Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: "Sparano Returns" Jets @ Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobby2times

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so confident about this game. Which Mark Sanchez are we getting this week?
glenearl18

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobby2times wrote:

Both weeks have been the same Sanchez. If you replace him in the Pit game with Aaron Rodgers or Brady they wouldn't have done anything at all either.
Arch[STUD]ent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be another long game if Revis isnt back. Kristian Dyer reported Revis practicing today but Im not sure if that means he is cleared to play Sunday? Having Revis will give our pass rush more time to pursue the QB. I think hitting Tannehill early and often and giving him very small windows to get the ball into is a huge recipe for success. It's imperative the Jets win Sunday.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobby2times wrote:

Regardless of what happened last week, thats the legitimate question that needs to be asked. Hes been Jekyll and Hyde for just about all his career. I'm really pulling for him this year but at some point were going to have to stop making excuses for him and just come to a conclusion on what he is. Is he a franchise caliber QB or is he a guy that is too inconsistant to be QB of even a top 15 offense? At the very least I'll take what Alex Smith has turned into because I think we can easily win that way, but we'd better start surrounding this kid with some weapons on offense and it has to start with a RB.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobby2times wrote:

Sanchez was not as bad as his numbers were vs the Steelers IMO. He was hurt from either WRs not getting open, or miscommunication (one play with Cumberland stuck out, Sanchez made the hot route on a blitz and Cumberland didn't even look back for the ball), or WRs dropping passes. He had a few bad throws (one real bad one which could have been a TD to Holmes that he overthrew), but for the most part was making good decisions , just wasn't helped out by teammates at all.

Sanchez also was under pressure, Lamar Woodley apparently had 7 QB pressures sunday, he won the match up vs Austin Howard, Sanchez was able to get away from pressure most of the day.

But basically, if WRs run the right routes, get open, and catch the ball. Sanchez will be fine this Sunday.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arch[STUD]ent wrote:
It's going to be another long game if Revis isnt back. Kristian Dyer reported Revis practicing today but Im not sure if that means he is cleared to play Sunday? Having Revis will give our pass rush more time to pursue the QB. I think hitting Tannehill early and often and giving him very small windows to get the ball into is a huge recipe for success. It's imperative the Jets win Sunday.

I don't think it means hes going to play yet, he still hasn't been cleared for contact. I don't care if its the Dolphins, we need Revis back. Same with Keller.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
bobby2times wrote:

Both weeks have been the same Sanchez. If you replace him in the Pit game with Aaron Rodgers or Brady they wouldn't have done anything at all either.

That's a pretty big stretch. Brady or Rodgers would have hit Holmes in the end zone on that second drive.

I actually agree with Manish that that play could have changed the game for the Jets.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
green24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
One more thing, let Powell start and let Green be the change of pace pounder. The NFl is a two back league you will only add to yout team if you go two headed monster.

I really want to see what Powell's got. Even if he's not starting, I want to see him take a good portion of the carries this weekend.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see Powell get more carries as well. I want to see Joe run the ball too. He only has 2 carries for 15 yards. Its not like we have an elite running back that should get all the carries.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis has been cleared for contact and, barring a setback, he is expected to play Sunday at Miami.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/248812777324556288

Excellent news. Having Revis on the field dramatically changes the defense and team.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Davey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Joe McKnight get involved more with the conventional offense, definitely. Powell I think earned more opportunities to carry the ball as well.

I wonder what Keller's status is. May be best to keep him off the field until he's completely healthy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Bush is going to tear us apart, on the ground and in the passing game. Even if he does we still should have a shot in this one Tannehill is going to be overwhelmed if we can get pressure.

Thanks Delphi^
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
I'd like to see Joe McKnight get involved more with the conventional offense, definitely. Powell I think earned more opportunities to carry the ball as well.

I wonder what Keller's status is. May be best to keep him off the field until he's completely healthy.

It looks like Keller will play on Sunday too along with Revis but I doubt he's 100% yet. I hope him playing doesn't drag this out even more throughout the year. We shouldn't need Keller to win this one so lets hope they are all making the right decision.

And I agree with ekill08x about the RB we are in desperate need of a stud back there.

We came up big in game 1 which was a must win and now so is this one. Let's hope the pressure doesn't get to them cause the Fins are always playing the Jets tough and this game (no matter how good each team is) is always tough.

20-13 Jets in a close one

Props to Mack on the sig
Sapo28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be out of the question to man Revis up on Bush for the game? He's probably there biggest threat on offense running and receiving. Not to mention Cromartie can take on Bess and Wilson can take their #2 whom ever that is.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in that second picture with Sparano and Rex, thats not Mangold thats Brett Roy behind them.

So that would be Brett Roy with an awkward stare

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 2 of 38

Jump to: