Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why Don't We Go After DERRIK MASON...then drop Coles?!......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N8DOGGS HOGS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Why Don't We Go After DERRIK MASON...then drop Coles?!...... Reply with quote

I think Derrik Mason would be a good replacement for Coles if he does leave! I think we get rid of Rod Garder as well, get what we can for him and replace him with either Mike Williams or Braylen Edwards. Drop James Thrash who i think is a FA anyway.

DERRIK MASON
MIKE WILLIAMS / BRAYLON EDWARDS
TAYLOR JACOBS

OR

LAVERNIOUS COLES
MIKE WILLIAMS / BRAYLON EDWARDS
TAYLOR JACOBS

Everyone feels like the skins will be horrible if Coles leaves, not the case! If he does leave then we have to go out and get someone to replace him (ie MASON, BURRESS etc) THEN we draft EDWARDS or WILLIAMS to replace Gardner and have the speedy Jacobs as the third wide out.

We need to upgrade the center position as well, in free agency or the draft.

Fred Smoot is likely gone...and there is a possibilty that S ROLLE will join the fold. If healthy I think he is better than Smoot, but again he will have a big price tag! Not a bad replacement if Smoot DOES leave, if not an upgrade.

I hope we sign ANTONIO PIERCE because Im not sure how well BARROW will actually be if he ever gets healthy. So we may need to draft or pick someone else up if he goes elsewhere.

We could use a BIG upgrade at TE position as well (ie HEATH MILLER)

CHRIS SAMUALS and MARK BRUNELL NEED to be team players and restructure their contracts to give us some much needed cap space to make some of these moves in order to fill our needs! BRUNELL should follow in RICH GANNONS shoes and go from 8MIL a year to 800,000!

There are many situations that can play out many different ways...i have faith that GIBBS will make some good offseason decisions and try not to OVERPAY people. We need to be aggressive but don't give up the farm! I Don't think we can afford to give up many more draft picks either, I think you have to build your team with young draft picks AND some free agents, there is a happy medium there! (ie Patriots)

Let me know what you think the Skins need to do and what you do and don't agree with! Go SKins
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really wish if coles wants to leave really bad we should go after a team that will give us like a 1st round pick and a 3rd or something that would be nice cuz we would get some more draft picks and we could pick up heath miller
e16bball

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I do agree that there is no need to spend the farm this offseason. However, I don't agree about dropping Coles and picking up Mason. If this was a fantasy league, yes perhaps I would think about it. I still think Coles is better, but with him being disgruntled and all that, I would think on it. However, there is no way that the change from Mason to Coles is worth the hit we would take by releasing Coles. So no, not Derrick Mason. Stick with Coles.

Samari Rolle is a good pickup, though I'm not really sure why we would sign him to a bigger contract than the one to which we are trying to sign Smoot. So much for keeping the core intact.

Mike Williams is THE draft target. Period.

Heath Miller is not worth where we would have to draft him, we are much better off getting a low-profile blocking TE in FA. TEs don't catch much with Gibbs, the H-Back does. TE is more of a glorified lineman.

It would definitely be nice if that pair both restructured. Samuels will I think, Brunell may not.

We also definitely need a center upgrade.
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say if brunell doesnt restructure his contract we release him because he really sucks we spent to much money on him i think if hes a team player he will restructure his deal just like rich gannon did
WashingtonRedskins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: 1 goal Reply with quote

1 goal in the offseason-Pick up MIKE or BRAYLON, drop coles also, having an unhappy player will only hurt us.
WhySkins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem with trading coles now is that he wants a contract extension wherever he goes and has said he will sit out training camp if he goes somewhere and doesn't get one. no team will take a player who says that, and it looks like now we'll be stuck with him unless we release him.
Dogs of war

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading Coles will be a $9 million cap hit and releasing Burnell is an
$8 million cap hit.
Neither one of those is an option for the Skins at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: