Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 - RGIII against our sorry defense
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Final score?
Bengals by 3
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Washington by 17
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Your polls are crap
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Bengals in a squeaker 256-0
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

theJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Week 3 - RGIII against our sorry defense Reply with quote

Cincinnati Bengals

@

Washington Redskins

Time: 1:00 PM
Coverage Maps (not updated as of time of this posting)
DTV: 712

Time to see what RGIII can do against a division II opponent.

I'm thinking:

400 passing yards
4 TD's (3 passing, 1 rushing)
0 INT's
76 rushing yards

I think Alfred Morris will have a field day too.

Discuss.

EDIT: Maybe our defense has sucked because we need a poll in this thread. Well there it is.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides a couple of bootlegs that absolutely kill our defense, I think we'll do Ok defending the pass. I also think we'll do well against Morris, but RGIII will light us up running the ball.

Dalton and the offense will need to carry us to victory. Also see a big return coming for Adam Jones again. The Skins have given up punt blocks in back-to-back games, so I'm assuming they are concentrating more on protecting the kicker than getting downfield to stop the returner now...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to seeing RG3 play a little more than I have so far, but it is a shame that it is at our defenses expense. We made Brandon Weeden look damn good after his miserable week 1. I can only imagine what RG3 does to us.

Hopefully with Orakpo out, our O line can protect Dalton enough to allow him to throw the ball around. I don't know how good Washington's secondary is, but I know they have Meriweather who has struggled in the past. With Jackson out for the year I dont know who their other safety is so maybe we can get some deep plays on them.

Should be a fun game to watch, hopefully our defense plays better this week and we get another win

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its gonna be another shootout I think.

I see the Redskins winning

Was-31
Cin-27

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iam not gonna lie rg3 is gonna light up your defense and put up 30 points or so.

But our defense is prob worse then yours. Andy dalton will use his precision passing to put up well over 30 points against us.

Its gonna come down to turnovers. Only way i see us winning this game is if RG3 controls the clock and has long drives to keep dalton and the crew on the sidelines.

Its gonna be a fun game to watch. Never thought i would see the day where washington and bengals have a shootout Shocked
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
Iam not gonna lie rg3 is gonna light up your defense and put up 30 points or so.

But our defense is prob worse then yours. Andy dalton will use his precision passing to put up well over 30 points against us.

Its gonna come down to turnovers. Only way i see us winning this game is if RG3 controls the clock and has long drives to keep dalton and the crew on the sidelines.

Its gonna be a fun game to watch. Never thought i would see the day where washington and bengals have a shootout Shocked

We'll see what happens personnel wise for the game. If Dunlap is healthy and plays a significant amount of snaps, I think we'll do well. If he only plays a couple of drives or not at all, then yeah it'll be a shootout.

Btw, how is the interior of the Skin's O-Line? Our only strength while Dunlap is out has been interior D-Line pressure from our DT's (Geno and Still). If the Skins interior O-Line can somewhat neutralize them, then RGIII will have a field day...
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty big game for the Bengals. Everyone kind of expected the Bengals to beat the Browns. They expected them to lose to the Ravens. Now this is the first swing game. If they win, maybe people start to feel better about them. Maybe then they have a shot at a 5-1 start.

Lose, and it could be a 3-3 start. (Jags, Dolphins, Browns)

The schedule gets harder down the stretch, so a 5-1 start is imperative if this team wants to make the playoffs again.

I know every week is a must win in the NFL, but i feel like this one is the most important one they've played so far.

BillSabre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Washingtons defense is hurting. I too see a higher scoring game. I'm curious about this kid from the CFL Hawkins? Is he why you cut Shipley? He seems like a sneaky dangerous type of player who compliments AJ superbly. Garçon needs to get back in action as well...... Man that offense is stacked. RG3 definitely front-runner for OROY.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
It looks like Washingtons defense is hurting. I too see a higher scoring game. I'm curious about this kid from the CFL Hawkins? Is he why you cut Shipley? He seems like a sneaky dangerous type of player who compliments AJ superbly. Garçon needs to get back in action as well...... Man that offense is stacked. RG3 definitely front-runner for OROY.

Hawkins definitely had something to do with it. Also Shipley was coming off injury and just wasn't healthy. We have a very talented WR group and if you aren't healthy it makes it hard since all these guys looked good in preseason.

johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna be in Chicago during the game so I won't get to watch it. Mad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please NO INJURIES!!!! Pray Good luck fellas,it should be a competive,fun game to watch.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt we allow almost thirty points for a third straight game, although I'm not so confident after the last game. I'm predicting a lower scoring game than most, Bengals win 21-20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello bengals' fans! This game should be a good one and a shoot out like the redskins first two games were. I think your D is going to have a tough time controlling Griffin but on the other side our D can't cover worth ish and Orakpo is out for the year which greatly affects our pass rush.

Before thete season, I thought our D would carry us but it appears that Griffin and our passing game are going to lead this team. Real shocker! Shocked

Like I said, should be a lot of points and a fun game from that aspect.

Bengals- 34
Redskins- 31

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Hello bengals' fans! This game should be a good one and a shoot out like the redskins first two games were. I think your D is going to have a tough time controlling Griffin but on the other side our D can't cover worth ish and Orakpo is out for the year which greatly affects our pass rush.

Before thete season, I thought our D would carry us but it appears that Griffin and our passing game are going to lead this team. Real shocker! Shocked

Like I said, should be a lot of points and a fun game from that aspect.

Bengals- 34
Redskins- 31

What kind of mind trick are you playing. A poster goes to the other teams forum and actually predicts his team to lose? I dont think I have ever seen this before.

Should be a fun game though. 2 pathetic defenses against young and upcoming offenses.

theJ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://twitter.com/john_keim/status/249198751787405312

Quote:
Shanahan says garçon is doubtful

Tough break for the Redskins. Makes the job of the bengals defense easier, especially since Hall may be out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: