Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MNF Week 3: Seattle Seahawks(1-1) vs Green Bay Packers(1-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent write-up, SoS. Very nice read.

Agree very much that the entire game rests on the Lynch vs The Pack match-up. If he continually rattles off big gains and runs clock, Rodgers stays off the field, limiting his chances to drop easy scores over your puny (well, gigantic, actually, considering they're) defensive backs.

For the passing games IMO

Chancellor will likely be on Finley all day. He should be able to keep him in check. Your oversized corners (probably Browner) will take away some of Jordy's value. I expect Jennings to have Thomas shading his way along with Sherman. That should limit his effectiveness. Therefore, we will need Rodgers to have his accuracy and decision making skills at their top level. I also expect Cobb to lead the team in catches and receiving yards. He will need to show up big for us to have success passing.

On the other side, I think Bush gets a lot of early down action because of his ability in the run game and his instincts with mobile QBs. If Seattle had any receivers this could create a mis-match. Rice will be a non-factor as Tramon is a superior player and shuts down better receivers for breakfast. Woodson should shut down Baldwin. Tate will likely get either Bush on early downs or Shields on late ones. If Edwards sees playing time you can expect Shields. Our safeties will likely just play deep zone thanks to the lack of hawks receiving talent. Unfortunately for Russell Wilson, I don't think he'll have very good passing numbers.

If Okung plays (heard he's questionable) then it should be a close, surprisingly low-scoring game. Probably 24-20 Packers. If Okung is out, then I expect the Packers defense to dominate. 27-10 Pack.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't dismiss Golden Tate. Dude has seriously been coming on as of late and he looks focused, which has been his main problem in the past. I think he could have a huge game if you guys disrespect him and ignore him.

Seahawks are better than Packers in every way. Na-na-nuh boo-boo, stick your face in doo-doo.

hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the GB is going to win they need to shut down Wilson. No passing game then the D line can be stacked for Lynch. Hawks will need to use other methods to relieve pressure to Wilson other than just Lynch. Wilson needs to throw a better long ball because they look like hail marrys to me. Hoping to see a better long ball last week but still about the same from pre-season and week 1. Also his passes can be high causing his R's to reach.

Can't rely on our ST's to keep making big plays like weeks 1and2. But we have the 12th man and have history of playing well on MNF at home.

Hawks win.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynch Lynch and more Lynch as long as the Packers don't put up 2 scores on us fast.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real talk:

1) I want to pass all over you because I don't want this ending up a Turbin/Lynch vs Green/Benson battle Mad
2) I'm beyond scared of your DBs and Clemons. If somehow we can get around them (using 3, 4 receiver options...oh God, Finley) then this will be a piece of cake. I don't think it's going to be.
3) What's up with Russell Wilson? I love the kid and wanted him for Green Bay badly, but it looks like he's throwing a baseball when he throws. Dude is like yes or no in categories. Super short, very fast, beast of an arm, and the worst touch I have ever seen in my life Laughing if he can get that together I think he's going to be an All-Pro QB. Just looks like he wants to get the ball from A-B but doesn't care how it gets there.

Packers 42
Seahawks 28
Patriots 0
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both teams have a good shot at winning this game. Here's my opinion as to the keys for the Seahawks:

Seattle
The Packers have an elite pass rush and above average secondary, yet have allowed 140 yards per game this season against the run- that's 5.1 yards per attempt!

Conversely, Seattle is top 5 in the league in rush yards per game, and has already played two top rush D teams. What will Seattle's game-plan be? You do the math. Now, having a game plan vs executing that will be two very different stories. Bevell needs to be very good at establishing the ground game while not being too predictable. It's clear we are going to run the football, but I suggest not always running on 1st down.

The Packers' D is more flashy then stout. It's built to withhold the "NEW" NFL- the Air attack NFL where QBs drop back and throw it 45+ times a game. Well, Seattle's offence is opposite to that, and will challenge that philosophy.

If the Seahawks can take advantage of the crowd noise and get a few big plays on ST/D, then let the O establish the running game/ PA, then it will be a victory for the Hawks. If the Seahawks get behind quickly 14-3, then the pass rush and secondary will be too much for them to overcome.

"We all we got, we all we need"
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be surprised if Cedric Benson gets 50 yards in this game.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

I'll be surprised if the Packers have over 70yds rushing as a team.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
justo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I would agree with both of you but Rodgers is such a wild card. He can get 100 yards if you forget about him. Yeah I don't get why we would run much against you guys. I would assume we come out slinging
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I would agree with both of you but Rodgers is such a wild card. He can get 100 yards if you forget about him. Yeah I don't get why we would run much against you guys. I would assume we come out slinging

If you come out slinging you will pay with either INT's or huge hits on your WRs and that's the beauty of playing an offense like the Packers, Yes they are a very dangerous passing offense, but if you can slowdown the passing of Rodgers they have no running game to fallback on and this will make the game very winnable for us..... Our Secondary needs to step up huge this week and show why it's considered one of the best, if not the best secondary unit in the league.

Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Randall Cobb to be your leading receiver. Although, Jordy Nelson COULD have a decent day against Brandon Browner. How is he against the press?
skurey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
justo wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

If you come out slinging you will pay with either INT's or huge hits on your WRs and that's the beauty of playing an offense like the Packers, Yes they are a very dangerous passing offense, but if you can slowdown the passing of Rodgers they have no running game to fallback on and this will make the game very winnable for us..... Our Secondary needs to step up huge this week and show why it's considered one of the best, if not the best secondary unit in the league.

wat
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skurey wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
justo wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

"You are absolutely right"

Fixed that for you!, Your offense is one dimensional, and if we can stop the pass your running game is nothing to fear....

blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

I'll be surprised if Cedric Benson gets 50 yards in any game. I'll also be surprised if Rodgers passes for under 250 in any game too...

And last game I was surprised. Laughing

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 2 of 36

Jump to: