Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikes waive Gurley; sign Kropog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Vikes waive Gurley; sign Kropog Reply with quote

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Vikings_waive_Tori_Gurley_off_practice_squad_sign_tackle_Troy_Kropog091812

Quote:
The Vikings announced on Tuesday they've waived Gurley off the practice squad and replace him with tackle Troy Kropog, who appeared in seven games over parts of three seasons with Tennessee.

Vikings have waived WR Tori Gurley and have signed OT Troy Kropog to the practice squad.

This is probably barely newsworthy to have its own thread, but nevertheless, discuss!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

er... he wasn't enough of a Gurley man, maybe...?

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRO: Troy Kropog is a quick, agile offensive lineman that possesses good size and a strong work ethic.  The 6-foot-6-inch, 308-pounder has the ability to play both tackle and guard in the NFL and will compete for a top reserve role on the Titans’ offensive front.

http://www.titansonline.com/team/roster/Troy-Kropog/462f1415-8918-4299-9825-6ccf18cad23c
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was probably a good move. MN has 5 active WRs, Jerome Simpson waiting in the wings and Chris Summers. When you look at the OT depth, there really isnt much. Whether or not Kropog can make it to the active roster remains to be seen, but im glad to see MN adding more depth at OT. It was needed.
Nzd07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurley was our 2nd best WR according to Packer fans. Fire our WR scouts. Laughing
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
Gurley was our 2nd best WR according to Packer fans. Fire our WR scouts. Laughing

Will MN forever regret the day they released the legend that is, Tori Gurley. at the end of the day, Gurley is an oversized WR probably doesnt have the ability to separate at the next level.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suggest MINN fans stay out of the GB forum in discussing this issue. from what's been posted so far there, it's more about trying to pick fights than football. best to just avoid it all together.

just my suggestion.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i suggest MINN fans stay out of the GB forum in discussing this issue. from what's been posted so far there, it's more about trying to pick fights than football.

just my suggestion.

That is probably best. Its quite comical, all this over some guy named Gurley.
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tori Gurley was by no means ready to take on a high leverage role, but he is a good receiver with quality #2/big-slot potential. I think we'll continue to monitor him if we have a need for a back-end WR again in the future (as in later this season, if necessary).

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, I wanted Dale Moss in the first place, not Gurley. He's as tweener as they come, besides, we have Chambers on the PS to be the next man up.

PS: I see PP07 mentioning it, and I've read it this season in quite a few articles.

''high leverage situations'', has this suddenly become a fashionable expression? Confused

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
Meh, I wanted Dale Moss in the first place, not Gurley. He's as tweener as they come, besides, we have Chambers on the PS to be the next man up.

PS: I see PP07 mentioning it, and I've read it this season in quite a few articles.

''high leverage situations'', has this suddenly become a fashionable expression? Confused

Who's Chambers?

Chris Summers?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:

I haven't noticed. I've used the term pretty sparingly, but it's unequivocally part of my evaluation vocabulary.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Kellerman wrote:

Who's Chambers?

Chris Summers?

I meant Summers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: