Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ATL RB Michael Turner charged with DUI following MNF game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terrell123

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
cut him. he's worthless at this point.

How come you want him cut? Didn't he have like 1300 yards rushing last season?

because yardage isn't a good read on him. his YPC outside of his best three games last season was under 3.0. he doesn't hit the hole hard and is aggravating to watch at this point.
Nothing hurts my eyes more than Michael Turner on a screen pass. Just doesnt fit here anymore imo. Especially with this non running blocking oline. He needs HUGE holes to be effective.
bbllstr22

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point cutting him is the smart thing to do. We have plenty of depth at his position. The tires are worn down after leading the league in carries in 2009 and 2011. It's time. The only good things about him now are his vision and his protecting of the ball. We can smash with Snelling. I think it's time to let him and Quizz get some carries, and even see what Antone can do for us. Plenty. Of. Depth. Especially for a position in which the importance for our offense is diminishing.
devils1854

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I dont see anyone behind him on the depth chart that will do any better as him as our feature back. I dont think he should be a starter in this league anymore, but its hard to judge him fairly this year, since our run blocking has been horrendous. Maybe if we can get Konz in at RG, he can be more effective.

#JDI
At the front of the Jeff Matthew and Brett Smith bandwagon.
Olympia Martin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark this down. This will be Turner's last season in the NFL. After this year he will be released and no one will pick him up. While he was great in his prime the cliff was really steap. He is so slow footed through the hole now. He can't make anyone miss in the open field. Strictly a between the tackles 3-4 YPC best case scenario guy.

Personally I think Jason Snelling can severely outperform him if ever given the chance. Quizz as well.

DUI won't be the cause but he just looks like hes 42 out there.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the people calling out Reynolds and saying we need to play Konz, have you really watched that closely? Heck, devils already said he didnt watch much of the game and is trying to put out suggestions. That just seems - backwards to me.

I not qualified to judge run blocking extensively, but Reynolds certainly hasnt stood out as being worse than anyone else and has been a good pass protector.

I think its pretty clear Turner has no burst but its not like Quizz has lit it up in limited opportunities. Now more than ever this team is going to go as far as Matt Ryan leads us, if turner and whoever else can get us 3-4 yards a pop and be effective in short yardage im fine with that
JFalconFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the run game will open up more as our pass game continues to thrive. Anyone agree.

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFalconFan wrote:
I think the run game will open up more as our pass game continues to thrive. Anyone agree.
I feel like the screen game will, maybe we can improve on the outside but I'm not sure about our ability to pound it between the tackles right now

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
For the people calling out Reynolds and saying we need to play Konz, have you really watched that closely? Heck, devils already said he didnt watch much of the game and is trying to put out suggestions. That just seems - backwards to me.

I not qualified to judge run blocking extensively, but Reynolds certainly hasnt stood out as being worse than anyone else and has been a good pass protector.

I think its pretty clear Turner has no burst but its not like Quizz has lit it up in limited opportunities. Now more than ever this team is going to go as far as Matt Ryan leads us, if turner and whoever else can get us 3-4 yards a pop and be effective in short yardage im fine with that

That's the thing, we weren't talking about pass protection. I would say Reynolds has been the 3rd best starter on the OL in pass protection and last in run blocking. Our OL in general just isn't very good at run blocking though...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turner definitely looks slow out there. He doesn't make people miss but he can run through an occasional tackle. Unfortunately, while Turner sits at a miserable 2.6 ypc, Quizz is only at 2.5 ypc and Snelling is at 2.3 ypc. The O-line isn't blocking well (at least on runs, they've been pretty good at pass protection). I really thought the emergence of our passing game would allow us more room in the running game but that hasn't happened yet.

I think, at the very least, Quizz and Snelling should be getting half the snaps. They provide our offense with more options. I'm not sure either are the answer as a #1 back though. We should let Turner go in the offseason and look for a #1 back in the 2nd or 3rd round of next year's draft. Corner, DE, and LT are still big concerns in my mind but our RBs are definitely lacking.
tech2186

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:

I see what you are saying but ai think its pretty clear that in running situations there is a problem somewhere. Even on Turner's TD it took the Falcons 3 times from the 2 or 1 yard line to get it in and he barely got in on the last attempt. It is a mix of both the lack of run blocking and Turner declining.

Yeh JQuizz hasnt done a ton in his limited time but he is more of a weapon on screens and can be utilized in other ways out of the backfield than Turner can. Even if we toss the ball out to Quizz to get him into space like Sproles is used, it would help the run game. The screen game is far better used with Quizz than Turner. Even Snelling has some break away speed. I think the pass is gonna be the teams bread and butter but we gotta run the ball effectively to put teams away in the 4th qt.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
#Falcons RB Michael Turner will not be suspended due to his DUI arrest but he could be fined by the league to a fine worth up to $50,000.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/248431255379664896
Tom Brady Tribute
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
#Falcons RB Michael Turner will not be suspended due to his DUI arrest but he could be fined by the league to a fine worth up to $50,000.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/248431255379664896
they should fine him the maximum allowed based on how big his contract is. He should negotiate donating the money to M.A.D.D. or something instead of the league.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

That's the thing, we weren't talking about pass protection. I would say Reynolds has been the 3rd best starter on the OL in pass protection and last in run blocking. Our OL in general just isn't very good at run blocking though...

I'm just asking how are you judging the blocking? Reynolds doenst stand out as worse than anyone else to me...
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
I'm just asking how are you judging the blocking? Reynolds doenst stand out as worse than anyone else to me...
in Pass blocking, all 5 guys have looked great. Reynolds has allowed just 2 pressures so far.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
in Pass blocking, all 5 guys have looked great. Reynolds has allowed just 2 pressures so far.

Im talking about run blocking, specifically int why people thinks hes been bad. And I agree he's been a good pass blocker, but are those stats from pff?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: