Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coming Home: Philadelphia Eagles @ Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
I officially want to know why the Cards bothered to bring Stewart Bradley back. I believe he can be a good player in the system but he is not playing.

Because he's cheap depth.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
By the way I am also sick off people behind us calling security to try to get us to sit down on Defense, every time this happens then the security guard just turns around as we are doing what we should do.

1. Are these people STH’s?
2. Have you ever asked them to join in with you?
3. I was once asked to sit down and I turned around and said “If anybody needs the crowd now it’s the defense. So stand and yell your lungs out.” A bunch of disciples joined in and that section egged everyone on from that point forward to stand and scream and yell. Just need a little guidance I suppose.
4. Unfortunately, there is a Code of Conduct that addresses this but it is so wide open to how you interpret it it’s almost useless….and here it is: “Excessive standing in seating areas which blocks the view of other ticket holders will not be tolerated.” It can be found at http://prod.static.cardinals.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/2012/Stadium/A-Z%20Guide_COC.pdf. (Has to be copied and pasted into the address bar.) So what is excessive? If you’re an opposing fan then I guess it’s every play they are on offense.

This is kind of what I was referring to when misused the word unintelligent. They're just a little ignorant to how they probably should act when the D is on the field.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Dan Williams played just 11 snaps yesterday.

He played well in those 11 snaps I though, I understand why Ray Horton is playing him an minimally as he is and I certainly don't think his playing 11 snaps is hurting the defense any BUT, it really sucks to see our 2010 1st round pick playing in just 17% of our defensive plays. Gross miss-use of resources there.

When teams are spreading it out more than ever, the first player to come off the field is going to be your NT, to be replaced by a defensive back. The Patriots were in 3 wide pretty much the entire game and had receiving threats at TE, of course Dan was not going to play much. The you look at the Eagles and what their gameplan usually is, throw the ball, so you take your NT our and put in a DB.

Against a team like the 49ers I expect to see a lot more of Dan as his presence there is a big thing for our defense against a team that is going to want to run the football.

Got to put the best players on the field for a given situation. Play the matchups. If someone is going to go four wide, I don't care if your NT is Casey Hampton in his prime, he is going to come off the field when you have Dockett and Campbell on your DL.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Dan Williams played just 11 snaps yesterday.

He played well in those 11 snaps I though, I understand why Ray Horton is playing him an minimally as he is and I certainly don't think his playing 11 snaps is hurting the defense any BUT, it really sucks to see our 2010 1st round pick playing in just 17% of our defensive plays. Gross miss-use of resources there.

When teams are spreading it out more than ever, the first player to come off the field is going to be your NT, to be replaced by a defensive back. The Patriots were in 3 wide pretty much the entire game and had receiving threats at TE, of course Dan was not going to play much. The you look at the Eagles and what their gameplan usually is, throw the ball, so you take your NT our and put in a DB.

Against a team like the 49ers I expect to see a lot more of Dan as his presence there is a big thing for our defense against a team that is going to want to run the football.

Got to put the best players on the field for a given situation. Play the matchups. If someone is going to go four wide, I don't care if your NT is Casey Hampton in his prime, he is going to come off the field when you have Dockett and Campbell on your DL.

I completely understand that, which is where my bolded comment comes in. I'm just saying, looking back, if this is where our defense is going the 2010 1st round pick was completely miss-used.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is how you block in the running game.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can he play tackle ?

Btw how did our 2 youngsters go?

Must have been ok, I haven't heard any negativity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

That is how you block in the running game.

Really a heady play by ex-Card DRC!! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The league has changed Daryl Washington's 12 yard sack to a 12 yard tackle for loss and Sam Acho's 0 yard stuff of Michael Vick was changed to a sack.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
The league has changed Daryl Washington's 12 yard sack to a 12 yard tackle for loss and Sam Acho's 0 yard stuff of Michael Vick was changed to a sack.

Interesting on the Washington play, I thought that was a sack all the way, he and Campbell almost met at Vick on that play (assuming that is the play it refers too)

The Acho play is the Forced Fumble?
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the first half of the game. Came away nothing but impressed with Kolb. He looks like changed QB from what he was last season. He is confident. He is stepping up into the pocket, he is making good decisions with the ball and making good throws.

Colour me surprised, but if this is the Kolb we have from now on, that trade takes on a whole different look.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Just watched the first half of the game. Came away nothing but impressed with Kolb. He looks like changed QB from what he was last season. He is confident. He is stepping up into the pocket, he is making good decisions with the ball and making good throws.

Colour me surprised, but if this is the Kolb we have from now on, that trade takes on a whole different look.

Mistakes and turnovers are way dowen and the way this team is built that means alot.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
khodder wrote:

Mistakes and turnovers are way dowen and the way this team is built that means alot.

Exactly what we need right there. This defense is going to keep us in games IF we don't put them into bad situations. No turnovers that give the other team the ball at our 20, no pick 6s. If it's not there, it's not there. Cut your losses and punt the ball. Zastudil's been punting the ball well too. Just don't put the defense into a no-win situation.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've heard/read.. it seems like once the defense or coaches put the mentality into Kolb's head that punting is acceptable, he changed his play. He was no longer trying to go all nuts to make a play.. he was just relaxing and playing the game. If he moved the chains, it's great.. if we just couldn't do it on that drive and had to punt, it was okay.. not great, but okay.

Kolb has looked different thus far. I don't know if there was a monkey on his back related to being the starter and having something to prove. All of it's gone now.

He lost the job. He lost the competition. He stood to lose his contract at the end of the season.

It was like, all of that off his back.. whatever was coming, was coming regardless. He looked at it, decided to not accept it and just play football.

His decision making is quicker.. he isn't forcing anything thus far really (the Floyd TD was forced but it was a tight window and it wasn't like Kolb of the past where he was scrambling around trying to find somewhere to throw and just launched the ball somewhere on the field).

Like Khodder said.. if he continues to play like this and GROWS with this offense into something even better, this trade will be re-eval'd to look much better for Arizona, possibly.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

That's actually one thing that still frustrates me about Kolb. He still has that problem where he doesn't step up in the pocket. He does it more but it's still an issue with him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Page 33 of 33

Jump to: