Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots release WR Greg Salas, LB Mike Rivera, RB Hilliard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Patriots release WR Greg Salas, LB Mike Rivera, RB Hilliard Reply with quote

Quote:
The Patriots have released WR Greg Salas, LB Mike Rivera and RB Lex Hilliard, per a league source.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/248166355289911296
Tom Brady Tribute
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. I don't blame Belichick for the Salas move, but McDaniels. How do you coach a guy for a year and think he's worth trading for, but then cut him before he does anything?
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Huh. I don't blame Belichick for the Salas move, but McDaniels. How do you coach a guy for a year and think he's worth trading for, but then cut him before he does anything?

They gave up a late round 2015 pick for a few weeks to see if Salas could pick up the scheme or if they could catch lightning in a bottle.

An absolutely tiny risk for a potential decent payoff.

As it is, had Hernandez not gotten hurt, I'd bet that Salas would still be around. Can't have a gameday inactive project WR with Hernandez out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
As it is, had Hernandez not gotten hurt, I'd bet that Salas would still be around. Can't have a gameday inactive project WR with Hernandez out.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Salas brought back if Hernandez can get back on the field after the bye and they cut one of the tight ends.
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me to see Salas brought back if Hernandez can get back on the field after the bye and they cut one of the tight ends.

Heck, or as early as next week, when they're allowed to cut Hooasdppaosidjoi
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

I'm guessing Hoomanawanui is gone next week - they might try to get him on the PS (if he goes unclaimed off waivers). It will be interesting to see what the corresponding move will be. The obvious places for an addition would be RB/FB or a project WR like Salas.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

I'm guessing Hoomanawanui is gone next week - they might try to get him on the PS (if he goes unclaimed off waivers). It will be interesting to see what the corresponding move will be. The obvious places for an addition would be RB/FB or a project WR like Salas.
Hoomazoomazooma isn't PS eligible.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

Considering he was signed off the Redskins practice squad, I'd say he is. As far as I know, once the 3 week period has passed, there is nothing preventing the Pats from cutting and signing Hoomanawanui to the practice squad.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

Considering he was signed off the Redskins practice squad, I'd say he is. As far as I know, once the 3 week period has passed, there is nothing preventing the Pats from cutting and signing Hoomanawanui to the practice squad.
Have the PS rules changed since last year? He's credited with 19 game appearances.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Have the PS rules changed since last year? He's credited with 19 game appearances.

Never more than 8 in a season, so he's fine.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good riddance Lex Hilliard.

Deadpulse on the sig
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Never more than 8 in a season, so he's fine.
Huh. Guess I was a bit confused on that one.

BlaqOptic wrote:
patsfan25

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

You're doing it wrong....

Aite,

peace.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats will re-sign Salas to the practice squad

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/248560208455036928

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: