Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Three: Tampa Bay (1-1) @ Dallas (1-1) GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more worried about this game than I was about the Giants game. Defensively we just can't match-up with Dez and Miles. Ogletree could go off too.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@TKras: #Bucs DE Adrian Clayborn not practicing today... Daniel Te'o Neisheim practicing in his spot.  Trying to get more info...”

Not good. Hopefully he's a go for Sunday.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

I have heard that the Dallas OL could not block a defensive line consisting of 5 year old Ballerinas. Hopefully that will help with the pass rush and pressure in general. Would love to see Clayborn get some sacks this week.

FIFY

Hahaha. Well in that case we better come up with a minimum of 3 sacks. This is our game to get the DL back on track and hopefully because of that help the pass D.

The problem is not getting to Romo... Hell, everyone GETS to Romo... The problem is actually sacking him once you get there.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
I'm more worried about this game than I was about the Giants game. Defensively we just can't match-up with Dez and Miles. Ogletree could go off too.

Forgive him father, for he knows not of the greatness that is Ol' King Cole Beastley.

Dez. Miles. And Olgletree. What do the three of them have in common? THEY DON'T HAVE A THREAD DEDICATED TO THEM LIKE THE GOAT BEASTLEY DOES!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=497930

You have awaken a sleeping giant. I...I feel sorry for you.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Quote:
“@TKras: #Bucs DE Adrian Clayborn not practicing today... Daniel Te'o Neisheim practicing in his spot.  Trying to get more info...”

Not good. Hopefully he's a go for Sunday.

Clayborn hasn't done anything yet this year but this won't help our rush if he can't go this weekend.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

So am I.

I think maybe because they are a more athletic group.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@PewterReport: Schiano said we have to coach defensive players better, call better plays.”

Glad they realized this.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Quote:
“@PewterReport: Schiano said we have to coach defensive players better, call better plays.”

Glad they realized this.

They had to realize it. They arnt stupid. Its just nice to hear them say it. As of now Schiano is the type of guy to do what he says, not make statements that will never happen. Hopefully the trend continues and what he does works.

Hopefully Clayborn is ok. Unless something happened in practice he should be ok. He hasnt been on any injury reports.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Quote:

Glad they realized this.

They had to realize it. They arnt stupid. Its just nice to hear them say it. As of now Schiano is the type of guy to do what he says, not make statements that will never happen. Hopefully the trend continues and what he does works.

Hopefully Clayborn is ok. Unless something happened in practice he should be ok. He hasnt been on any injury reports.

They failed to realize it Sunday. Hopefully they make those adjustments in game.

On Clayborn it wasn't injury Had to tend to family. Hope it's all alright for him.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright guys, here's my first article on the bucs, and it's an offensive preview of the game...
Quote:

This week the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will try and bounce back from a tough last minute loss against the New York Giants, as they travel to Dallas to take on the Cowboys. This is an important games for both the Buccaneers and the Cowboys, as they don’t want to fall back too far from the division lead as the Atlanta Falcons and Philadelphia Eagles are both undefeated.

Tampa Bay had their week two game well in hand, leading the Giants by two scores, before Eli Manning bounced back from three early interceptions to lead the Giants back to a 41-34 lead. While it was a disappointing loss, I think there is something to be said that the Buccaneers stood toe to toe with the defending super bowl champions and played them hard until the last second, including the last snap of the game that has caused a ruckus across the league. Still you can see that Greg Schiano’s Buccaneers are not the team that literally didnt show up to the last half of the year.

The Cowboys will be looking to get back on the right track after a disappointing show in Seattle. They looked flat and uninspired, which has been a problem of the Cowboys over the last few years. They have the talent to play and beat anyone, evident of their week one win in New York. They also have to be a bit worried coming into this game, because many of the writers were writing off Tampa Bay before they played a snap this year.

Here is my positional breakdown on how I think the Cowboys and Buccaneers offenses match up.

Quarterback:

This one is taken by the Cowboys. Tony Romo has torched the Buccaneers in the few games he’s played them, and after Eli setting a career record going for over 500 yards, I don’t see anything different. Romo continues to be one of the better quarterbacks in the league when the game isn’t on the line, but if it’s a close game it might favor Tampa Bay. Josh Freeman has appeared to regain the form we saw in 2010, and looked good for a majority of the season so far. While his numbers haven’t been eye popping, he’s had the Buccaneers in position to win both games. Still this match up favors the Cowboys, as I give Tony Romo the edge over Freeman.

Advantage Cowboys

Running back:
This one is a little closer of a match up. The Cowboys have Demarco Murray, who has played great when healthy. He’s a big back that does everything you need, and has a good spell back in Felix Jones. Jones has yet to become that player that the Cowboys have envisioned though when they selected him in the first round. Tampa Bay appears to have a good one in Doug Martin. Through two games he’s shouldered the entire workload, scoring a touchdown last week, but more importantly he’s made the Bucs offense less predictable. He is spelled by big man LeGarrette Blount and former New York Giant D.J. Ware. This is a really close one, but gives the edge to the Buccaneers. Martin should be able to find some good holes, and I expect to see Blount get a few more touches this week to try and find his grind.

Advantage Buccaneers

Receivers:
These are two very good receiving corps. Dallas has the better of the two though with play makers like Dez Bryant, Miles Austin and Jason Witten. If you add in slot receiver Kevin Ogletree who ripped up the Giants, Romo has a ton of weapons to spread the ball around. Tampa Bay is no slouch at receiver anymore though, as last week they showed they have some pretty good weapons too. Vincent Jackson had a big game last week, and the former pro bowler appears to be in sync with Freeman. Mike Williams looks to have returned to 2010 form as well, with two early season touchdowns, and is showing better ability at getting open again. Dallas Clark got involved a little more in the passing game, but there’s still a lot to be desired from Luke Stocker, who has been a disappointment after being compared to Jason Witten coming out of college. This is another close battle, but I have to give the edge to the Cowboys. They have been together longer as a group and have one of the best tight ends in the game.

Advantage Cowboys

Offensive Line:

Dallas has tried to improve the offensive line in recent years, but they aren’t as good as Tampa Bay’s in my opinion. Both teams did fairly well against the Giants pass rush, but I still haven’t seen the Cowboys line dominate like I did Tampa’s against Carolina on the ground. Tyron Smith is a great prospect, but still experiencing a little bit of growing pains at the position. Tampa Bay’s strength is the left side of their line with Donald Penn and Carl Nicks. Penn has always fared well against the premier pass rushers of the league, so I like the match up that brings to the table this week. Coach Schiano also made a permanent change at the right tackle position as Demar Dotson was named the starter over Jeremy Trueblood. Trueblood’s days were numbered, and missing last game gave Dotson the chance to shine. Dotson was a former basketball player at Southern Mississippi, but has made the transition to right tackle after a few years in the system in Tampa. He has good athleticism, and handled the Giants pass rush extremely well for his first professional start. With all the money and skill across the lines, I give the advantage to Tampa Bay.
Advantage Buccaneers

Check back tomorrow as I give my breakdown on the defense and my predictions on the game.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st. Excellent write up.

2nd. In what world do the Bucs have an advantage in the RB department?

3rd. Yup. Your OL is much better than ours. Such a shame that DJ went down with an injury otherwise you guys would have a monster Interior OL.

In Redball I Trust!
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
1st. Excellent write up.

3rd. Yup. Your OL is much better than ours. Such a shame that DJ went down with an injury otherwise you guys would have a monster Interior OL.

I am going to have to agree with Texas OutLaw7 with the key phrase being that Dallas' running backs are completely healthy. There is no doubt in my mind that Murray and Jones when healthy are on of the better one two punches in the NFL. Our beloved bucs on the other hand are only relying on one running back that in two games is still an unknown. So in that instance I would think the advantage would have to go to Dallas at Running Back

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SappDaddyDance wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
1st. Excellent write up.

I am going to have to agree with Texas OutLaw7 with the key phrase being that Dallas' running backs are completely healthy. There is no doubt in my mind that Murray and Jones when healthy are on of the better one two punches in the NFL. Our beloved bucs on the other hand are only relying on one running back that in two games is still an unknown. So in that instance I would think the advantage would have to go to Dallas at Running Back

I think as far as #1's are concerned Murray is the more proven RB, at this point in time which gives them the edge there, however, my concern would be #2's. Felix has been a huge let down on that offense. Granted neither have done much this year as Felix has 1 yard and Blount with 8. I think on that one I would rather take Blount as a runner over Jones, even though Jones could be the more explosive option. I think when it comes down to it, in my eyes Blount over Jones it what sets the difference between these 2 cores.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
1st. Excellent write up.

I think as far as #1's are concerned Murray is the more proven RB, at this point in time which gives them the edge there, however, my concern would be #2's. Felix has been a huge let down on that offense. Granted neither have done much this year as Felix has 1 yard and Blount with 8. I think on that one I would rather take Blount as a runner over Jones, even though Jones could be the more explosive option. I think when it comes down to it, in my eyes Blount over Jones it what sets the difference between these 2 cores.

Even still that's being disingenuous. Murray has 14 more yards on 12 less carries. And while Blount may indeed have 7 more yards on 2 more carries, Jones has 4 receptions for 40 yards where as Blount only has 1 reception for 2 yards.

Believe me I am not even saying Jones is great or even good. And I happen to like Blount more than Jones, but I still don't think I would take the a Rookie-Led Bucs rushing team over the Cowboys. And that's that I am stupid high on Martin.

In Redball I Trust!
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
1st. Excellent write up.

Even still that's being disingenuous. Murray has 14 more yards on 12 less carries. And while Blount may indeed have 7 more yards on 2 more carries, Jones has 4 receptions for 40 yards where as Blount only has 1 reception for 2 yards.

Believe me I am not even saying Jones is great or even good. And I happen to like Blount more than Jones, but I still don't think I would take the a Rookie-Led Bucs rushing team over the Cowboys. And that's that I am stupid high on Martin.

I can see where you are coming from. The hard part is to judge the reception part is that Blount is rarely in on 3rd downs if ever so he really isn't even been targeted for those throws anyways. So that's the one plus to Jones but we would have to compare those yards against Martin which he is at only 23 anyways. To get a true feel I think this one will have to wait until the end of the year when we get a better view of what Martin brings for the whole season.

If we put your core behind our line, I would like them a whole lot more. Maybe that's what is influencing my thought a little when i pick ours.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 3 of 43

Jump to: