Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT: Lions (1-1) vs. Titans (0-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Lions
73%
 73%  [ 36 ]
Titans
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
Tie
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 49

TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the replay of the last play of the game. It looks like Hill was very close, and the spot wasn't. Surprised that a play of that magnitude isn't sent upstairs immediately.

Team Stylish
qball8001

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Just saw the replay of the last play of the game. It looks like Hill was very close, and the spot wasn't. Surprised that a play of that magnitude isn't sent upstairs immediately.

Because these refs are awful... they get bullied by the home town fans and coaches/players.
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
Excluding ST coverage, our Dline was the biggest disappointment imo. I thought Tennessee's interior Oline was supposed to be terrible. We never really pressured Locker.

The interior players aren't very good individually, but as a unit the OL is very good at pass blocking. In the first couple games Locker held the ball a little too long here and there, and it's true that Roos got smoked a couple times by Chandler Jones, but by and large the pass blocking has been great. Today Locker was unloading quickly.

Tough game, good luck to you guys in the future. I like Schwartz, hope he gets things straightened out.
TN4life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

From what I saw, it did go upstairs.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TN4life wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

From what I saw, it did go upstairs.

Don't even matter. One blown call amongst many. No telling what a cleanly called game would have looked like. Either team may have been up 50 with no OT.

I watched every game in a season my favorite team went 0-16 and I can't watch this crap. Brutal.
cibowilson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillieYoungSon wrote:
First of all, we should have destoyed the Titans. The had 5 ridiculous touchdowns that should have never happened. 5.

Second, there are some players that should be no brainers to cut or trade. I have always been a big advocate for Pettigrew, but his head is just not in it. He drops too many passes, gets too many penalties, handed the ball to a defensive player, and is not the blocker he was advertised to be.

Jonte Green just really sucks. He is terrrible. Cannot even play special teams. He got scared of the blocker and then got plain run over on the kick return touchdown.

Im not mad at any one thing Logan did, but he should be cut. He just takes up roster space. Hes not an impressive returner and doesnt make plays on offense.

Stafford is hurt? Awesome.

Spot on. Totally agree. I've been saying this for awhile now. Green needs to get cut. There is no way you can tell me he is better then A. Smith. We need the best 54 on the team and Green wouldn't even make the top 80. As for Logan, he not good at anything. He's a terrible RB. Awful WR. And a mediocre KR. He got a screen pass today with two blockers in front and decided to out run his blockers. He needs to go.
DetroitWhat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol the media(madden ticker:) is making it like jim schwartz made an absolutely terrible call going for it. Even if he planned to go for it I don't see how it was a bad call with a terrible defense and no guarantee of getting the ball back.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitWhat wrote:
lol the media(madden ticker:) is making it like jim schwartz made an absolutely terrible call going for it. Even if he planned to go for it I don't see how it was a bad call with a terrible defense and no guarantee of getting the ball back.

In the post game interview, Schwartz said the plan was to try to draw the defense offsides and if it didn't work to call a TO and kick the FG. But there was a miscommunication due to crowd noise.
Locke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
DetroitWhat wrote:

In the post game interview, Schwartz said the plan was to try to draw the defense offsides and if it didn't work to call a TO and kick the FG. But there was a miscommunication due to crowd noise.

With that been said, if your an opposing coach on the road with the what could be final play of a crazy game, you should be factoring in crowd noise before you make that call.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locke wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
DetroitWhat wrote:

With that been said, if your an opposing coach on the road with the what could be final play of a crazy game, you should be factoring in crowd noise before you make that call.

Ya, can't disagree there. I am sure having your backup QB in don't help either, but as you said, it still should have been taken care of.

Don't matter, can't tell who won this or any other game this season anyhow. The whole game is slaughtered by ref calls. The players don't even know what to expect and can't even plan HOW to play, there is no consistency between calls, and no team can get any semblemce of "momentum" because the game is being stopped every other play while blatant penalties go unseen. This is no longer a game.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fact is Lions didn't play well enough to win the game. A slow start on offense and lapses on defense and special teams killed us.

Saw a stat that the Lions were the first team ever to allow 5 TD's of 60+ in a game. Of course they also were the only team to score 2 TD's in the final 18 seconds too but that's beside the point.

Liked what I saw from LeShoure but that's about it. Hope Stafford isn't hurt too bad, supposed to have an MRI tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane game, guys. Good luck the rest of the way.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of flukish TDs today. Both teams scored some insane TDs.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
cibowilson wrote:
If we lose next week or I'm afraid our season is in real trouble.

Doesnt help that the Vikings are going into that game with unbelievable confidence.

well i don't know about that. yeah, the Vikes had a very nice win today, and were always leading in the score. but saying our confidence is at an unbelievable level is pretty strong.

see you guys next Sunday, feel free to come in to the Viking forum and give us your views, we love guests.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Maverick12 wrote:
cibowilson wrote:
If we lose next week or I'm afraid our season is in real trouble.

Doesnt help that the Vikings are going into that game with unbelievable confidence.

well i don't know about that. yeah, the Vikes had a very nice win today, and were always leading in the score. but saying our confidence is at an unbelievable level is pretty strong.

see you guys next Sunday, feel free to come in to the Viking forum and give us your views, we love guests.

With all due respect I'm not in much of a mood to do any cyber visiting. As much as I like the purple lounge I think I'm going to simply sit in the corner and cry like a school girl. Every time in the past 48 years I think the Lions have assembled a good team I get kicked in the stomach. Crying or Very sad

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 45 of 48

Jump to: