Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

An Early Season Mock

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Reginaldm9


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 3209
Location: Kent State University
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: An Early Season Mock Reply with quote

Most may rush to say that it is far too early for a mock draft. I agree, but because I'm bored, I've decided to join the ranks of the early mock drafters.
Also, this draft functions more like a wishlist and less like a complete off-season prediction, and includes an extra fifth because somehow I feel like we'll get one.

1(10): Bjoern Werner, DE FSU- How could we possibly pass on a prospect most believe to be the next Jared Allen?

3: Baccari Rambo, FS UGA- Rambo is an absolute playmaker. Someone who is the Yin to TJ Ward's Yang. He'd be bomb in pass coverage freeing up TJ to prey on the run game and intermediate passes.

4: Blake Foltz, OG TCU- Oline Depth

5: Kyler Reed, TE NEB

5: Mike Gillislee, RB FLA

6: Brandon McGee, CB MIA

7: LaAdrian Waddle, OT TTU

7: Matt Weller, K OHIO
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7699
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werner looks good, but he also lines up on the L side a lot.

Sheard seems to have the L side locked down in Cleveland, can Werner play the R side?

I also don't see Rambo lasting until the 3rd round.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 40408
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have two 7th rounders?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 18316
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
We have two 7th rounders?


Championship
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reginaldm9


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 3209
Location: Kent State University
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
We have two 7th rounders?


Championship


Sims trade, bruh.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reginaldm9


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 3209
Location: Kent State University
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Werner looks good, but he also lines up on the L side a lot.

Sheard seems to have the L side locked down in Cleveland, can Werner play the R side?

I also don't see Rambo lasting until the 3rd round.


I really feel like Werner could play OLB if he wanted to. The kid has a motor and I'd see no problem with him on the right side.

In terms of Rambo he'll last till early three because of the drug suspension.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7699
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Werner looks good, but he also lines up on the L side a lot.

Sheard seems to have the L side locked down in Cleveland, can Werner play the R side?

I also don't see Rambo lasting until the 3rd round.


I really feel like Werner could play OLB if he wanted to. The kid has a motor and I'd see no problem with him on the right side.

In terms of Rambo he'll last till early three because of the drug suspension.


Werner is 270 lbs, up from his previously listed weight of 255, and you think he's a 4-3 OLB?

As far as the R vs L side, it can matter. Sheard, as previously noted, is much more comfortable on the L. If we're going to draft a guy in the top 10 to play a position, I want that to be the position he's comfortable playing, not one we're projecting him to.

The drug suspension will mean very little if the kid can play. Janoris Jenkins failed multiple test, was kicked off the Florida team and has been arrested multiple times. He went at the top of round 2.

What he does when he returns from suspension and how he interviews will have a lot more to do with his draft stock than 1 failed drug test.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reginaldm9


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 3209
Location: Kent State University
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Werner looks good, but he also lines up on the L side a lot.

Sheard seems to have the L side locked down in Cleveland, can Werner play the R side?

I also don't see Rambo lasting until the 3rd round.


I really feel like Werner could play OLB if he wanted to. The kid has a motor and I'd see no problem with him on the right side.

In terms of Rambo he'll last till early three because of the drug suspension.


Werner is 270 lbs, up from his previously listed weight of 255, and you think he's a 4-3 OLB?

As far as the R vs L side, it can matter. Sheard, as previously noted, is much more comfortable on the L. If we're going to draft a guy in the top 10 to play a position, I want that to be the position he's comfortable playing, not one we're projecting him to.

The drug suspension will mean very little if the kid can play. Janoris Jenkins failed multiple test, was kicked off the Florida team and has been arrested multiple times. He went at the top of round 2.

What he does when he returns from suspension and how he interviews will have a lot more to do with his draft stock than 1 failed drug test.


You misunderstood me. I don't think Werner can play OLB, but given his talent and motor, the dude can play any position. In terms of left or right side, I don't necessarily think that would be a hard adaptation to make.

Also, Rambo failed a drug test the season before resulting in a one game suspension.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the werner thread in the draft forum says he cut down to 255 to gain more speed.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=465628
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group