Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coming Home: Philadelphia Eagles @ Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
I do not know if it has been said already but AZ did not blitz often. I know they blitzed when Eagles went for it on 4th down late in the game, but they did not blitz heavily for a second straight week.

Odd considering in the off season Ray Horton said he would bring the heat every chance he got.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the Cardinals first double digit win since December 12, 2010, or as remember by most, the Jay Feely game. Tim Hightower rushed for two scores and close to a buck fifty, Jay Feely outscored the Broncos by himself and Dockett returned a fumble for a TD.

In each of the last three Cardinals wins by double digits a touchdown has been scored on defense. All three of those players were on the field today; Sanders, Dockett and...DRC.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
iRobot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:
No matter what happens on Monday Night Arizona will finish the week 1st in the NFC West.

Hopefully that 2nd half gave Horton enough Ammo to keep that defensive unit working.

I don't think Ray Horton will have any problem getting these guys to go back to work.

Did it without A-Dub today too. Unreal.

Sadly Ray Horton will be motivating a different group of players next season.

Doubt it. He said he wants to win a SuperBowl as a coordinator And head coach. So unless we win the SuperBowl...... then maybe he is gone after all.
AlexM23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game Kolbs.

Your defence was sick today. The safety play was great and Washington is an elite LB. It was nice to see Kolb play well too.

Kiltman on the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
Doubt it. He said he wants to win a SuperBowl as a coordinator And head coach. So unless we win the SuperBowl...... then maybe he is gone after all.

I kind of what him to have a Lebeau like career with us.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
iRobot wrote:

I kind of what him to have a Lebeau like career with us.

Or at least stay on long enough that somebody on our team (Coffie, Townsend, Reich) can get enough experience under him to pick up where he left off.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DRC29 INT wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
U of P pretty rocking huh?

It was loud. First half was really loud.

Sounded crazy after Sanders TD,

It was intense. Would have been crazier if Roberts catch and run hadn't come back. Crowd showed up today, maybe we finally have a real home field advantage.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:

It was intense. Would have been crazier if Roberts catch and run hadn't come back. Crowd showed up today, maybe we finally have a real home field advantage.

We haven't before? Our crowds are usually pretty great. I don't blame them for being mediocre during the Derek Anderson year, 1st half of last season .. I could barely watch, much less cheer.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still giddy over today's win...can't stop smiling. Gawd, I love this defense!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been going to Cardinals games for 18 years now. I remember going to Sun Devil Stadium under coach McGinnis in 110 heat and seeing more Cowboys jerseys than Cardinals jerseys at a Cardinals-Falcons game. This team actually has a home field and a real home field advantage

There were a lot of Eagles fans at the game. To put a percentage on it, I would say that Eagles fans made up at least 1/4 of the people there. There were a lot of Eagles jersey wearing fans at the game without a doubt. But the crowd is loud and has sold out U of P for 66 consecutive games. No blackouts here so take that San Diego, Tampa and Jacksonville.

Justo on the sig
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 1/4 is pushing it. There were a good amount, but definitely not 25%.

15% if you ask me.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRC29 INT wrote:
love2theOLINE wrote:

We haven't before? Our crowds are usually pretty great. I don't blame them for being mediocre during the Derek Anderson year, 1st half of last season .. I could barely watch, much less cheer.

What games do you go to? Besides the times you see a wide range of the opposing fans *cough* Steelers, Cowboys, Bears, usually Philly *cough* Our fans don't know when to yell in support of the Defense or be quiet in support of the Offense. Most of the time unless you are being told to get loud they don't, did you notice the new videos(Campbell and Peterson) telling the fans to get loud. Don't even get me started on the "Let's go Cardinals" chant that started as we had the ball, do you want a false start? Or the times we have the ball on 4th down and the crowd is screaming there head off....... Sometimes you wonder whose side they are on. It is a process to teach the crowd and the Cardinals are trying but look at the advantage Seattle has with knowledgeable fans. I really never understood until I went to a Suns game and they pipe in the Defense chant, One time I want to here more than my section shouting DEFENSE in between plays.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig

Last edited by love2theOLINE on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a call 30 minutes before the game and a friend said he had a no-show...wanna come? Being 10 minutes from UoP Stadium I was there in 9. Having read the posts about the crowd, I personally thought the opposing crowd was unusually light compared to days gone by. Granted Eagles fans didn't have much to go crazy about, but the Cards' crowd just dominated when the moment was right.
To what love2theOLINE posted, I was kind of shocked when the Eagles were 1st and goal from the 1 at the end of the 2nd half and the Cards' fans were relatively quiet while I was screaming my lungs out to hold them. Finally on 3rd and goal the crowd came to life. But whether Cards fans are "intelligent or not, I don't care. I do know that the days of opposing teams fans being 50% or greater are gone.
What a game and thank you to the Eagles for the 3 turnovers that the Card capitalized on all 3 times. Something we rarely see.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:
No matter what happens on Monday Night Arizona will finish the week 1st in the NFC West.

Hopefully that 2nd half gave Horton enough Ammo to keep that defensive unit working.

I don't think Ray Horton will have any problem getting these guys to go back to work.

What jobs will be opening? Cleveland?? That team has no future... Maybe the Raiders?

I guess in the end it doesn't matter -

Head Coach for any team >>>>>> Coordinator

The Rebuild Has Begun...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:

What jobs will be opening? Cleveland?? That team has no future... Maybe the Raiders?

I guess in the end it doesn't matter -

Head Coach for any team >>>>>> Coordinator

Philly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

Jump to: