fear of the opponent but fear of there position. You better play your @$$ off on every play or your replaceable. Thats exactly why Parcells got the most out of his players. We need more this attitude on the Jets.

These players are all too complacent because Rex just about breast feeds all them with compliments on how "great" they are. Maybe its time to call people out. Not outrageously but slightly. If a player has a bad game, dont make excuses for him, let it be known that we expect better otherwise were never going to get better. PLayers aren't supposed to always love their coach. THis is football, not baseball.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Manish Mehta wrote:
I've been told Dustin Keller (hamstring) is out for tomorrow's game vs Dolphins. #nyj

Not good news.

I'm not shocked. When he got hurt, I said it reminded me of Andre Johnson and that I wasn't confident that he would return as healthy as they hoped for. I hope Cumberland step up this time.
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Well Cumberland is going to have to step up. Otherwise what good is he to this team? This is his opportunity to show he can play. Can't be looking like a fool out there like he did last year.

NO excuses this week. Mark has to step up and take accountability for his play. He needs to be the guy tomorrow that gets in done on offense. After last weeks performance, if a guys dropping passes he sits. I dont care if its Tone or HIll. Sparano needs to take a page of out parcells book and make his players on offense play with fear. Not fear of the opponent but fear of there position. You better play your @$$ off on every play or your replaceable. Thats exactly why Parcells got the most out of his players. We need more this attitude on the Jets.

These players are all too complacent because Rex just about breast feeds all them with compliments on how "great" they are. Maybe its time to call people out. Not outrageously but slightly. If a player has a bad game, dont make excuses for him, let it be known that we expect better otherwise were never going to get better. PLayers aren't supposed to always love their coach. THis is football, not baseball.

Couldnt agree more
moham-17

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like our chances tomorrow, but I have this nagging/minuscule feeling of impending doom....

Is anybody else worried about Bush having a field day with our defense? He's a shiftier version of Spiller, and Spiller murdered us. If we let Bush start off hot, this game could get ugly for us.

From what I've heard the play-action is Tannehill's best friend right now, and so I think our best chance is to sell out on stopping the run early, and take that dimension away from them. I will say I really like our secondary against their pedestrian WR core though.
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no doubt we will win tomorrow. It might be close, but i think we'll win by double digits.

NOW, im even more excited about our Texans and SF games. We go 3-0 and it will shoot our confidence sky high. SF's offense is a pretty good match up with our defense. To be honest, Im more worreid about the Texans, but I'm exicted to play an elite team when OUR team is healthy. Revis being out isnt fair... hopefully that is obvious to our FO now. We're not the same team without him
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manish Mehta wrote:
Jets inactives: McElroy, Fletcher, Conner, Harrison, Landolt, Keller and Schlauderaff #nyj

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 3 of 38

Jump to: