Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFC Least Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birdman0069

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This division was a joke the last two seasons and now is getting better again.
The Giants have proven they can win Championships in a variety of ways and that makes them extremely dangerous.
The Redskins put up 436 points last season. Flukes are 1 or 2 games, not a whole season and their D is the best in the division.
Dallas, overall, has much more talent on their team then we do and are more then capable of putting up 10 wins this season without breaking a sweat.
This is where it gets funny. People actually want to believe so badly that our team is competitive they will say the rediculas things.
Teams do not hire an entire new coaching staff, employee 3 new schemes, create a new culture and have a remotely successful season. Our QB, whomever it is, will be awfull and replaced at some point during the next 2 seasons. 1/2 the players on this team will be gone in two years. It will take the majority of the season just to build some chemistry and learn to play these new systems in accual games. We are a bottom 5 team in all of football.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see the division end up looking like this.
N.Y 10-6
Washington 10-6
Dallas 9-7
Philly 3-13

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
The Giants have the best pure passing QB in the East, easily the best WR core, and David Wilson has the potential to be extremely good. Their D overall D will probably be middle of the pack, but they should have a solid pass rush and are my faves to win the division as of right now.
prediction: 10-6

The Cowboys arguably have the worst safety duo in the league and I fully expect Monte Kiffin's Tampa 2 to be average at best. Dez Bryant is the most talented WR in the division, but that ain't enough to overcome their QB being Tony Romo, who will undoubtedly blow a crucial game or 2 in crunch time.
Prediction: 7-9

2. Romo has been statistically better in virtually every season the two have been in the league. Granted, Romo has had some huge stinkers on his record while Eli has had post season success. But game to game Romo>Eli

That made me laugh Laughing

Eli is a much better QB then Romo, absolutely no question about that. The game is about much more then stats. It is about who leads their team to victory when it matters. Eli can do that, Romo can't.

disaacs wrote:
The Eagles are going to implode. Book it.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree that Eli is better than Romo.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thirded. Eli's great play behind that horrid line of his in the 2011-12 sb run convinced me that he was a legit top 7 QB. Romo's non clutchness definitely can get overblown, but on the other hand Eli's great play in do or die situations doesn't get talked about enough. There's not a big gap between the two but I'd personally take Eli 10/10
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
The Giants have proven they can win Championships in a variety of ways and that makes them extremely dangerous.
The Redskins put up 436 points last season. Flukes are 1 or 2 games, not a whole season and their D is the best in the division.
Dallas, overall, has much more talent on their team then we do and are more then capable of putting up 10 wins this season without breaking a sweat.
This is where it gets funny. People actually want to believe so badly that our team is competitive they will say the rediculas things.
Teams do not hire an entire new coaching staff, employee 3 new schemes, create a new culture and have a remotely successful season. Our QB, whomever it is, will be awfull and replaced at some point during the next 2 seasons. 1/2 the players on this team will be gone in two years. It will take the majority of the season just to build some chemistry and learn to play these new systems in accual games. We are a bottom 5 team in all of football.
N.Y 10-6
Washington 10-6
Dallas 9-7
Philly 3-13

Colts last year ring a bell? What about the 49ers under Harbaugh? Its not probable I agree, but to dismiss it as impossible is also dumb.

We have a better football team than we did last year. At QB we are the same, but at RB we actually have coaches who can utilize the talent we have there. We lost Maclin but we improved at TE and have 2 guys who can split out wide in Ertz and Casey. And the offensive line gets the best LT in football back, one of the better young zone blocking centers in the game back, Todd Herremans shifts back to guard, and Evan Mathis is at worst a good guard. At RT we have an athletic marvel with talent who can play now and has the upside to be special. The running game will be used to set up the pass which makes our offense better considering its how we've been built for years but Andy neglected that for some odd reason.

The secondary can't possibly be worst than it was last year. It was historically bad, there was a 10 week stretch where we allowed an 100+ rating in a row. The LB corps is improved on the strongside with Connor Barwin and Kendricks should be better in year 2, and Ryans is the steady veteran presence in the middle. Fletcher Cox will still have the opportunity to rush the passer and play the run strong again and will only get better playing the 3 technique, and Issac Sopoaga is a good 2 down run stuffer. Cedric Thorton is a question mark, but he's a talented one, and Bennie Logan has talent reminiscent of Brandon Mebane as a run stuffer who can push the pocket. Trent Cole may struggle dropping into coverage, but barring injury he will have more sacks this season. In addition if the Seahawks or old KC Defense is any indication, that LEO/Predator/Elephant role that Cole will be playing won't drop more than 10-15% of the time and thats being generous.

Donnie Jones is an upgrade at punter as well.

Again, not saying we'll win the division or even have a .500 season, but there is talent on this team and to insinuate let alone flat out say it can't get better than it was in 2012 when we improved in the trenches where games are won as well as at SLB and the secondary is flat out ignorant.
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 games wins the division. I think we either win 9 or flop and win like 4. All 4 teams right now feel like they will win the division. The NFC East is going to be super competitive this season and I just want it to be Monday night against the Skins... Crying or Very sad

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
Philly 3-13

We had one of the worst offense and turnover ratio last year and we finished 4-12 Laughing

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the NFCE coming down to the wire again like someone mentioned 9 wins probably gets the division. BUT...

All 4 teams play the AFC West so while we could possibly lose all 4, the better teams could win 3 of 4. Thats why divisional games are so important.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
birdman0069

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
N.Y 10-6
Washington 10-6
Dallas 9-7
Philly 3-13

Colts last year ring a bell? What about the 49ers under Harbaugh? Its not probable I agree, but to dismiss it as impossible is also dumb.

We have a better football team than we did last year. At QB we are the same, but at RB we actually have coaches who can utilize the talent we have there. We lost Maclin but we improved at TE and have 2 guys who can split out wide in Ertz and Casey. And the offensive line gets the best LT in football back, one of the better young zone blocking centers in the game back, Todd Herremans shifts back to guard, and Evan Mathis is at worst a good guard. At RT we have an athletic marvel with talent who can play now and has the upside to be special. The running game will be used to set up the pass which makes our offense better considering its how we've been built for years but Andy neglected that for some odd reason.

The secondary can't possibly be worst than it was last year. It was historically bad, there was a 10 week stretch where we allowed an 100+ rating in a row. The LB corps is improved on the strongside with Connor Barwin and Kendricks should be better in year 2, and Ryans is the steady veteran presence in the middle. Fletcher Cox will still have the opportunity to rush the passer and play the run strong again and will only get better playing the 3 technique, and Issac Sopoaga is a good 2 down run stuffer. Cedric Thorton is a question mark, but he's a talented one, and Bennie Logan has talent reminiscent of Brandon Mebane as a run stuffer who can push the pocket. Trent Cole may struggle dropping into coverage, but barring injury he will have more sacks this season. In addition if the Seahawks or old KC Defense is any indication, that LEO/Predator/Elephant role that Cole will be playing won't drop more than 10-15% of the time and thats being generous.

Donnie Jones is an upgrade at punter as well.

Again, not saying we'll win the division or even have a .500 season, but there is talent on this team and to insinuate let alone flat out say it can't get better than it was in 2012 when we improved in the trenches where games are won as well as at SLB and the secondary is flat out ignorant.

Colts got a true franchise QB and the 49ers didn't come out of know where. That have the most talented roster in football from being bad for so many years. Your a football fan, how often does it happen? It's also probable you win the lottery but highly unlikely.
Again, people think our roster is better then it truly is.
Our secondary could, quite possibly, be as bad as it was last year. I think we have far less talent at CB this season. Maybe last season was just bad coaching and using guys in the wrong matter. What happens when both CB we let go have great years?
We have below average QB's, period. Look around league and tell me how many below average QB's have success in this league. Yes it happens. It happens with a ton of luck and usually a top 5 D.
Our O line is better but honestly, how often do you think they will run the ball? If its a 50/50 split the Eagles will be among the league leaders in rushing attempts. That means they will still be putting the ball in the air 30 times a game. If either one of our QB's throw the ball that often, turnovers will happen at the same rate they did last season.
Your basing our D being better on a lot of what ifs.
If Barwin is better. If Kendrick's is better. If Cox is better. There isn't a player on this D that played in this type of system before. Sopoaga only played like 30% of the snaps and now he is going to be asked to double that. Thorton is a huge question mark and not as talented as you make it sound. Logan, by many reports, was picked early to be a flop so that could truly go either way.
Our LB's are a below average work in progress.

I have hopes for this team. I truly hope they can find their identity this season. I hope they can come together and learn their respective systems. I hope the back biting doesn't consume the team over the QB controversy that is sure to come if both Vick and Foles are on this team come week one. I hope Kelly learns how to coach at this level and build a strong foundation for the future. They are clear and reasonable expectations for this season. A season in which of the 16 games we play, we will be out matched and out talented in all but maybe 2 games.

People want to talk about, " we won this many games last year." Whoopee crap. Entire new coaching staff, new culture, a new GM (basically) since AR was the debunk GM around here, new offensive scheme, new defensive scheme and new special teams scheme. This doesn't happen overnight.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
birdman0069

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
Philly 3-13

We had one of the worst offense and turnover ratio last year and we finished 4-12 Laughing

Against bad football teams.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
RollEagles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty optimistic about next season and I actually think we'll win the division.

Two of the three main issues from last season were offensive line play and defensive scheme.

The inconsistent offensive line play really impacted our QB play also. As of this moment, I think Vick wins the starting position and I am interested in seeing how he performs in this system in the preseason.

Our offensive line has the potential to be a top 5 unit and we got rid of the wide 9. Not only that, our secondary has been revamped and it seems like Boykin could be ready to make the next step.

I think if Boykin is the real deal and the offensive line stays healthy, we win 10 or 11 games and take the division.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Birdman

The Colts had Luck, who is a once in a generation type QB

The 49ers had been drafting in the top 10 for most of the past decade. They had the talent, all the needed was the coaching. Add in Harbaugh ball and you have a successful team.

We will be in for a long season, but it'll be interesting to say the least.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
Philly 3-13

You do realize two of the four wins were against the eventual SB Champion Ravens and defending SB Champ Giants right?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
Philly 3-13

You do realize two of the four wins were against the eventual SB Champion Ravens and defending SB Champ Giants right?

With Vick starting in both those games nonetheless. He was nearly flawless in the Giants game when we actually ran a balanced attack.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
Philly 3-13

With Vick starting in both those games nonetheless. He was nearly flawless in the Giants game when we actually ran a balanced attack.

Edit: sorry missread blick Embarassed

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 33 of 99

Jump to: