Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MNF Week 3: Seattle Seahawks(1-1) vs Green Bay Packers(1-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

th87 wrote:

It's really a sad sight when someone sacrifices his intellectual honesty in favor something so blatantly wrong.

I know, I think you should change that avatar right away....

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
th87

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
th87 wrote:

It's really a sad sight when someone sacrifices his intellectual honesty in favor something so blatantly wrong.

Reaching. Much like your "catch" explanation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

th87 wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
th87 wrote:

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Go tell your cat how the refs robbed you out of a win...

JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOUCHDOWN!!!!

Look even #24 for the Packers agrees with the Refs....

bill21792

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures of what Insider Outsider was talking about.

Tates Butt touches the ground at roughly the same time as Jennings' 2nd foot

As you can see

No Possession

Reloads

Control of the ball with butt and Jenning's foot still in air but only 1 of Tate's feet down

So Tate does control the ball with his hands at this point (at least that's how it appears)

And from another angle..

No possession

Control

It Looks like his foot has lowered to the ground while his butt is still in the air, or before Jennings foot hits the ground

Not proof by any means, but now I can understand what the ref might have been thinking

I easily lean more towards a bad call, but I can at least see some outside possibility/non-dumb@$$ary of the refs
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is enough doubt there, to make the call in the first place.

And like it or not, any review requires sufficient evidence to OVERRULE the play.

And Tate having the ball or not could not be reviewed. It has to go back to the original call.

It's a really really crap call, but the current rules handicapped the refs to an extent.
th87

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
th87 wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
th87 wrote:

My cat knows. Just like everyone else. When the consensus opinion is the opposite of yours, it might signal a need to reevaluate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what kind of whining we would get if the actual refs who were always complained about ruled this.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Wonder what kind of whining we would get if the actual refs who were always complained about ruled this.

Same crap, swap out 'replacement refs' for 'new and better refs' Laughing
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

th87 wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
th87 wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
th87 wrote:

My cat knows. Just like everyone else. When the consensus opinion is the opposite of yours, it might signal a need to reevaluate.

Where would we be if Albert Einstein would have taken that approach?

ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides the crap at the end, you guys are an extremely good team all 3 levels defensively and Lynch is an absolute nightmare of a guy to pair with a QB like Wilson. In my heart, I know Green Bay won this game but it was still pretty entertaining when the calls were still going both ways and it resembled a football game. Your team has a very bright future and I look forward to seeing who comes out of your division as champs. Good luck the rest of the way.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
th87 wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
th87 wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
th87 wrote:

Where would we be if Albert Einstein would have taken that approach?

You're the only person I've seen that is confident this was a legit TD/catch. You're no Albert Einstein my man.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Look guys, irrespective of the final call at the end, it's an ugly win for Seattle. Our O was pretty abysmal today. They got only 7 points from what our D did in the first half.

Against an offensive unit in sync? We lose this game conclusively.

Sorry for the double post, but our offense was playing just fine most of the second half of that game. Your defense played unbelievably well all game long. Look forward to playing New Orleans next week, first real game for us against a team with a cupcake D to really establish something with.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's all of my opinions after the game, after attending it. I just watched the video of "the play" on Youtube for the first time.

- Obviously that was offensive PI on Golden before he even went up for the catch. But why are people acting as if Golden is a terrible guy for PI'ing? Football players try to gain any advantage they can on every given down and that's all Tate was doing there. It's the refs responsibility to make that call, not Tate's.

- For fans that are saying Green Bay deserved this win.....I'm not buying it. They were dominated in the 1st half and we were dominated in the 2nd half. That was anybody's game and that's why it came down right to the wire. Maybe you guys could have truly earned it and, ya know, actually score a point or two in the 1st half. Disappointing that the last play of the game is going to shadow an unbelievable defensive performance.

- Sorry, but from everything I've seen and heard, that's a total 50/50 play that may have very easily been called the same way had the real refs been there. Offensive PI aside, Tate's hand was the first to stop the flight of the ball and actually grab it. Technically he is the first receiver to catch the football, no matter if it's with 1 hand, 2 hands, or 3 hands. He never lost possession of the football after having it with one hand from any video evidence that I've seen. There is no rule that states a player with two hands on the football has any more possession of the football than a player with 1 hand. It doesn't matter who has "more" possession when the players are coming down, as long as the possession was simultaneous, which you could EASILY make a case for whether in real time or slow motion. Tate has every right to bring his right arm in and attempt to gain "more possession" to help give him the ball, but had he had it with just one hand, pinned against his chest (as he did), I still think that's called a TD.

- Russell Wilson isn't the problem (well not really). Darrell Bevell is the problem. I have have been utterly disgusted with the way this offense has been run for the past 3 weeks and it needs to change. We have less passing attempts than ANY team in the league, and we do not have the worst QB nor the worst group of targets. That's ridiculous. The run was working GREAT in the 1st quarter, and suddenly Bevell gets pass-happy in the 2nd quarter. Run starts getting shut down in the 2nd half, so what does he do? He keeps running Lynch into his grave, and no ONCE subbing in Turbin for a spell (from what I could see). Wilson actually had a really efficient night by my standards. A lot of his incompletions were simple throw aways that are actually smart decisions. One fan said it right, the Seahawks WRs simply aren't getting separation. Not sure where he was tonight, but we needed Doug Baldwin. Though, I will say, Wilson needs to start trust his guys more. You have to start establishing timing routes in this league if you want to consistently complete passes. He seems to have a little bit of Tarvaris syndrome in the pocket, where he'll only throw it to a guy if they're already open. You have to throw with anticipation. Also, I was about to punch a wall when I saw plays such as 3rd and short and Bevell takes Lynch out of the game. What the hell? You just completely took away the threat of the run. Or the ENTIRE last drive, where he has Lynch split out wide as a WR! Lynch isn't even a factor on the outside and he's not a threat to run from way out there! You are wasting a space on the field as far as I'm concerned. It's 11-vs-10 in favor of the defense when you pull crap like that. How does he even have a job with crap like that? The fade route on the 4th down on the 2nd to last possession was an absolute embarrassment to coordinators around the nation as well. You don't go to a low percentage playcall on such a big moment like that where you only need, what, 4 yards? What a joke that guy is.

- This Seattle defense is legit. 8 1st half sacks to lead the NFL all-time. Chris Clemons with an NFL record 4 1st half sacks. He was a monster out there, just killing Newhouse. Really impressed with Irvin and Mebane as well as rushers, was hoping Jason Jones would get in there more. We were killing Rodgers in that 1st half and completely took away the deep pass for the rest of the game. The Packers finally started finding success on offense when they had our defense on their heels, gunning for the pass rush, and started effectively running it. Also using the quick passing game as an extension of the running game. High-percentage plays are the way to go against this defense when the pass rush is on. Nonetheless, this secondary is scary good and when the DLine plays like that, we're easily a top 3 defense in the league.

- The offense needs some serious makeovers. Somewhere. It's just not working. Something needs to change. I wasn't even excited to watch those last 2 drives because I knew that our offense was so anemic that they wouldn't even be able to sustain a drive long enough to score a TD. When it looked like Green Bay was going to go up 9-7, I figured our offense would at least be able to get into FG range. But when the Packers scored a TD, I figured the game was over. I wasn't even in it after that. The offense was garbage and I had no reason to expect it. Do I think we'd be better with Flynn? Maybe. You guys need to remember that this bogus conservative offense is EXACTLY what the coaching staff forced Flynn into during the preseason and it's why most of you quickly went from the Flynn wagon to the Wilson wagon, because they loosened the leash on Wilson. Now that its regular season and we're just playing 1st team ball, Wilson is relegated to the same Greg Knapp-like conservative crap that does nothing but meander away useless talent. I hate it.

- One of the craziest emotional roller-coaster rides of a game I've ever been to. I will definitely never forget it.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bill21792 wrote:
Pictures of what Insider Outsider was talking about.

Tates Butt touches the ground at roughly the same time as Jennings' 2nd foot

As you can see

No Possession

Reloads

Control of the ball with butt and Jenning's foot still in air but only 1 of Tate's feet down

So Tate does control the ball with his hands at this point (at least that's how it appears)

And from another angle..

No possession

Control

It Looks like his foot has lowered to the ground while his butt is still in the air, or before Jennings foot hits the ground

Not proof by any means, but now I can understand what the ref might have been thinking

I easily lean more towards a bad call, but I can at least see some outside possibility/non-dumb@$$ary of the refs

Jennings doesn't need possession, he just needs control of the ball, which he clearly had. I'm a little curious with the following though, say they did have joint possession in which tie goes to the receiver, how on earth did Tate show he had possession, which is needed in order for it to be a completed pass and TD. I just can't see in any way how that was a TD. I'm hearing people say that in this situation Tate would only need "possession" for a split second for the play to end as a TD, but that goes against everything that you need to show you have complete possesion throug the whistle for it to be a catch. Think

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
978 yards (1st), 6 TDs (t-5th), 95.5 Passer Rating (10th)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 21 of 36

Jump to: