Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT: Lions (1-1) vs. Titans (0-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Lions
73%
 73%  [ 36 ]
Titans
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
Tie
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 49

Author Message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25771
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the replay of the last play of the game. It looks like Hill was very close, and the spot wasn't. Surprised that a play of that magnitude isn't sent upstairs immediately.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qball8001


Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 7934
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Just saw the replay of the last play of the game. It looks like Hill was very close, and the spot wasn't. Surprised that a play of that magnitude isn't sent upstairs immediately.


Because these refs are awful... they get bullied by the home town fans and coaches/players.
_________________
Lions are completely inept.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2810
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
Excluding ST coverage, our Dline was the biggest disappointment imo. I thought Tennessee's interior Oline was supposed to be terrible. We never really pressured Locker.


The interior players aren't very good individually, but as a unit the OL is very good at pass blocking. In the first couple games Locker held the ball a little too long here and there, and it's true that Roos got smoked a couple times by Chandler Jones, but by and large the pass blocking has been great. Today Locker was unloading quickly.

Tough game, good luck to you guys in the future. I like Schwartz, hope he gets things straightened out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TN4life


Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 313
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Just saw the replay of the last play of the game. It looks like Hill was very close, and the spot wasn't. Surprised that a play of that magnitude isn't sent upstairs immediately.


From what I saw, it did go upstairs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35331
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TN4life wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Just saw the replay of the last play of the game. It looks like Hill was very close, and the spot wasn't. Surprised that a play of that magnitude isn't sent upstairs immediately.


From what I saw, it did go upstairs.

Don't even matter. One blown call amongst many. No telling what a cleanly called game would have looked like. Either team may have been up 50 with no OT.

I watched every game in a season my favorite team went 0-16 and I can't watch this crap. Brutal.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
cibowilson


Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 2037
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillieYoungSon wrote:
First of all, we should have destoyed the Titans. The had 5 ridiculous touchdowns that should have never happened. 5.

Second, there are some players that should be no brainers to cut or trade. I have always been a big advocate for Pettigrew, but his head is just not in it. He drops too many passes, gets too many penalties, handed the ball to a defensive player, and is not the blocker he was advertised to be.

Jonte Green just really sucks. He is terrrible. Cannot even play special teams. He got scared of the blocker and then got plain run over on the kick return touchdown.

Im not mad at any one thing Logan did, but he should be cut. He just takes up roster space. Hes not an impressive returner and doesnt make plays on offense.


Stafford is hurt? Awesome.


Spot on. Totally agree. I've been saying this for awhile now. Green needs to get cut. There is no way you can tell me he is better then A. Smith. We need the best 54 on the team and Green wouldn't even make the top 80. As for Logan, he not good at anything. He's a terrible RB. Awful WR. And a mediocre KR. He got a screen pass today with two blockers in front and decided to out run his blockers. He needs to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DetroitWhat


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 2298
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol the media(madden ticker:) is making it like jim schwartz made an absolutely terrible call going for it. Even if he planned to go for it I don't see how it was a bad call with a terrible defense and no guarantee of getting the ball back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35331
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitWhat wrote:
lol the media(madden ticker:) is making it like jim schwartz made an absolutely terrible call going for it. Even if he planned to go for it I don't see how it was a bad call with a terrible defense and no guarantee of getting the ball back.

In the post game interview, Schwartz said the plan was to try to draw the defense offsides and if it didn't work to call a TO and kick the FG. But there was a miscommunication due to crowd noise.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Locke


Joined: 23 Nov 2010
Posts: 175
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
DetroitWhat wrote:
lol the media(madden ticker:) is making it like jim schwartz made an absolutely terrible call going for it. Even if he planned to go for it I don't see how it was a bad call with a terrible defense and no guarantee of getting the ball back.

In the post game interview, Schwartz said the plan was to try to draw the defense offsides and if it didn't work to call a TO and kick the FG. But there was a miscommunication due to crowd noise.


With that been said, if your an opposing coach on the road with the what could be final play of a crazy game, you should be factoring in crowd noise before you make that call.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35331
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locke wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
DetroitWhat wrote:
lol the media(madden ticker:) is making it like jim schwartz made an absolutely terrible call going for it. Even if he planned to go for it I don't see how it was a bad call with a terrible defense and no guarantee of getting the ball back.

In the post game interview, Schwartz said the plan was to try to draw the defense offsides and if it didn't work to call a TO and kick the FG. But there was a miscommunication due to crowd noise.


With that been said, if your an opposing coach on the road with the what could be final play of a crazy game, you should be factoring in crowd noise before you make that call.

Ya, can't disagree there. I am sure having your backup QB in don't help either, but as you said, it still should have been taken care of.

Don't matter, can't tell who won this or any other game this season anyhow. The whole game is slaughtered by ref calls. The players don't even know what to expect and can't even plan HOW to play, there is no consistency between calls, and no team can get any semblemce of "momentum" because the game is being stopped every other play while blatant penalties go unseen. This is no longer a game.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
LionsFan630


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 11255
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fact is Lions didn't play well enough to win the game. A slow start on offense and lapses on defense and special teams killed us.

Saw a stat that the Lions were the first team ever to allow 5 TD's of 60+ in a game. Of course they also were the only team to score 2 TD's in the final 18 seconds too but that's beside the point.

Liked what I saw from LeShoure but that's about it. Hope Stafford isn't hurt too bad, supposed to have an MRI tomorrow.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55636
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane game, guys. Good luck the rest of the way.
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SadLionFan00


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 14342
Location: Michigan State University
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of flukish TDs today. Both teams scored some insane TDs.
_________________
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Quote:
Trestman is a great coach but Cutler is already a pouty overconfident poo flinger. What more can he do with him?
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 73766
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
cibowilson wrote:
If we lose next week or I'm afraid our season is in real trouble.

Doesnt help that the Vikings are going into that game with unbelievable confidence.

well i don't know about that. yeah, the Vikes had a very nice win today, and were always leading in the score. but saying our confidence is at an unbelievable level is pretty strong.

see you guys next Sunday, feel free to come in to the Viking forum and give us your views, we love guests.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25580
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Maverick12 wrote:
cibowilson wrote:
If we lose next week or I'm afraid our season is in real trouble.

Doesnt help that the Vikings are going into that game with unbelievable confidence.

well i don't know about that. yeah, the Vikes had a very nice win today, and were always leading in the score. but saying our confidence is at an unbelievable level is pretty strong.

see you guys next Sunday, feel free to come in to the Viking forum and give us your views, we love guests.


With all due respect I'm not in much of a mood to do any cyber visiting. As much as I like the purple lounge I think I'm going to simply sit in the corner and cry like a school girl. Every time in the past 48 years I think the Lions have assembled a good team I get kicked in the stomach. Crying or Very sad
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 45 of 48

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group