Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Going East: Arizona Cardinals at New England Patriots
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Going East: Arizona Cardinals at New England Patriots Reply with quote

Teams: Arizona Cardinals, New England Patriots
Date: September 16th, 2012
Time: 1:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
TV: FOX
Broadcast Team: Richard Stockton, John Lynch, Jennifer Hale
Radio: Sirius Channel 125

East coast road game in the early time slot, have we ever won 1 of these games? I'm not sure we have. Again a team like NE, I don't like our odds of breaking the losing streak, regardless of who's under center (I would have to assume it'll be Kolb this week).

The protection schemes need to be exactly the same as last week but with a more concentrated effort on the run game. Defense needs to be even better than they were Sunday too.

Last edited by stchamp98 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
JeremyB80

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to be honest here, I don't think we can win this. I do think we are better then the titans though, so we might steal one here.

Things to look for
More amazing defense. When a-dub intercepted a pass (and wow he did not drop it that is insane) and then passed it of to pp that was what i love, everyone is working together. Brady is not as mobile as wilson so i'm seeing some sacks and hopefully int's

Kolb-he needs to become a man in this game.

Blocking
If we get the same blocking we had vs seattle then we have a chance

Amazing thank you going to MoJo122-b-21 for this sick signature!!!
iRobot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had asked me before the season started who would win this matchup, I would wager money on the Patriots.

After seeing the defense week 1 though, I'm not so sure. I think this defense will give Brady fits of rage and the score will be kept in check. If the Offense can move the ball and we can run the ball well, I think we have a very good shot at having another Cardiac Cards type of game.

It all depends on if the line can provide some protection again ala 1st/2nd/4th quarter type of protection, not 3rd qtr type.
shawn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last time we played in New england, the final score was 47-7. Our starting QB was Kurt Warner, their starting QB was Matt Cassell. since our last meeting, we have since downgraded to Kevin Kolb, and the Pats have upgraded to Tom Brady.

maybe it was the snow and the cold weather that led to the 40 point beating we took a few years ago...but either way, our chances do not look good on paper.

sig made by mike23md
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still remember the last time we went to Gillette Stadium. For that reason I am going into this game with zero expectations. Even with the weather that game we gave up 40.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I still remember the last time we went to Gillette Stadium. For that reason I am going into this game with zero expectations. Even with the weather that game we gave up 40.

Not to say that we didn't completely embarass ourselves in that game BUT, it's a little different when you've got nothing to play for. We'd already locked up the division and the 4 seed in the NFC. Our guys had no motivation to go over there and play hard.

Again, not excusing the play just sayin, n, it was a factor.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:

Not to say that we didn't completely embarass ourselves in that game BUT, it's a little different when you've got nothing to play for. We'd already locked up the division and the 4 seed in the NFC. Our guys had no motivation to go over there and play hard.

I would also argue that the roster from then and now is much improved overall (sans the QB position, which is most important, I know) and the defensive scheme is better equipped to handle the Patriots.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a difficult game. The only way I can see the Cardinals winning is a combination of multiple Patriots turnovers and the Cardinals somehow scoring through their defense and/or special teams. The Patriots have the edge on offense and defense so it is hard to see the Cards winning in a straight game without those.

If Kolb wants to be the starter, I'm sure beating the Patriots will lock him into the starting role.

Justo on the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:

I would also argue that the roster from then and now is much improved overall (sans the QB position, which is most important, I know) and the defensive scheme is better equipped to handle the Patriots.

I still don't have that much faith in our ability to match up with Lloyd, Welker, Hernandez and Gronkowski with Brady tossing them the pigskin.

Honestly my feeling right now is that I hope this game stays within two scores. I don't think the Patriots will blow out on the offensive end, but I am thinking they get 25-30 points and we are going to struggle to score.

Week 1 Chris Johnson had 11 carries for 4 yards. You can point to the OL all you want, but ours is not much better if better at all in the running game.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Bidwill came on the radio today and said Kolb will be the starter Sunday.

Prefer he left those types of announcements to Whiz but this really isn't letting the cat of the bag. It was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Champ, wasn't that game against Philly last year an early one?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As good as the defense has been I don't know if they can stop a QB like Brady.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
Champ, wasn't that game against Philly last year an early one?

As a matter of fact it was, here's the link from last year's gameday thread to confirm it:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=467931

Good catch JohnnyV.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Mike Sando the Patriots blitzed on just 13.6% of their defensive plays Sunday, which was the lowest total in the NFL (Ray Horton blitzed on 50.5% of our defensive plays, which was the 2nd most in week 1). Jake Locker as a player isn't any different than Kevin Kolb really, besides the arm strength. This leads me to believe that they're not going to come after us, they're going to sit back and make sure they clog up our throwing lanes this week. Kolb's decision making needs to be air tight against a defense like that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're [inappropriate/removed].

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 1 of 45

Jump to: