Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coming Home: Philadelphia Eagles @ Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiltman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

Where are the major upgrades on the Philadelphia defense/offense from last season?

The Cardinals D only gave up 10 points to Philly last season (pick to 6 Asante Samuel), and the Cards O posted 21 last season.

Not that last season is going to repeat itself, but overall the Cardinals are a slightly better defensive team now than they were at the stage they played the Eagles last season, while the offensive unit is very similar.

Defense is pretty different with Demeco, Kendricks, improved safety play, even more talent added to the Dline, and no more Asante....who was a big liability last year. Now that DRC and Nnamdi are starting and flexible they can do a lot more in trying to stop Fitzgerald.

Only difference on offense is Desean is playing, he was out last year.

Our D is miles ahead of where it was in the middle of last year.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be an interesting game between two 2-0 teams that have a lot of questions. Whoever wins should gain a lot of respect, whatever that's worth.

khodder wrote:
Where are the major upgrades on the Philadelphia defense/offense from last season?

The biggest difference is that we have good linebackers for the first time in nearly a decade. Ryans and Kendricks have been playing lights out.

The other main difference is at CB. Asomugha and DRC are being used properly in a press-man scheme. Castillo intended that to be the case last season, but obviously Samuel was incapable of pressing anyone. DRC probably won't try to press Fitz too much, as DRC likely lacks the strength to get away with that against such a physical WR. Also, DRC and Nnamdi play sides, not receivers, at LCB and RCB respectively.

Offensively, not much has changed, mainly relying on better play from the players we had. Biggest difference would be season-ending injuries to Peters and Kelce, and a healthy Brent Celek (played with fairly serious injuries, including a sports hernia, all last season).
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
First huge test for our pass protection this weekend as well. Babon and Cole, Fletcher Cox inside, Graham plays quite a bit I believe. They're gonna come after us guns blazing. We're gonna see lots of 2-3 TEs I'm guessing.

Will be interesting to see the health of Heap then.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team needs to gameplan the same as last season which threw Vick off his game. Vick got hurt pretty bad and I don't want to see that happen but they need to wear him down if he tries to roll out.
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More worried about McCoy than anyone else. Vick is a turnover machine and with the pressure we generate? Laughing .. then again, we don't force many turnovers. We just get stops it seems.

It'll be a close game, as will any game involving us because of our inept offense. I picked us to win, so Cards 17 Eagles 13.
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRC29 INT wrote:
More worried about McCoy than anyone else. Vick is a turnover machine and with the pressure we generate? Laughing .. then again, we don't force many turnovers. We just get stops it seems.

It'll be a close game, as will any game involving us because of our inept offense. I picked us to win, so Cards 17 Eagles 13.

Can also be said about Kolb..
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game should be won by Sendlien, Snyder, and Collidge. If they can give Williams and Wells solid run blocking up the middle we should take the game.

That and if Reid still hasn't changed the play calling, the nice part of having Kolb on the sideline last year.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
DRC29 INT wrote:

Can also be said about Kolb..

Indeed, but I wasn't talking about him..
AlexM23

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible NFC Championship game!? Very Happy

Hopefully this game goes better than our last trip to Arizona

Kiltman on the sig
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:

A lot of people forget that was almost the worst collapse in the NFL playoff history. When D-Jax scored on that bomb I lost my mind. Phew!

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:

A lot of people forget that was almost the worst collapse in the NFL playoff history. When D-Jax scored on that bomb I lost my mind. Phew!

That game still hurts, it was such a special run. Dawkins' last year, McNabb actually playing clutch, Jim Johnson's last season before he passed...man that sucked.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
First huge test for our pass protection this weekend as well. Babon and Cole, Fletcher Cox inside, Graham plays quite a bit I believe. They're gonna come after us guns blazing. We're gonna see lots of 2-3 TEs I'm guessing.

Graham's actually only played 8 snaps so far

But we have 9 Dlinemen that we rotate in (4 DTs, 5 DEs) and all of them are very good pass rushers

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

But we have 9 Dlinemen that we rotate in (4 DTs, 5 DEs) and all of them are very good pass rushers

Ok, still that's my point. You've got a team loaded with pass rushers and an aggressive scheme. Our pass protections need to be as heavy as we can possibly get.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Graham played 9 snaps last game, rushed the passer 4 times. Got 4 hurries. His playing time should increase against Arizona.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardinals fans, get your Kolb bobble heads out and be ready for some action. Good ole Kevin boy is facing his former club, and you know he wants this one bad. I expect nothing but the best from your team, as they are playing rather well right now. Should be a good game.

Best of luck to both sides, and let's hope for no more injuries.

Feel free to stop by our GDT if you like:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14653335#14653335

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 2 of 33

Jump to: