Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Texans vs. Jaguars GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins It?
Houston by a lot (10+)
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Houston barely (1-9)
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Jackonsville barely (1-9)
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Jacksonville by a lot (10+)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

LORK 88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Week 2: Texans vs. Jaguars GDT Reply with quote

How weird is it being the favorites in the division for the first time ever? The first quarter may not have gone so well, but the Texans looked like the division champs the rest of the game dominating the Dolphins in every facet of the game. This week, Houston will travel down to Jacksonville to face their old rival. Despite Houston's dominance last year, both games last year ended up being closer than expected. Jacksonville seems to be on the rise with Gabbert playing better than expected so it will be up to Houston to grind out a win on the road and continue their dominance on the road to the playoffs.

POSITION BATTLE
QB Advantage: TEXANS
RB Advantage: TEXANS
WR Advantage: TEXANS
OL Advantage: TEXANS
DL Advantage: TEXANS
LB Advantage: TEXANS
DB Advantage: TEXANS

FANTASY OUTLOOK
Foster had mixed success against Jacksonville, but Schaub being back should help. Andre should put up decent numbers as always, but I think Daniels is a guy who could come up big. He had the most receptions both games last year, and the Jaguars are missing some players in the middle. For Jacksonville, MJD is the only guy who's definitely worth a start. Too much inconsistency elsewhere to feel confident about starting anyone else.

X-FACTORS: CONNOR BARWIN & BROOKS REED
Last week, Houston ended up getting to the QB twice, but both times it was from the D-Line. For a team that saw over half of it's sacks come from the OLB position, needs to change this week. Both Reed and Barwin need to find a way to get to Gabbert and revert him back to his old "happy feet" ways. Jacksonville has a good left tackle in Euguene Monroe, so some creativity might be required.

KEYS TO THE GAME
1) Avoid turnovers. The easiest way we can keep Jackonsville in this game is to turn the ball over and give them easy opportunities. I trust Houston's defense, but Jacksonville's offense seems much improved so I don't think we'll be able to hold them to field goals all day if the Texans make costly mistakes.

2) Keep Schaub upright. He was taken down way too often last week. The O-Line needs to do a better job of keeping his jersey clean so he can stay in the pocket and have all the time he needs. They don't have premium rushers on the outside, but Terrance Knighton is definitely a handful.
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll see a similar outcome to the last time Schaub played Jacksonville. I can see perfectly well that the Jags have gotten better, I just don't think that means they're good yet.

Something along the lines of 24-10 seems appropriate - Jacksonville's offensive line is suffering heavily from injury. Barwin has to be salivating at the thought of going up against Guy Whimper again. There's nothing like another 4-sack game to make a statement after contract talks are shelved for the season.

Jennings is hurt and MJD, while better than solid last week, may struggle if he doesn't have someone to spell him after coming off his holdout.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jags are an improved team no doubt, but we are still the better team. MJD played well against the Vikes when Jennings was injured.

This is a huge test for Gabbert to see if he has improved by going against an elite defense. I expect our pass rush to get pressure on their OL.

It won't be a blowout, but I expect something like 24-14 Texans.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game scares me....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
This game scares me....

Not just for you.

#JDI
DreDay80

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

34-17 Texans

I think it'll be a close game til mid-3rd quarter where we pull away.
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our starting LG, RG and RT all got injured yesterday. It's just sad.

Not sure of the severity of each yet but Gabbert is going to be under a lot of pressure again, I assume. IMO, Watt needs to take this Sunday off.

Daryl Smith might be out again which is huge. Derek Cox might not play again which is big as well because if Aaron Ross sees the field a lot, it's not going to be pretty.

MJD is back but he didn't look the 2011 MJD yesterday, which is kind of expected. I thought he left a lot of yards on the field not hitting the right holes. Vision wasn't there.

Blaine went 23 for 62, 233 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT's in the 2 games against you guys last season. Wow that's horrible. hahaha

But yea, you're going to see a different player. I'm not saying he's going to tear your very good defense to shreds but he's going to stand tall in the pocket now, deliver the ball while getting hit with accuracy and velocity. As you guys saw, that was something he definitely didn't do last season. He won't put up great stats on Sunday IMO but it won't be nearly as bad as that ^^^. lol

You're definitely the better team and the injury bug has hit us hard but it is our home opener and it's against a division rival. I'm expecting a loss but we'll see.

Good luck.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
This game scares me....

+1

Honestly though all games scare me a little. The Texans have alot of talent and skill but we've seen in the past that they don't always play up to their potential. This bit of stigma, like holding my breath every time Jacoby Jones fielded a kick/punt, will take a while to wear off.

Texans - 20
Jaguars - 16
jargin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Justin Blackmon is an x factor in this game. So is Holliday. It's going to be important for the Texans to establish the run game after the way they ran last week. I'm confident that if the game comes down to the hands of Matt Schaub that we will win. Schaub is playing lights out right now.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game doesn't worry me one bit. Texans should run away with this one before halftime

Texans - 38
Jaguars - 13

life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
mikeyfarley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
I think we'll see a similar outcome to the last time Schaub played Jacksonville. I can see perfectly well that the Jags have gotten better, I just don't think that means they're good yet.

Something along the lines of 24-10 seems appropriate - Jacksonville's offensive line is suffering heavily from injury. Barwin has to be salivating at the thought of going up against Guy Whimper again. There's nothing like another 4-sack game to make a statement after contract talks are shelved for the season.

Jennings is hurt and MJD, while better than solid last week, may struggle if he doesn't have someone to spell him after coming off his holdout.
pretty funny, since MJD got 1.1 more yards per carry than the great Arian Foster did last week. Foster seems like the guy who needs to take more breathers, lol.

I think the game will come down to if the Texans can stop MJD. If he gets over 4ypc and keeps the chains moving the Jags will have a great shot at winning. If they can stop MJD in Jax they definitely deserve to win.
jargin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyfarley wrote:
kenney wrote:

pretty funny, since MJD got 1.1 more yards per carry than the great Arian Foster did last week. Foster seems like the guy who needs to take more breathers, lol.

I think the game will come down to if the Texans can stop MJD. If he gets over 4ypc and keeps the chains moving the Jags will have a great shot at winning. If they can stop MJD in Jax they definitely deserve to win.
After Reggie Bush tore us up and looked unstoppable for a minute there last week, you make a good point with MJD. Our defense is the type of unit that definitely has the ability to shut down the run, its just a matter of our safeties Manning and Quin deciding to come up into the box and really focus on shutting it down. One play that Danieal Manning made this past week on Bush in the backfield he shot through a lane and dragged him down for a loss. Thats how we will start to play if we are getting killed by the run. Hopefully, from our perspective, we gain a large lead which will force you into a throwing situation. If you just smash us in the run game and mix it with the play action it might be hard to stop but we also have the ability to force you guys play catch-up with our offense.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
DreDay80

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
I think Justin Blackmon is an x factor in this game. So is Holliday. It's going to be important for the Texans to establish the run game after the way they ran last week. I'm confident that if the game comes down to the hands of Matt Schaub that we will win. Schaub is playing lights out right now.

Blackmon won't be a factor with JJoe lining up across from him. Expect more of that 2 catches for 20 yards he had in week 1. Whether the running game struggles or not there's no reason we don't win this game. The passing game will lead us to victory as long as Schaub targets Andre a lot and early.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything I think the x-factor on the Jags O could be TE Marcedes Lewis. He is coming off a good game vs the Vikings (5 REC 52 Yards and a TD. He didnt score not 1 TD last season) and if the Jags have problems blocking they might use him as an extra lineman, if they are doing good running the ball they could use him as a receiver. Our linebackers need to be on the lookout for him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Division games on the road always scare me. I think we will win, but i wouldn't bet on it being by more than a touchdown - 24-17 Texans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: