Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFC Least Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayAp07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
^I'd agree, but we were a "good enough to get in, not good enough to win it all" team for over 10 years.

Let's finally make a team that can go the distance.

IDK. If Eli and the Giants won it twice, we certainly had a good enough team to win it at least once. I mean, how many times did we make the NFCCG? We were definitely good enough, especially earlier on in the Reid/McNabb era.

But this team does need some blue chip prospects and it all starts with a QB. Even if we decide to keep Vick here beyond this season (would be a big mistake in my book) he doesn't have that many more years left in him. We need to find our QB before we can even being to talk about winning a SB.

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayAp07 wrote:
Phire wrote:
^I'd agree, but we were a "good enough to get in, not good enough to win it all" team for over 10 years.

Let's finally make a team that can go the distance.

IDK. If Eli and the Giants won it twice, we certainly had a good enough team to win it at least once. I mean, how many times did we make the NFCCG? We were definitely good enough, especially earlier on in the Reid/McNabb era.

But this team does need some blue chip prospects and it all starts with a QB. Even if we decide to keep Vick here beyond this season (would be a big mistake in my book) he doesn't have that many more years left in him. We need to find our QB before we can even being to talk about winning a SB.

I'd say we were truly good enough to win it in 2004, which was also the best Eagles team we've seen in recent times (thanks to TO and a lot of veterans having been in their prime). Fielding the best team gave us the best shot to win.

Yeah, the Cinderella stories happen every now and then. The Giants got lucky, astronomically lucky, I don't know if we can count on luck. I'd rather count on a good team.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of Dynasties proves that you just need to be hot at the right time. The Steelers and Giants have both won a couple, but have been marred with ugly seasons in between. Saints, Packers? They made it one time only never to go back; Colts made it twice, but they had the GOAT QB. The Ravens look like the same situation, although who knows with how this year is shaping up in the NFL.

E

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
The lack of Dynasties proves that you just need to be hot at the right time. The Steelers and Giants have both won a couple, but have been marred with ugly seasons in between. Saints, Packers? They made it one time only never to go back; Colts made it twice, but they had the GOAT QB. The Ravens look like the same situation, although who knows with how this year is shaping up in the NFL.

E

I wouldn't say those teams were bad, though. Yeah, you can win it all by getting hot at the right time, but the caveat is that you have to be one of the better teams that gets hot at the right time. No junk team gets hot and wins it all.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

E

I wouldn't say those teams were bad, though. Yeah, you can win it all by getting hot at the right time, but the caveat is that you have to be one of the better teams that gets hot at the right time. No junk team gets hot and wins it all.

I disagree. The 07' Giants had a very good defense and a horrific and inconsistent QB/offense for basically their first 14 games. The Steelers won their first SB despite Big Ben's horrific play throughout the year. #1 defenses tend to do that. The Cardnials a 7-9 team came within a still questionable toe tap TD by Holmes of winning it all. The Ravens last season proved as much. A inconsistent regular season QB and defense get a lucky bounce here or there and become World Champs. Happened with the Tyree catch, Holmes toe tap, hail merry botched coverage in Denver. Any of those fluke plays go the other way your looking at 3 different SB champs. We had our "hot run" in 2008 but choke in the first QT defensively against Fitzgerald giving up 3 TD. We've rarely been the team with the lucky breaks. Until we get them having the Seattle Seahawks entire squad won't matter. Yes we need upgrades but not to the extent Seattle is the end all be all of dominance. They won't even make the SB this year, watch

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 14 Gm/ 78 Rec/ 1207 Yds/ 10 TD/ 15.5 YPC/
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of those teams are BAD teams, they were good teams with a facet of their team not playing up to par in the regular season. Those examples are not examples of bad teams accidentally getting hot, those are examples of good teams that played to their capacity when it counted.

The Giants and the Steelers are bad examples, those teams with both Eli and Ben have won more than one Super Bowl. You don't accidentally get hot and win it all two times. Eli is a sleeping giant (pun intended) even to this day. Big Ben is one of the coolest quarterbacks under pressure.

I wouldn't call the Ravens last year a bad team either. They had the defense, the leadership, and the offense. I would argue there's a big difference between a bad team, and a team that didn't play very well in the regular season.

Part of what makes a team good is their ability to bounce back and play hard when it counts. So any team that wasn't as good in the regular season, but got hot and went on to win it all is a good team simply because they had the will to be a Champion for that year.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Giants are going to make some poor team pay out the nose for Teddy Bridgewater. Maybe even the Eagles. Laughing

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
The Giants are going to make some poor team pay out the nose for Teddy Bridgewater. Maybe even the Eagles. Laughing

Nope, Joe Banner and the Browns.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 14 Gm/ 78 Rec/ 1207 Yds/ 10 TD/ 15.5 YPC/
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

For a franchise QB okay. I don't see how that's hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
None of those teams are BAD teams, they were good teams with a facet of their team not playing up to par in the regular season. Those examples are not examples of bad teams accidentally getting hot, those are examples of good teams that played to their capacity when it counted.

The Giants and the Steelers are bad examples, those teams with both Eli and Ben have won more than one Super Bowl. You don't accidentally get hot and win it all two times. Eli is a sleeping giant (pun intended) even to this day. Big Ben is one of the coolest quarterbacks under pressure.

I wouldn't call the Ravens last year a bad team either. They had the defense, the leadership, and the offense. I would argue there's a big difference between a bad team, and a team that didn't play very well in the regular season.

Part of what makes a team good is their ability to bounce back and play hard when it counts. So any team that wasn't as good in the regular season, but got hot and went on to win it all is a good team simply because they had the will to be a Champion for that year.

Bad teams don't make the playoffs so it's impossible to counter your argument.

The 7-9 Cardinals and the '07 Giants were about as bad as you'll get.

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

No shot. You won't be that bad.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Phire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
Phire wrote:

Bad teams don't make the playoffs so it's impossible to counter your argument.

The 7-9 Cardinals and the '07 Giants were about as bad as you'll get.

Yes, and my argument stated before is that no bad teams just accidentally get hot and win it all, you need to be one of the better teams in the first place.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Gmen wrote:

+1 there's still Jax and Oak.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Gmen wrote:

+1 there's still Jax and Oak.

And Cleveland

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Chargers beat the Cowboys on Sunday, Eagles are still within striking distance no matter what happens vs the Broncos.

I still think Eagles can easily catch Cowboys even if they are 2 games back, but you don't want to give them any cushion

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 56 of 99

Jump to: