Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Defensive Review- Titans at San Diego, Week 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if/when Locker and the offense start finding their stride, the D is ok. The offense just can't stay on the field, forcing the D out there early and often... and all D's, with that constant pressure and lack of support will crack.

I just don't know how or why Griff has been asked to move back to SS... but that needs to stop now. 16 tackles or not.. he's not a SS. (if you want to call runners tripping over a trucked over Griffin a tackle is a matter of semantics...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
I think if/when Locker and the offense start finding their stride, the D is ok. The offense just can't stay on the field, forcing the D out there early and often... and all D's, with that constant pressure and lack of support will crack.

I just don't know how or why Griff has been asked to move back to SS... but that needs to stop now. 16 tackles or not.. he's not a SS. (if you want to call runners tripping over a trucked over Griffin a tackle is a matter of semantics...

Spot on. The DL actually had good pressure most of the day, although they weren't really able to seal the deal. The LBs are pretty good, especially when McCarthy is on the field. The secondary is not so great, but if the DL keeps improving the secondary will appear better and better.

I think Babineaux is the only real SS available with any degree of experience. I'm still perplexed on how he lost his job.
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I think we can all agree that if there is an interior Olineman worth a first round pick next year, we should take him.

I'm really liking what I see from Kendall Wright and Zach Brown so far, but I still can't help but wonder how things would have turned out if we had taken DeCastro and Konz. I think Wright and Brown have much higher potential down the road, but it's clear now that our OLine issues weren't solved at all. If even one of them was an average starter on our team, we'd be a lot better. Which says a lot about the Oline.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatTitansFan wrote:
Guys, I think we can all agree that if there is an interior Olineman worth a first round pick next year, we should take him.

I'm really liking what I see from Kendall Wright and Zach Brown so far, but I still can't help but wonder how things would have turned out if we had taken DeCastro and Konz. I think Wright and Brown have much higher potential down the road, but it's clear now that our OLine issues weren't solved at all. If even one of them was an average starter on our team, we'd be a lot better. Which says a lot about the Oline.

With where we could be picking if this keeps up there is no OL in this draft with that kind of value. Barrett Jones would be the closest though.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
ThatTitansFan wrote:

With where we could be picking if this keeps up there is no OL in this draft with that kind of value. Barrett Jones would be the closest though.

Agreed. If we dont improve, we could be picking top 3, maybe #1. Crying or Very sad
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
ThatTitansFan wrote:

Agreed. If we dont improve, we could be picking top 3, maybe #1. Crying or Very sad

We're not as bad as the Chiefs so we won't be picking #1. Top 3 is possible though.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

Spot on. The DL actually had good pressure most of the day, although they weren't really able to seal the deal. The LBs are pretty good, especially when McCarthy is on the field. The secondary is not so great, but if the DL keeps improving the secondary will appear better and better.

I think Babineaux is the only real SS available with any degree of experience. I'm still perplexed on how he lost his job.

Babs was pretty horrible last year... which made his contract extension very perplexing to me. He was basically an undersized yet slow LB last year. He could not cover to save his life, and was caught out of position way too often to really be a strength against the run. I'm actually split as to who's worse at SS.

I would still leave Griffin at FS and let him do the thing he sucks least at... playing CF out there (although, honestly, he's been pretty horrible at even that the past 35 games or so, constantly letting people get past/behind him... which is the #1, #2, and #3 assignments for a CF FS).

latinoaustino wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
ThatTitansFan wrote:

We're not as bad as the Chiefs so we won't be picking #1. Top 3 is possible though.

Putting aside the talent I know lays hidden or dormant on our roster, I don't think anyone has played worse than us in the first two weeks. -49 point differential is beyond pathetic... to put in perspective, that's worse than the Jags and Browns... combined!!

26% on 3rd downs (allow 55% on D, 2nd worst)... -2 TO differential... and last in the league in first downs per game with 12.5 per game (give up a league worst 26 per game), points per game (11.5, give up 36, 2nd worst) and rushing yards (a number too pathetic to even type here)... under 23 minutes in TOP per game... that's the worse team in the NFL after week 2.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
s_camp wrote:

Babs was pretty horrible last year... which made his contract extension very perplexing to me. He was basically an undersized yet slow LB last year. He could not cover to save his life, and was caught out of position way too often to really be a strength against the run. I'm actually split as to who's worse at SS.

I would still leave Griffin at FS and let him do the thing he sucks least at... playing CF out there (although, honestly, he's been pretty horrible at even that the past 35 games or so, constantly letting people get past/behind him... which is the #1, #2, and #3 assignments for a CF FS).

You're right, but I'll say Griffin is worse because he's so expensive. And to get Ruskie riled up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: