Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harris, Holmes, and Cromartie on Forbes NFL most overpaid...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skrILL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering how one-dimensional Harris is, I wouldn't disagree that he deserves to be on this list. #1 is a little harsh.

Holmes I agree with, Cromartie I do not. He's underrated if anything. He would be a #1 CB on most teams.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
green24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Considering how one-dimensional Harris is, I wouldn't disagree that he deserves to be on this list. #1 is a little harsh.

Holmes I agree with, Cromartie I do not. He's underrated if anything. He would be a #1 CB on most teams.

Even if he is one-dimensional, I would not consider $9M per year overpaid for Harris. If you exclude players on rookie contracts, that is around the norm for a LB of his caliber. Player such as DeMeco Ryans, Jerod Mayo, and Lawrence Timmons, received contracts worth slightly less money annually, but for more years. I do not think Harris is overpaid or undeserving of his contract. He is probably the second best player on our defense.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris is slightly overpaid, that's true. But not #1. He's always been on the fringe of that top-5 level. But he's not Willis or Lewis, so I can't say he deserves all that money.

An interesting note is that starting next year, according to nyjetscap.com, the Jets will save money by ending each of those contracts.

Bottom line though, the Jets have a lot of money tied up into guys that aren't producing at that level. I could see them doing a lot of financial moves this offseason.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Rich51

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a doubt, imo Holmes is the most overpaid player on the jets. He must have had 4 or 5 drops last week. If he finishes the year with 70 or so receptions, I'll take it back, but right now I'm hoping he's off the team next season.

I like Harris but IMO he is overpaid (not #1). I think in 2009 he should have made the pro bowl but since than he's just been a "good" player. Bleacherreports.com has him rated as the 47th best lb but they have Scott at 27th so I don't think that they're a good indicator.

I think Cro is worth the money.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
Without a doubt, imo Holmes is the most overpaid player on the jets. He must have had 4 or 5 drops last week. If he finishes the year with 70 or so receptions, I'll take it back, but right now I'm hoping he's off the team next season.

I like Harris but IMO he is overpaid (not #1). I think in 2009 he should have made the pro bowl but since than he's just been a "good" player. Bleacherreports.com has him rated as the 47th best lb but they have Scott at 27th so I don't think that they're a good indicator.

I think Cro is worth the money.

They know NOTHING. Laughing

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am ashamed of everyone's opinion on Harris.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

I am too. Laughing I think he's the second best player on our defense.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

The thing about it for me is his salary is taking away from more impactful positions (ie pass rushing OLB) You can find decent replacement for an ILB, getting a stud pass rusher is more important.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris and Cro do their job well enough. You can live with those contracts, especially Harris since he keeps his mouth shut and plays at a high enough level.

Holmes, however, does not. His contract is absolutely disgusting and its ridiculous the way he played Rex/Tanny like a fiddle. If he was worth 45/5 he would find a way to beat double coverage rather than use it as an excuse to why hes not producing.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

The thing about it for me is his salary is taking away from more impactful positions (ie pass rushing OLB) You can find decent replacement for an ILB, getting a stud pass rusher is more important.

If theres one thing i've learned about this regimes drafting/personnel tendencies, its that a pass rushing OLB is not a priority.
Davey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
Harris makes $9M per year on average. That's not drastically overpaid.

I believe it's just over 7m annually, actually. Signed a four year extension but that was tacked on to the last year of his original deal, so it was five years, 36m.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
Harris makes $9M per year on average. That's not drastically overpaid.

I believe it's just over 7m annually, actually. Signed a four year extension but that was tacked on to the last year of his original deal, so it was five years, 36m.

So that's less money than Jerod Mayo and Demeco Ryans make annually and for less years. That's a very good deal for a player of his caliber.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea that Harris led the Jets with only 65 tackles Shocked

That seems like such a low number for a team-high.

An outsider's perspective: Holmes is overpaid, Harris is somewhat, and Cromartie is just about right.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
I had no idea that Harris led the Jets with only 65 tackles Shocked

He had 86. That's still his low for a full season.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
Rich51

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

You guys are probably right, Harris might be their second best defensive player. I can't think of anybody better except maybe Cro on good days, but I'm into stats and his have really dropped off the last two years. In 2009 he was 3rd among ILBs in tackles. He was 16th in 2010 and 17th last year. If you include all MLB those numbers drop to 5th, 25 th, and 30th. So just going by those stats I can see why he would be considered overpaid.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: